Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Sep 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1417310)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snet 24th/25th Thanks

May I just say a big thank you to our crew at the BRSCC-EA meeting this weekend.

To find that we had some 14 on our regular crew for Saturday when we knew we were going to be on the Revett Straight!, and 13 on the Sunday on Esses was absolutely superb. (Shortage of marshals??)

In addition the way in which the crew reorganised themselves so we could assist on Sear and Riches on the Saturday was brilliant and I know that it was greatly appreciated by Peter Rodwell.

So many thanks to Ronnie, Colin & Lesley, Alan, Mick, Mark & Avril, Kevin,Terry G, David, Jerry, Paul, Phil and Steve.

Thanks also to Andy(Snetmarshal) & Andy, Nicola & Martin for putting up with me at Sear on Saturday. It was really good to have the opportunity to work with you and I really appreciated the superb support you gave me with the various incidents we had during the day.

Terry
Old 26 Sep 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1417349)   #2
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry, it should be me thanking you for your help on saturday! We were a bit short on numbers, plus your arrival ment I could pass the observer role to you!! so cheers for your help, really appreciated.

So any drivers apologise to you on sunday??!!!!!!

PS send us the regs for the van championship!!!!
Old 26 Sep 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1417403)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Cheers Andy!

Nothing too much to apologise for really, apart from the damage to Mr. Palmer's grass!!
Oh, and the VW that managed to throw itself in front of another car and end up on the grass between the escape road and Esses out with a rather large dent in the passenger door and requiring a full lift.

Plus a rather fraught Fiat race at the front of the field. Fiat aftersales dept should be doing a good trade this week with the replacement parts sales!!.

I have the latter item in a word document could you pm me with your e-mail address and I will bounce it back to you.

Terry
Old 26 Sep 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1417408)   #4
snetmarshal
Racer

well being on Revett, was fairly quiet apart from two seperate spinners!! one under the bridge (so really was yours, but was still on the straight) and one near where the old runway strip joins joins revett! Not quite sure how either managed it!! Mind you was impresive watching the minis go past touching bumpers for the tow!!
Old 27 Sep 2005, 01:02 (Ref:1417496)   #5
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess I should thank Terry as I was the one missing from Sear that caused his relocation to lead my crew (or what was left of it). As you know, I was up at Cadwell at the weekend trying to stop another set of drivers from invading another bit of JPs turf.

Glad it all went well at Snet and you all got on.

Oh and I hope there is enough turf for 750MC to protect in two weeks time. See you all then.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1418150)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
Oh and I hope there is enough turf for 750MC to protect in two weeks time. See you all then.
Despite all attempts from the Radicals, Formula Ford's and the VW's, yes we did manage to leave a little bit of grass behind and a quite a few divots, ready for you to protect Peter! Amazingly they all missed the tyres on the apex of the Esses, more luck than judgement though!

Anyway thanks for the loan of your excellent team on Saturday it was good fun!

Certainly we're all looking forward to the 750MC meeting in a couple of weeks.

I have three new recruits wishing to come along perhaps if I send you their details on a PM you could be kind enough to arrange some tickets for them?

Terry
Old 27 Sep 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1418206)   #7
simes43
Racer

simes43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its the first Mighty Mini event I have ever raced at Snett where a car didnt end up on its roof or leave without one!

Not even a yellow flag. I will have to tell the others to try harder.

Mini43
Old 27 Sep 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1418324)   #8
snetmarshal
Racer

Well the Mighty minis were excellent, least from revett, we could see you all charging into sears and then thro corum and heading to the braking point for russell, along with the dust clouds kicked up as russell. excellent entertainment, and also a very friendly lot on the slow down lap