Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Dec 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3342689)   #1
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clermont Ferrand [F] 6-7-8 June 2014

For 20 years now, I am organizing race weekends throughout Mainland Europe and the people that raced with me loved it. The race series has no commercial objective and everyone involved in this series volunteers their time without financial reward. Important to know is that you don’t pay any membership- or registration-fee ! You just pay one all-in fee for the w/e that you can cherry pick from our race calendar. ánd you can race using your national A or historic racing licence !

Next year I would want to organize a weekend at Clermont Ferrand - Charade [F] 6-7-8 June 2014 - the pentecost weekend.

Sir Stirling Moss once said about the circuit: “I know of no better circuit than the Clermont Ferrand - Charade circuit”.

I can back this up and consider Clermont Ferrand to be the 2nd best - after the Nordschleife - circuit in existence.

Somehow this circuit is forgotten about and this is what makes it an unpopular destination. However as I said before, this would be 'your chance in a life time' to race at one of the best circuits, you've ever set foot on !

Click the link >> http://goo.gl/CmhZ2S << and have a look at the video in order to do some exploratory laps on this circuit.

Should this open your eyes, then best contact me, using the contact form at the bottom of that page.

Don't wait too long with your reaction, because my option runs out within the next few days.

Hope to speak to you soon !

With kind regards,
Pieter BAKKER
Founder, organiser and racing in
the FISC series for already 20 years.

Old 16 Jan 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3354697)   #2
MylesC
Rookie

MylesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks like a fantastic opportunity to race at this circuit. Definitely on my wish list of circuits to race at at some point. I have the dates in the diary, but at the moment, due to customer commitments, I can't enter yet. If the date becomes free and you still have space I will be sure to join you. Cheers, Myles
Old 16 Jan 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3354908)   #3
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow that's one twisty circuit! Always wanted to race there - visited once back in the early '90's on a touring holiday. Lovely part of France with spectacular extinct volcano scenery. Although I'd love to do it this year I can't but doing Angouleme. Maybe next year if it's still an option.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3363579)   #4
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)

Thanks Dave for your reaction. Yes, that is one hell of a circuit and easily better than circuits like Spa - Francorchamps and Dijon - Prenois, to name but a few.

I dare say, that it probably is one of the best hidden secrets in France and it portrays the French problem, they don't or are having problems with their communication outside of France !

Should you know of drivers, that could be potentially interested to join me and race at one of the best circuits on mainland Europe, so please let me know. It would be very much appreciated.

For drivers, that would want to have a look at the circuit, just click the link http://youtu.be/XRdgcHZDJDY <<<click.

Thanks and enjoy your racing !

Last edited by pieterbakker; 3 Feb 2014 at 11:02.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3365195)   #5
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, that looks good fun. I wonder if my 1960 A40 is elligible.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 01:09 (Ref:3365544)   #6
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)

Hi Gary,

Thanks for asking. The F.I.S.C. 'Legendary Circuits' is a series for production road sports cars under 2.0L and to 1971.

But basically any ‘production road sports car’ that matches the speed and the ambiance of the grid is welcome. This includes bigger ánd later period cars.

For example we have a Morgan 4/4 SC running, a 2.0L car from 2009. It resembles the sixties style, so is very welcome to race with us.

Another example is a 1968 Morgan +8, but in order to reduce its speed, it's now on the Avon tyres, and is also very welcome to join in.

Should you be in doubt concerning the eligibility of your car, please contact me @ http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/contact-pieter-bakker/

Enjoy !

Old 8 Feb 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3365587)   #7
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thumbs up for the circuit! and for Auvergne
Old 9 Feb 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3365891)   #8
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having won the first FISC race at Clermont Ferrand in 2003 (I think) when it was all Spridgets, I would highly recommend it. A twisty challenging circuit and Pieter does a great job for all of his participants.

I believe the circuit has struggled over the last few years so I would suggest doing it before the chance disappears,
Old 9 Feb 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3366126)   #9
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)

Indeed FISCracer, it was back in 2003, that you won our very first race at Clermont Ferrand - Charade.

After being under threat in 2012/13, I believe that their petition dramatically improved their survival chances. It was supported by motor sport enthusiast's from all over the world!

And yes, it's not only the racing that we're interested in. We're the only amateur club, to carry a Paddock Club for our racers, everywhere we go. In order to get a better idea, have a look at the photo album of our Angoulême Weekend recently @ http://goo.gl/t59bT4.

Enjoy!

Last edited by pieterbakker; 9 Feb 2014 at 18:31. Reason: typo
Old 10 Feb 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3366376)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Looks great, shame I'm away that weekend, also the same weekend as Dijon ?
Old 10 Feb 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3366387)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Looks great, shame I'm away that weekend, also the same weekend as Dijon ?
And Autosport 3hr at Snetterton......