Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 25 Jan 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1508648)   #46
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC have been to Croix twice in the past as have many other UK championships. The day is effectively a BARC run event under MSA regs.

CT are also at Oulton in August I am now informed.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1508888)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Fair enough as I say who am I to complain I am the new boy and if guys like to do trips like that then fine, I'll just have to do something else that weekend as I don't want to get involved in trips abroad and all the time, expence and hassle and besides they may not let me back in :-)
Old 25 Jan 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1508919)   #48
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We went to Croix a few times with the Super Road Saloons.

A good laugh but very expensive (time off, ferry crossing, food etc).

Now I have the motorhome I would do it again, without it I wouldn't.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1508949)   #49
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are working on getting the best deals available for Ferry and accommodation.
I've been there with the BARC before. Hotel rooms about £30 per night, Ferry £90 or so (Car and trailer).
I found the whole weekend cheaper than the one at Pembrey (I'm based in the South East), and treated it like a weekend holiday.

Can't guarantee your safe return through immigration , but I'd give it a try if you can take a long weekend from work.

Circuit is not that unlike Lydden, so you either like it or loathe it. Went with some doubt the first time, but have had lots of fun each time.

The cicuit is less than 90 mins from Calais, so it's alot shorter journey than some UK circuits.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1508990)   #50
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey all that way and expense to race at another Lydden, past.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1509014)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
What about the car? From posts I have read here (Zefs and Peter Mallet's for example) it seems they have to be to some sort of FIA standards.
Those comments refer to FIA meetings which Zef and I enter. Unless things have changed the CTCRC runs to MSA regs no matter which part of Europe it goes to.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:20 (Ref:1509016)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh right, I did not know they could do that. All joking aside, is there really not enough British tracks about struggling for grids as well to make this sort of trip a bit unneccessary.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1509022)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To pick the two you seem to have latched on to (and this is my personal opinion), Coombe has limited running days (as has been discussed) and its a BRSCC circuit (unless Strawford has declared UDI) so its unlikely it would jeopardise its own well supported championships for a BARC club meeting (as good as it would be).

Cadwell has a busy schedule and is part of Dr Jon's plan for world domination but is out of the way. Why would the BARC risk going to an out of the way circuit where the risk of smaller grids would hit its credibilty.

They run Pembrey and Lydden so the risks at those out of the way locations is minimal.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1509028)   #54
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Combe is not a BRSCC circuit. All meetings bar one are organised by CCRC now, and they have invited championships from many clubs, including BARC and including CTCRC specifically (plus HSCC, AMOC, MGCC, 750MC, BRSCC etc).

The reasons for going to Croix? Circuit hire is cheap and a lot of people enjoy it.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1509039)   #55
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even with an "extra" round for CT at Oulton there is still a huge gap between races 3 and 4 and also 4 and 5. With all the CT rounds at meetings with Pre'93 bar one then I could double up. Pre'93 will be bolstered by BMs so perhaps I would not be on my own. Question is, how many will bother to do the CT championship? Surely TRC is a better option for the CT drivers, and for the Ford boys there are a number of options.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1509042)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
The reasons for going to Croix? Circuit hire is cheap
So does that mean the entries are going to also be cheap
Old 25 Jan 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1509043)   #57
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure how they work out to be honest, Al.

There was a feature about British clubs going to Croix in MN a couple of years back...
Old 25 Jan 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1509052)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Combe is not a BRSCC circuit. All meetings bar one are organised by CCRC now,
UDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
and they have invited championships from many clubs, including BARC and including CTCRC specifically (plus HSCC, AMOC, MGCC, 750MC, BRSCC etc).
Yes but apart from contradicting your above statement the CTCRC has four races to run, that takes a large lump of time out of the day for the Combe championships. The last time the CTCRC was there was '99.

I know the 750 mc runs there but they have a bigger bill and can run a two day meeting thus still allowing the local championships into the event.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1509053)   #59
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al, if you like going sideways in relative safety then Croix is a really fun circuit in RWD car. You won't be fast but you will enjoy it.

There are a lot of arguments about "but it is cheaper than going to Pembrey etc". Do your own costings before believing these, they can miss out a few expenses/considerations.

A couple of times we ventured out into the nearby towns and had a real laugh. A couple of my mates ended up coming back about 5 in the morning from a french rave!

Not so pleasant to camp in a tent in though, some of it is next to a MAJOR lorry route and take your own portaloo!
Old 25 Jan 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1509055)   #60
Ian Sowman
Veteran

CTCRC is there at the March 25th meeting represented by the Classics/Historics and the Production BMWs.

Not sure when 750MC last ran their own meeting at Combe - quite some time ago. I think the last races were there in 1999, slotted into a BRSCC bill. This year two 750MC championships will race there - Formula Vee on March 25th and Stock Hatch on May 29th.