Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Apr 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3392539)   #351
Slowsley
Rookie

United States
Near Road Atlanta
Slowsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention how many more teams might pull out by PLM.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3392565)   #352
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsley View Post
Road Atl is 2.54 mi. and has handled 50+ grids for years. But yeah, there'll be cautions.
In recent years only in 2011 (when the ILMC joined the fun), average FCY numbers over the last couple of years (2010-2013) at least 7, might even be closer to 10, making it close to 1 FCY per/hour or even more...
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3392671)   #353
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, could someone kindly answer this technical question of mine?
I saw that during long beach race, LMP2 and DP (and GTLM as well) went to pit after 45-50 minutes from the start of the race. As shown in WEC, GTLM cars fuel milliage let them to run for more than one hour (without cautions I mean), but what is the real fuel autonomy of LMP2 and DP? In the laguna seca 2 hours race, will be enough just one refuel for them or will be forced to have 2 refuel/pit stop ?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3392717)   #354
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
IMSA mandates a smaller fuel tank size than the ACO, so they will probably have to do two stops.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3392768)   #355
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
Can anyone in good conscience say that this year's race is better than this one?

I didn't think the 2013 race was particularly interesting. Watching 5 classes in a field of under 30 cars and where most cars belonged to a spec class wasn't very entertaining. Even the LMP1 cars from the picture aren't more interesting than their LMP2 equivalents. (Yes, the same Lola chassis has an LMP2 version). Setting the P2 vs DP balance issues aside, I think the 2014 race was decent because of the cream of crop drivers. Having said that, I think both the 2013 and 2014 IndyCar races in Long Beach were a lot better. You can still catch the 2014 rerun race on TV.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3392776)   #356
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In 2013 the battle in P1 between Muscle Milk and Rebellion was pretty good until it ended up in the dirt.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3392996)   #357
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
In 2013 the battle in P1 between Muscle Milk and Rebellion was pretty good until it ended up in the dirt.
That was at laguna, at long beach muscle milk got balked for several laps by dyson while rebellion ran away,muscle milk couldn't catch them.rebellion pitted while muscle milk waited and pitted under caution allowing them to keep the lead.wastnt much of an overall battle at long beach last year just like this year the ford has a clear advantage over every one wether it's purposely given from bop or Imsa doesn't understand turbos and needs to mess with pressures from track to track.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3394174)   #358
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Just watched the replay on free to air here in Oz and found it an enjoyable race. Not particularly memorable but it was fantastic to see a race go uninterrupted by cautions for the whole race.

That was a very dominant race for Corvette. Mags and Garcia were just in another league especially for that class. Liked watching the battles behind them and how different cars handled corner entry and exit etc

Still think the P class needs a better balance between dp and p2, they seemed invisible for most of the race.

I see Mazda has made little progress, I know it's a new programme but still I'd be embarrassed if I had my name plastered all over these mobile chicanes
Old 18 Apr 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3394439)   #359
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, I was referring to Laguna Seca. Should have made that clear.

As I recall, Long Beach was when MMilk pitted after half an hour and did its driver change, which basically gave them the race--Rebellion lost not on pace but lack of experience with that track and the ALMS in general.

Whatever--I enjoyed both ALMS Cali rounds last year, and Long Beach wasn't bad this year. Laguna, it seems, will be make-or-break for TUSC.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3395065)   #360
chocophile
Rookie

chocophile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That was a very dominant race for Corvette. Mags and Garcia were just in another league especially for that class. Liked watching the battles behind them and how different cars handled corner entry and exit etc
Not exactly. Three other cars (the #4 Corvette, both BMWs) had faster laps. What made the #3 car *LOOK* so dominant is that the rest of the GTLM field was stuck behind Ed Brown at the wheel of the #2 ESM car. The gap between the #3 car and the rest of the GTLM the field was impossible to make up due to the lack of cautions bunching the field up.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3395101)   #361
Maelochs
Veteran

Yup ... gap was about 13 seconds when the rest of GTE got past Ed Brown and about six seconds at the end---the rest of GTE was closing. No doubt Garcia and Mags could have gone more quickly had they been pressed, but looking at practice and quali times makes it seem that they just got a really lucky break in the race.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3395351)   #362
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It wasn't their fault thought that Ed held up everyone and made the best of it of it though. Good to see someone else other then a Porsche win this year