Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2003, 19:35 (Ref:751294)   #51
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the old system had been in force then Coulthard would have been free to race Raikkonen in Japan - so the Suzuka result may have been different. Would DC have beaten KR in the Suzuka race?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 19:46 (Ref:751313)   #52
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
can i just say that these results are not totally reliable. if you were using the old system then people would be fighting stronger to defend their sixth place, where now they have three points they wouldnt be going so hard as they would still have 2 in 7th. if ya get my meening
Old 14 Oct 2003, 20:17 (Ref:751356)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With you on that one. It's like when people say Michael would have run away with the title in '99 had he not broken his leg, due to the mistakes Hakkinen made. Those mistakes likely wouldn't have happened had Schuey been racing with him.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 20:27 (Ref:751364)   #54
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're right of course, but it's just one of those things we do sometimes: ponder 'what ifs'!

As for DC at Suzuka, x, I think DC had the legs on Kimi, for whatever reason, so I think he could have beaten him.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 21:11 (Ref:751428)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DC & Kimi at Suzuka. It is too hard to tell who would have run. They were on different strategies after Kimi was (changed to?) a 2 stop. I don't think a 2 stop was the way to go, but McLaren had to try something (take a risk) to make up for the 15s+ lost behind the Toyota to Rubens.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 21:57 (Ref:751463)   #56
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this for a new score system. No points for WDC only count wins. The second car's (only one can win)points go towards WCC.
Example: So if JB wins a race he is in the WCC title race with 1 win. Sato comes in 8th he gets 1 point - which goes towards Bar's WCC tally.