Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Mar 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3387214)   #51
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I can readily sort everything bar the son.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3387297)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The description covers quite a few of us
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3387608)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
So what are you suggesting as the secret sign? Overweight, grey hair, glasses or the long gendered hired son?
I'm just wondering exactly what a long gendered hired son is? I just feel that it is something that must surely attract care regarding discrimination these days......
Old 1 Apr 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3387627)   #54
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of this business opportunity before.

I will also be available to hire as someone's ginger-haired son that weekend.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3387703)   #55
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm just wondering exactly what a long gendered hired son is? I just feel that it is something that must surely attract care regarding discrimination these days......
Not quite sure how that ended up like that....
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:25 (Ref:3387733)   #56
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all, while this is my first time posting here I have been following this forum for a few years now(best place to get news on Le mans and sportscar racing in general). I will be going to Silverstone this year only for Sunday. It will be my first time at Silverstone and is there anything I should be wary about or something I make sure I don't miss?
Thank you!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3387805)   #57
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Hi all, while this is my first time posting here I have been following this forum for a few years now(best place to get news on Le mans and sportscar racing in general). I will be going to Silverstone this year only for Sunday. It will be my first time at Silverstone and is there anything I should be wary about or something I make sure I don't miss?
Thank you!
welcome to the forum, glad you took the first step and posted, worth looking out for the regulars on Sunday before the race, we will probably meeting up in the grandstand at club before the start. Would recommend doing the walk/bus around the circuit and looking around the stalls around the back of the pits especially the WEC stand last year they had the 24hour trophy on display
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3387854)   #58
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
welcome to the forum, glad you took the first step and posted, worth looking out for the regulars on Sunday before the race, we will probably meeting up in the grandstand at club before the start. Would recommend doing the walk/bus around the circuit and looking around the stalls around the back of the pits especially the WEC stand last year they had the 24hour trophy on display
Thank you for this!

I will be arriving somewhere around 10 on Sunday, when everything sort of kicks off so I'll be in a rush to get to places and learn the track. I will definitely try to see as much as possible of the track and also of the other attractions and enjoy the racing.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3387857)   #59
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Be warned sportscar racing is adictive, after 28 le mans, 4 classic le mans 6 Spa 6 hours and probably 15 Silverstone 6 hours i should know
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3387862)   #60
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
So far I have only been to the 6 hours of Hungaroring back in 2010, fully enjoyed that one and looking forward to Silverstone, WEC and return of Porsche....and one day I'll get to Le Mans as well.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3387865)   #61
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they are expecting a big crowd for this one so you may want to aim for 9 rather than 10 just to be sure?

silverstone's traffic management strategies for the non-f1 meetings can be a bit hit and miss, though one would hope they're getting their heads round it as we speak.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3387868)   #62
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So far I have only been to the 6 hours of Hungaroring back in 2010, fully enjoyed that one and looking forward to Silverstone, WEC and return of Porsche....and one day I'll get to Le Mans as well.
Warning:- don't go to Le Mans unless you have time and money for a life long obsession!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3387873)   #63
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
they are expecting a big crowd for this one so you may want to aim for 9 rather than 10 just to be sure?

silverstone's traffic management strategies for the non-f1 meetings can be a bit hit and miss, though one would hope they're getting their heads round it as we speak.
Hmm thing is for me it is a bit hard to get there....I could do it by train but that will leave me quite a distance from the track, and apparently they have a coach that takes you from London all the way to the entrance of the track and I was counting on that.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3387874)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah, in that case i'm sure it'll be ok and they'll have built the relevant time into the journey plan. it was more if you were travelling by car that it could be a problem!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3387875)   #65
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
I see....well that what it says that it should reach the track at round 10. Thank you for all this info it is golden for me at this stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Warning:- don't go to Le Mans unless you have time and money for a life long obsession!
Don't worry I am working hard towards achieving that aim, after all that is the dream, isn't it?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3387899)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Hmm thing is for me it is a bit hard to get there....I could do it by train but that will leave me quite a distance from the track, and apparently they have a coach that takes you from London all the way to the entrance of the track and I was counting on that.
My first trip to Le mans was by coach/ferry that was in 1985, they are still running them i think but used car in 1986 and have done ever since driving down is all part of the fun
Old 17 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3394074)   #67
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what's the plan for the pre race meeting?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3394210)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The talk about a meet transferred over to the other silverstone thread, we will be meeting people in club stand just before the race so should be there 11,30 ish