Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 May 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1621520)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Online F1 manager games

As there is a serious lack of a decent modern F1 manager game in the shops at the moment i was wondering what some of you guys are playing online, is there anything decent out there? i have noticed batracer being mentioned but i am looking for something a little more in depth than that, any suggestions?
Old 29 May 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1622184)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm only aware of Batracer really.

There is a game in development (but has been for a while) provisionally called F1CM which you can look at http://www.f1cm.co.uk/ - but you can't play it, unless you're a beta tester.

Unfortunately, F1 licenses being what they are I see a game of that nature unlikely to see release - I'd be more optimistic if someone looked at at Champcar or IRL based title, though to make it interesting - best base it on something a bit older than the spec chassis/engine series we have now I guess.

If 1998 is recent enough for you, you can try hunting down Grand Prix World. There are batches that claim to make it XP compatable, though sadly they don't work for me - I walk into an unhandled exception pretty quickly.

Last edited by Hazard; 29 May 2006 at 16:41.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2336336)   #3
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.f1time.com

we're heading into the last race this week, so it might be the right time to join
Old 8 Dec 2008, 03:11 (Ref:2350008)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have recently purchased F1 Manager 2000 by EA Sports, after previously playing Europress' 1996 F1 Manager into the ground.

Sadly F1 Manager has a few bugs however I was lead to believe there was a down loadable patch.

Does anyone know where or have a link to such a patch?
Old 10 Nov 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2579608)   #5
CJCA
Rookie

United Kingdom
Salop
CJCA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.gpro.se

This one is quite good... 2 races per week, and its free... start in a rookie league and make your way up to Elite...

Chris A
Old 12 Nov 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2580662)   #6
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://pitstopboss.co.uk/

http://pitwall.org/

I did a search for an F1 manager game and stumbled into the world of online F1 managers. There's many more, too. Do a search and click show similar. The links are my favorites so far.
Old 10 Jul 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2924458)   #7
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spamtastic referral link!
Old 10 Jul 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2924476)   #8
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See if we can rescue this thread from spammie mcspam...

Grand Prix Manager has never been beaten IMO - the game dates to 1995, but the developers has given permission to reverse engineer & modify (which has been done extensively)

http://www.gpm2world.com/
Old 10 Jul 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2924826)   #9
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Spamtastic referral link!
Link? What link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
See if we can rescue this thread from spammie mcspam...

Grand Prix Manager has never been beaten IMO - the game dates to 1995, but the developers has given permission to reverse engineer & modify (which has been done extensively)

Excellent save!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2925759)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow!

Its been over a decade since i've played that! Thankyou!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2926707)   #11
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That game was ace, although Johnny Herbert once died at the wheel of one of my cars in Brazil
Old 3 May 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3068974)   #12
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MEGA-BUMP

New official F1 manager game is in development & they are looking for beta testers

www.F1OnlineTheGame.com

The trailer looks like it has got pretty good graphics & confirms you'll have the ability to make your own team
Old 29 Jun 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3099928)   #13
Livery
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver Canada
Livery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was heavily involved for a number of years in gpmanagerpro.com....took up way too much of my time and I have had to step back for a bit...maybe I'll come back one day as it was fun.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3100033)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tried the codies game earlier

You can tell its very enw as I bugged it out after a few minutes!

All I did was ignore the help boxes and went ahead and did stuff, and hey presto, when the click boxes catch up you cant click where they tell you as you have alread clicked them!

Nice touch, and why would you open beat something so staggeringly unready!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3168456)   #15
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

Just a little bump: while GPM2 World is still online, with all downloads available (the 2009 mod is one of the most complete reworkings of the game), the forums are no longer functional, and essentially exist in read-only mode (for anyone interested, there are interviews with Ed Grabowski and Steve Goodwin, the developers of the games, which are worth a read in my oh-so-humble opinion ).

As a result, there has been a slight migration of the forum to http://sionco.is-great.net/forum/. There are also three management games in the early stages of development on the site, so feedback etc. always welcome, I'm sure.

F1CM (mentioned in post two of this topic) is now called "Grand Prix Racing Manager", and its site is http://www.gprm.co.uk/ The fact that it's not been released since 2006 when Hazard said that it's been in development a while should speak volumes. I'm dubious it will ever see a release, and the devs don't do a good job of updating on progress (or lack thereof).