Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1900033)   #26
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
Do I tell my Health Insurer my hobby is only slightly more dangerous than Tiddly winks?
Up to you. I doubt your Health Insurance would care about it. Life and Income Insurance? yeah, check them out for sure.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1900447)   #27
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC
never mind Aquarius.some people are just THICK.....i know what ur saying see u at weekend
Yeah, I think I need a Bex and a good lie down.

See you at the weekend.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1900503)   #28
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just looked it up for Victoria.

http://www.ambulance-vic.com.au/Main...hip-Cover.html

$60 a year Single Membership
$120 a year Family Membership

You’re covered 100% for all*:

All emergency Ambulance transport

All MICA(Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) attendance and/or treatment

All emergency air Ambulance transport

All Ambulance treatment where transport is not required

All medically authorised non-emergency patient transport including:

From private hospital to treatment facilities and return
From home to treatment facilities and return**
From home to hospital for admission and on discharge from hospital to home
Inter hospital transport between private hospitals.
All Ambulance transport and treatment services provided by interstate services***

Avoid the cost of ambulance AND support Ambulance Victoria .

Terms and conditions (summary)

Membership benefits do not commence until 5.00pm (1700hrs AEST) on the day after the Membership fee is received by the Ambulance Victoria (AV). There is a 60-day qualifying period for all New/Reinstated Members requiring non-emergency ambulance transport or services. The 60 day qualifying period shall commence from 5.00pm (1700hrs AEST) on the day after the Membership fee is received by the ASV. The 60 day qualifying period does not apply to emergency cases except where the ambulance service is required as a result of a pre-existing ailment.

In applying for or renewing Membership, the applicant/Member agrees with effect from the date of Membership or renewal of Membership and for the duration of the Membership:

(a) to be bound by the current Membership Scheme Business Rules; and

(b) that Ambulance Victoria (AV) may at any time vary or replace the Business Rules, which will bind the Member with effect from the date on which the Business Rules are varied or replaced and appear on the AV website at: www.ambulance.vic.gov.au.

* A 60-Day qualifying period exists on pre-existing medical conditions and non-emergency transport for new members

** Excluding transport to public hospital outpatient clinics

*** Ambulance transport back to Victoria must be medically required and approved by Metropolitan Ambulance or Rural Ambulance Victoria

Similar schemes exist in each state. The Ambulance cover in some health insurance policies & Union scheme's do not offer as much cover as the above and you can find yourself paying for hospital to hospital transfers and so on if you're not careful.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 07:11 (Ref:1900660)   #29
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope that passed the copyright rules of the Forum PVDA!
Old 26 Apr 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1900704)   #30
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
Hope that passed the copyright rules of the Forum PVDA!
Interesting question and I s'pose if they consider it's not I'll cop another slapping and they'll just leave the link (I hope).

Considering it's effectively an advert and not an official article and actually answers a lot of the questions being asked in this thread I made a decision to post it and the link.

Anyway back on topic.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1900725)   #31
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You talking to me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius
How can a track owner/promoter be responsible for someones personal health, that is ridiculous.

They can only be responsible if a person gets sick or hurt as a result of activities undertaken at the track.

How can Lindsay or Andrew Fox be responsible for somene who smokes 80 a day, never had a blood pressure check, eats all the wrong things, give me a break!

I was faced with similar issues as a OH&S Professional and I can tell you no company is responsible for a person personal health, there is process's to help people get back to work after personal injuries or sickness.
What part of.....

I think this thread has wandered off the main topic....which should be....

should an organising body or accreditation authority receiving tremendous benefit from the labour and efforts of volunteers absolve themselves of any responsibility towards their health and welfare during the course of said duties ??

don't you understand???

A racetrack is a workplace....witness the CAMS/Civil inquiry into the fire bottle refilling at Wakefield Park.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1900771)   #32
Aquarius
Racer

Quote:
What part of.....

I think this thread has wandered off the main topic....which should be....

should an organising body or accreditation authority receiving tremendous benefit from the labour and efforts of volunteers absolve themselves of any responsibility towards their health and welfare during the course of said duties ??

don't you understand???
What part of this don't you understand;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius
What we seem to be talking about here is personal issues impacting on your volunteer time at a race meeting.

Having previously worked as an OH&S Professional, I can assure that if you have a personal medical problem that requires you to be taken to hospital by ambulance then it will be at your cost. Workcover is there for workplace issues and CAMS/MA/AASA/ANDRA (or whoever's) Insurance is there to heelp you for race track related issues, not personal issues.

Quote:
A racetrack is a workplace....witness the CAMS/Civil inquiry into the fire bottle refilling at Wakefield Park.
Only for those who are employed by the racetrack, NOT volunteers, as has been said, do us all a favour and go and read the other 3 threads on this matter if you want more information.

and for hopefully the last time, VOLUNTEERS HEALTH AND WELL BEING WHILST ACTING IN A VOLUNTARY MANNER AT A RACE TRACK IS PROTECTED BY THE SANCTIONING BODIES INSURANCE!!!!! IF THEY ARE HURT OR ARE CAUSED TO BE UNWELL BY THE ACTIVITIES AT THE RACETRACK, THEN THEY WILL BE LOOKED AFTER BY THE SANCTIONING AUTHORITIES INSURANCE, INCLUDING ANY AMBULANCE TRAVEL, GEEZ AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS PRETTY EASY TO UNDERSTAND

Last edited by Aquarius; 26 Apr 2007 at 09:34.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 11:37 (Ref:1900855)   #33
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as i said before some people are thick.........i suppose they want the insurers/promoters/track owner to cover the amdulance costs if they have a serious asthma attack.........a pre existing illness that they have had for many years......what has that got to do with track activities??.or someone having a hearty out on a point? these are just examples of non motor racing medical incidents which could happen anywhere
Old 27 Apr 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1901565)   #34
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC
as i said before some people are thick.........i suppose they want the insurers/promoters/track owner to cover the amdulance costs if they have a serious asthma attack.........a pre existing illness that they have had for many years......what has that got to do with track activities??.or someone having a hearty out on a point? these are just examples of non motor racing medical incidents which could happen anywhere
Well I think I would rather be thick than have your callous attitude to people mate.....have a good weekend
Old 29 Apr 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1902980)   #35
Aquarius
Racer

Thanks, we did. Wished you were there!
Old 30 Apr 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1903303)   #36
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep sure did.......and i'm not callous just being logical...as i keep saying people are THICK

Last edited by BFC; 30 Apr 2007 at 11:27.