Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 May 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1292376)   #1
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old car - VBM 4000

'lo folks

Was pondering around Racing Sports Cars website - came across a car called a "VBM 4000" in the French GT championship from a race in '99. pic is here: http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-09-12-003.jpg

I've not seen this car before, looks like a cross between a McLaren F1, a Lister GTL, and a Porsche 911-GT1!

Anyone know much about this car and whatever became of it? It's a stunner, there's another picture of it on the site from the previous year in a sleek black.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1292400)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Always thought it looked more like a very breathed upon GT40, particulalry from the front
Old 3 May 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1292403)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Throw in a little GT40 with the ducts and headlights on the front! (see here It wouldn't look out of place in JGT either.

Sorry I have no info other than it seemed quite mid-field in the French championship.
Old 3 May 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1292426)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
actually from those angles there is a little GT40 inspiration... I did find out it was in the GT2 class - which I'm presuming would now be GT1, even in France? not sure of any French GT classes
Old 4 May 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1292507)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Is this car related to the Venturi?

Are Venturi still around? Is VBM still around for that matter?

robert
Old 4 May 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1292591)   #6
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://gto-racing.nexenservices.com/...VBM4000GTC.htm
Old 4 May 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1292773)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems that Mazza stole some design keys from this http://gto-racing.nexenservices.com/...M4000GTC_4.htm Clip those wings
Old 4 May 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1292872)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The similarity with the GT40 was delibarate when VBM designed the 4000 ; a kind of tribute. VBM tried to prequalify at Le Mans in 1995 and 1996.
In 1995, after having built in a very short time, this car received a provisional approval by the Services des Mines (The French official service for weights and measures to vehicles). The engine was a classical V6 PRV (Peugeot/Renault/Volvo) twin turbo (WM, Venturi...). Patrick Bornhauser and Jean-françois Metz (the B and M of VBM), didn't do better than 4'46"88.
In 1996, they chose a Renault V6 with 12 valves instead of 24. Dominique lacaud did 4'32"700. But the engine broke at the end of prequalifs, and the team decided to sportingly leave their place for a Ferrari F355.
Old 4 May 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1292883)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is a story of Venturi, but in French :
http://www.automobile-sportive.com/g...ri/venturi.php
A businessman of Monaco bought Venturi several years ago.
Old 5 May 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1293378)   #10
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I remember the car has been converted to a road-going version now and is not racing anymore.
I wonder what the basis was. Was an old GT40 or a replica of it modified or did VBM build that from scratch?
Old 5 May 2005, 06:30 (Ref:1293411)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Patrick Bornhauser still races in FFSA-GT... wasn't he 2004' champion, with a Viper ? Can't remember right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins
As I remember the car has been converted to a road-going version now and is not racing anymore. I wonder what the basis was. Was an old GT40 or a replica of it modified or did VBM build that from scratch?
At my knowing, the car was build from nothing. Patrick Bornhauser decided to stop the car's carreer at the end of the 2001' season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Is this car related to the Venturi?
No. VBM were from Orléans (my birthplace), when VBM is from Nantes (where I live). At my knowwing, Bornhauser is from a family of the building industry, Bornhauser-Molinari (Public Works).

I thought that Venturi was dead, but the brand is still alive, in spite the fact that they don't build cars in Couëron (Nantes' suburb) anymore. Thanks for the link, Pascal !

Last edited by Fab; 5 May 2005 at 06:44.