Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 May 2006, 02:48 (Ref:1600993)   #1
f1 canada
Rookie

f1 canada should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find Good old f1 drivers helmet photos?

Hi! All...I am new here but think you guys are Pro's! I 've been collecting some old Helmets recently that I would like to turn into F1 driver replicas...They are mostly from the middle 70's, mostly Bell star...
Does anyone know a good book or internet site were they should good color photos of older drivers helmet?
Also, would anyone know a reference site that would list the helmet model that such and such a driver was using?
Example: Merzario, Bell star II, 1975...(maybe not accurate!)

Would really appreciate because I want to paint a few one and have them look as original as possible...

Thanks, F1 Canada
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2479250)   #2
guido55
Rookie

guido55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I'am an italian collector and have some helmets and have friend interested to reproduce helmets starting from vintage ones.
We can exchange photo and other material, if interested let me have your mail in order to be in direct contact.
Have seen you are from Canada, I'm use to be there once in a year normally in March and stay in Montreal and Toronto. I'm living in Monza
Ciao Guido
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2479263)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Mike Fairhome started this awesome group on Facebook
Old 10 Jun 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2479375)   #4
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of photos old and new here http://www.flickr.com/groups/512326@N25/pool/

Not much in the way of F1 but there are a few in there...
Old 10 Jun 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2479395)   #5
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk View Post
Lots of photos old and new here http://www.flickr.com/groups/512326@N25/pool/

Not much in the way of F1 but there are a few in there...
Actually I've just checked and there are hardly any! There used to be... Sorry to waste your time!
Old 10 Jun 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2479611)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
A young guy (at the time) published a book in the early-mid 80's listing all the drivers and their helmets from F1 up to that point.

Thing is, I can't bloody remember what it was called but I bet there's a copy on ebay or something?

'Grand Prix Drivers Data Book (something or other)', i'll see if I can find it and come back!