Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 May 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3403975)   #476
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Brundle could have benefited from not having watched Yacaman battled the 90.
Old 9 May 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3404230)   #477
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some of you are acting as if dive-bomb into cork screw inside doesn't work.

It does, that has been demonstrated in multiple races in multiple series, including the PC/GTD race directly beforehand, IF racing room is given.

wesbrook did not give racing room by going to the right, he ran brundle off the road, going off the racing line in the process, which is also more to the right in order to get a better exit. Its clear to me that westbrook is directly responsible for the crash that happened at the cork screw. You cannot blame brundle for trying to pass in a place where it is very much possible to pass if he gets the opportunity.

And yes, I'm aware the 90 did get a penalty for punting the 42 off road in T5, but they should've at least been given a warning flag for excessive blocking prior to that to chill the 90 down a bit.
Old 9 May 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3404233)   #478
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Would you agree that witgout taking that line, Westbrook would risk running into the Action Express car in front of him?
Old 9 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3404247)   #479
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Would you agree that witgout taking that line, Westbrook would risk running into the Action Express car in front of him?
I disagree with that. If Westbrook was worried about hitting the back of the Action Express car, he should have stayed to the far right where there was a lot of free space. Instead, he dove to the left and blocked the 42...he knew what he was doing...and there was no risk of the 90 hitting the 5 in the back.
Old 9 May 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3404305)   #480
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aside from the hipcheck off the road, I didn't think Westbrook did anything that egregious. I don't really remember seeing multiple second moves to block (but I haven't watched it a second time, so maybe I'm forgetting), and Laguna is a very easy track to be defensive at. I don't remember seeing anything much different than Bergmeister vs Magnussen, and most people seemed to applaud the defense Bergmeister put up.

For the move at the corkscrew, I think there are a bit too many different factors at play there to make it very black and white.

Maybe the general attitude around here about DPs is causing me to imagine a bias when there isn't one, but I can't help but think that if the cars were reversed, people would have been cheering the OAK car on for how well it was defending from the DP.

I'll give the race a watch again a bit later and look a bit closer though.
Old 9 May 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3404330)   #481
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Maybe the general attitude around here about DPs is causing me to imagine a bias when there isn't one, but I can't help but think that if the cars were reversed, people would have been cheering the OAK car on for how well it was defending from the DP.
They sure wouldn't be calling for more BoP in the DPs favor so it could get by more easily.