Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Aug 2002, 17:40 (Ref:361428)   #1
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gt's at oulton park

my g*d! from what i hear was a very eventful and frightening weekend. Big crashes caused by the rain and some marshalls caught up in the accident with two of the saleens, anyone know if they're ok? (Jasongore?). Anybody go? fill me in?

The results are:
1 GT 7 Saleen S7-R
Graham Nash Motorsport Thomas Erdos
Ian McKellar Jnr
2 GT 27 TVR Cerbera Speed 12
TVR Engineering Michael Caine
Rob Barff
3 GTO 78 Porsche 911 GT3-R
PK Sport Robin Liddell
Piers Masarati
4 GTO 57 Porsche 911 GT3-R
EMKA Racing Tim Sugden
Steve O'Rourke
5 GT 17 Ultima GTR
Master Motorsport Stephen Brady
Neil Cunningham
6 GT 10 Dodge Viper Peter Cook

7 GTO 51 TVR Tuscan R
Race Sport John Hartshorne
Piers Johnson
8 GTO 77 Porsche 911 GT3-R
Team Eurotech Godfrey Jones
David Jones
9 GTO 66 Ferrari 360 Modena
Group C Tommy Rustad
David Leslie
10 GTO 99 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Race Sport Richard Stanton
Steve Hyde
11 GT 19 Marcos Mantara LM600
TFM GT Gerry Taylor
Paul Stephens
12 GTO 79 Porsche 911 GT3-R
PK Sport Steve Donovan
Jamie Masarati
13 GT 1 Lister Storm
Lister Racing David Warnock
Michael Jordan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 19 Aug 2002, 18:55 (Ref:361495)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: gt's at oulton park

Quote:
Originally posted by TVRfan
some marshalls caught up in the accident with two of the saleens, anyone know if they're ok?
One marshal was hit by a Viper while running to an incident, probably one of the Saleens. He was not badly hurt.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 06:53 (Ref:361840)   #3
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As from what I heared there were no serious injuries. The one marshall was hit by debris but fortunately apart from some cuts he is all right. What will hurt more is the damage that was done to the cars. The Saleens and the Tuscan look like complete write offs.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 07:02 (Ref:361845)   #4
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures and report.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 07:54 (Ref:361861)   #5
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats some serious damage, glad to hear everyone involved is ok. I was caught in the rain shower as it crossed into Shropshire and it was hideous just standing in it never mind racing in it!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 09:28 (Ref:361903)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was horrid, the visibility went from clear to zero in under 2 seconds. The fact that there were no serious injuries just goes to show how lucky we all were.

The marshal has minor cuts and brusing, I saw him walk out of the med center. Good on Mike Newton, Saleen driver and former Oulton Marshal, who after extracting himself from his car, went over to see how the marshal was.

- TVRfan are you going to Snett?
Old 20 Aug 2002, 09:40 (Ref:361908)   #7
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hgb
As from what I heared there were no serious injuries. The one marshall was hit by debris but fortunately apart from some cuts he is all right. What will hurt more is the damage that was done to the cars. The Saleens and the Tuscan look like complete write offs.
After much thought/debate I am making this post. I disagree with the sentiments expressed in the sentence starting what will hurt cars are expendable people, as far as I know, aren't.

I am just relieved that everybody involved is alright.

Last edited by KayBee; 20 Aug 2002 at 09:42.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 09:45 (Ref:361911)   #8
andrew_powell98
Racer

andrew_powell98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was flagging at Lakeside and as the rain came down we had no visiablitiy of the flag points at Island or Cascasdes. Even though we had 2 cars off there was no way that the drivers could see the flags the rain was that bad. It is the worst I have seen since 97
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:35 (Ref:361967)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon Pullan looks like a very lucky man indeed!

Glad to see no-one was hurt seriously.

When is the coverage on Channel 4?
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:38 (Ref:361968)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Tuscan R and the Viper are repairable - The Saleen's chassis will both need to go back to the US.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:39 (Ref:361970)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by KayBee

After much thought/debate I am making this post. I disagree with the sentiments expressed in the sentence starting what will hurt cars are expendable people, as far as I know, aren't.

I am just relieved that everybody involved is alright.
Couldn't agree more Kaybee - it was horrible watching the carnage unfold at Knickerbrook because I was convinced there had to be serious casualties. I felt much better when we found out there weren't.

To be fair to other posters, I doubt we'd see comments here about repair bills if there had been serious injuries. And I guess you had to be there to get a true feeling of how serious it could have been.

British GTs being high profile (and expensive!), I'm sure the top teams budget for a couple of full rebuilds a season anyway... I tend to feel more sympathy in that respect for a privateer who wrecks his £10,000 Caterham in race 2 and has to pull out of the season.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 13:33 (Ref:362041)   #12
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with Kaybee and the others about comments made, but if it had of been worse, and as garcon says, no one i'm sure would be talking about repair bills. I'm glad we can make comments like this after such an incident.

Cars are repairable and replaceable, people aren't.

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Simon Pullan looks like a very lucky man indeed!
Glad to see no-one was hurt seriously.
When is the coverage on Channel 4?
Hopefully two weeks.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:16 (Ref:362076)   #13
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon Pullan's report
Old 21 Aug 2002, 08:28 (Ref:362718)   #14
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
" TVRfan you going to snett?"

Yeah i am jasongore. will be my first full weekender. going saturday morning, camping over and leaving late sunday should be a good one! you marshalling?

I totally agree, cars are replacable people arent. but the tuscan is in a bad way. hopefully they can rebuild it before snetterton. if not will they use the cerbera? they can do that right?
Old 21 Aug 2002, 12:30 (Ref:362901)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I spoke to Shorty yesterday - The Tuscan R should be ready.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 21:32 (Ref:363966)   #16
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
thats what ni heard too. anyone read simon oullans report, makes for scary reading, it can be found at www.pistonheads.com or www.pullanpower.co.uk , sorry i dont have the full addresses.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 06:21 (Ref:364188)   #17
jase
Veteran

Good to hear the Rollcentre TVR will be out at Snetterton.

TVRfan, yes, I'll be there, come and find me i'll be in the pits (as usual!!) Black Soxs cap.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 08:14 (Ref:364214)   #18
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
will try too. just had my leg put in plaster so i dont know how mobile ill be when i get there. still definitely going tho . does anyone know anything about the camping, how far a walk from the pits/track is it?