Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jun 2024, 18:24 (Ref:4215745)   #1
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2024 BTCC Rds. 13/14/15 Oulton Park

Oulton Park is this weekend.

Will we see Jake Hill and WSR BMW repeat their 2023 successes at Oulton Park (and continue their 2024 streak), will Ash Sutton and Tom Ingram fight back, or will we get a surprise?

BARC Event Page

Timetable

Noticeboard

Entry List TBA

Supports: MINI JCW, Porsche Sprint Challenge GB, Radical Cup UK, Caterham Seven Championship UK

BTCC Qualifying [YouTube] = Saturday, 15:35 - 16:30

BTCC Raceday [ITV4] = Sunday, 11:45 - 18:15
Old 17 Jun 2024, 18:51 (Ref:4215749)   #2
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m quite looking forward to the Caterhams, they looked good last year at Silverstone but only a got a few laps on the televised race. Oulton is a far tighter circuit of course.

Hoping Thompson gets back in at the last-minute, although I’m assuming it’s highly unlikely.
Old 17 Jun 2024, 21:15 (Ref:4215777)   #3
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yaaaay Catherhams!

Boooooo! Radicals!
Old Yesterday, 02:19 (Ref:4215797)   #4
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Boooooo! Radicals!
Radleys or Radicals? Wake up.
Old Yesterday, 07:28 (Ref:4215806)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There's nothing wrong with the Radicals. They usually produce good racing
Old Yesterday, 08:33 (Ref:4215819)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Personally id be happy if every support series was all tin-top racing.

Fiestas, Clios, Porches (I guess), Ginetta Junior, Minis
Old Yesterday, 08:57 (Ref:4215821)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Personally id be happy if every support series was all tin-top racing.

Fiestas, Clios, Porches (I guess), Ginetta Junior, Minis
I think the support packages have suffered with Ginetta joining the SRO support package.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 (Ref:4215852)   #8
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say another double win by Hill is on cards.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 (Ref:4215853)   #9
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think the Beemers will take some stopping, kind of resigned to it just being the 3 of them on the grid though.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 (Ref:4215855)   #10
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingram had a bit of dig in his latest video about Thompson appearing for one meeting and taking points from him and Sutton but not Hill.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 (Ref:4215862)   #11
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Ingram had a bit of dig in his latest video about Thompson appearing for one meeting and taking points from him and Sutton but not Hill.
Fair point maybe one round messers should be erased if they default
Old Yesterday, 18:43 (Ref:4215934)   #12
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I’m quite looking forward to the Caterhams, they looked good last year at Silverstone but only a got a few laps on the televised race. Oulton is a far tighter circuit of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Yaaaay Catherhams!

Boooooo! Radicals!
After a red flag strewn weekend for TCR UK, plus a lot of safety car interruptions and slow recoveries during the British GT weekend, I just hope this weekend we see some clean racing at Oulton Park.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Caterhams can do. With the Radicals and the nature of Oulton Park, I can't see great racing occurring. Also, Lulham really is the class of the field, and if he is racing at Oulton this weekend then I can't see anyone beating him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think the support packages have suffered with Ginetta joining the SRO support package.
The Ginetta Juniors are definitely missed, and I did enjoy the GT4 Supercup. That being said, I've enjoyed the variety of supports we've had over the past two years.

Next year we should have a more consistent support line-up. Provisionally F4 are doing all 10 TOCA meetings in 2025 (unlike 2023 and 2024). The existing meetings arrangement for Porsche (8 PCCGB, 6 Sprint) and MINI (7 JCW, 3 Trophy) will likely stay, plus TOCA Juniors at (presumably) all 10 meetings. Given that there will be an increased number of regular supports that will eat into track time, I can't see guest series appearing much.

Having seen some of the Ginetta racing on YouTube since the beginning of last year, Ginetta Juniors is doing really well (although it will be very interesting to see if the entry dips once the TOCA Junior series starts next year). With the Ginetta GT and Ginetta GT Academy the jury is out - there can be some good racing, but there are some quite sparse/weak fields especially in Ginetta GT.
Old Yesterday, 18:53 (Ref:4215938)   #13
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Presumably more of Ingram's slightly tongue-in-cheek style, but I think he does have a point - in lots of series one-round wonders are invisible for points (even though Thompson and WSR didn't intend on being a one-round wonder).

Hypothetically, if you take Thompson out of the equation the points would be thus:

Sutton 171 (+2 points)
Hill 165 (+1)
Ingram 157 (+2)

Sutton's points lead over Hill would increase by 1, Ingram wouldn't close in on Sutton at all but would gain 1 point back on Hill.
Old Yesterday, 19:36 (Ref:4215945)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Presumably more of Ingram's slightly tongue-in-cheek style, but I think he does have a point - in lots of series one-round wonders are invisible for points (even though Thompson and WSR didn't intend on being a one-round wonder).
Ingram and Sutton lost more points from a poor tyre choice in race 2 than they did from Thompson being there.
Old Yesterday, 20:52 (Ref:4215955)   #15
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Ingram and Sutton lost more points from a poor tyre choice in race 2 than they did from Thompson being there.
Absolutely yes, both screwed up. And with Hill driving relatively well this season, those lost points from the tyre choice screw up could cost them the title (which is presumably a reason why Ingram brought it up in the first place).

I thought he had a point worth making (being that guest drivers or one-off entries can interfere with the points). The hypothetical proves that it would make very very little difference to the points had Thompson been a guest entry anyway.