Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Apr 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4205589)   #426
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think the only car in the 1:29's?
Old 28 May 2024, 05:23 (Ref:4210748)   #427
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DSC interview with Ferdinando Cannizzo reveals first 499P joker is on the horizon...

Ferrari Planning To Debut First 499P ‘Joker’ Before End Of 2024 Season
Old 28 May 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4210759)   #428
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is more interesting:
Quote:
“I am in favour of extending the regulations. What I will work on in the future with the other manufacturers and the FIA and ACO is probably to have one single platform in the long term, instead of two different ones racing together. This is one of the targets that we should achieve. “It could be a regulation that is a combination of the two (LMH and LMDh). We have proven the car, whichever platform, is performing well. So I think we can go with one clear decision, but this is a personal view. And that would help a lot to strengthen the championship.
No idea what they are lobbying for but there are 6 manufacturers commited to LMDh and only 3 to LMH.
Old 31 May 2024, 09:19 (Ref:4211095)   #429
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
DSC interview with Ferdinando Cannizzo reveals first 499P joker is on the horizon...

Ferrari Planning To Debut First 499P ‘Joker’ Before End Of 2024 Season
I hope they do something to the exhaust layout so it sounds less like a cement mixer
Old 1 Jun 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4211233)   #430
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I hope they do something to the exhaust layout so it sounds less like a cement mixer
It is kinda jarring that such a pretty car sounds so terrible
Old 1 Jun 2024, 14:25 (Ref:4211247)   #431
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love to hear that "terrible sound" here in the USA, but it sounds to be very unlikely any time soon.
Old 2 Jun 2024, 07:14 (Ref:4211421)   #432
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont understand why people have such an issue with a turbo V6 it sounds fine to me, the Porsche basically whispers, the BMW is not much better at least the Lambo sounds decent, and the Alpine.
Old 2 Jun 2024, 12:41 (Ref:4211475)   #433
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I'd love to hear that "terrible sound" here in the USA, but it sounds to be very unlikely any time soon.
I guess it depends on what you mean by soon. Because you will be able to hear it in the US at the end of August.
Old 2 Jun 2024, 13:20 (Ref:4211479)   #434
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by soon. Because you will be able to hear it in the US at the end of August.
I was hoping to see the 499P in IMSA and the Petit this year but that's not going to happen from what I've read.
Old 2 Jun 2024, 17:46 (Ref:4211537)   #435
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I was hoping to see the 499P in IMSA and the Petit this year but that's not going to happen from what I've read.
If ever. But things can change so maybe one day. I think they're concerned about their 'showing' in IMSA vs the competition. They want someone top notch to run their cars. And possibly the bop issue.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 11:07 (Ref:4211648)   #436
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Dont understand why people have such an issue with a turbo V6 it sounds fine to me, the Porsche basically whispers, the BMW is not much better at least the Lambo sounds decent, and the Alpine.
I only have an issue with that turbo V6
Old 8 Jun 2024, 07:40 (Ref:4212322)   #437
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...-rejected.html
My respect for this team dropped another 10 points. Somehow I don't remember these clowns protesting after Le Mans 2023 where BOP gave them best overall pace.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4212343)   #438
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
My respect for this team dropped another 10 points. Somehow I don't remember these clowns protesting after Le Mans 2023 where BOP gave them best overall pace.
I certainly don't think the appeal should be granted, but if I was their team manager I would have done the same.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 10:00 (Ref:4212344)   #439
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari Files Appeal After 6H Spa Protest Rejected.

Old 8 Jun 2024, 11:12 (Ref:4212351)   #440
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 13:22 (Ref:4212377)   #441
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
They just look like sour faced losers here, can they not see they bigger picture, or is it ALL and ONLY about them, it is so selfish, ignorant and arrogant, but hey, this is Ferrari this is why a lot of motorsport fans openly scorn this company sorry.

I get that they probably have to do this, but in some way it makes them look sooo bad.

IN reality nobody but a few board members care about the WEC series, it is ALL about next weekend and has been for decades. let it bloody rest.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 13:36 (Ref:4212379)   #442
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’d like to think I wouldn’t.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 13:56 (Ref:4212383)   #443
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd also like to think I wouldn't, but I do agree with Andrew.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 14:05 (Ref:4212386)   #444
TF110
Veteran

United States
They'll probably lose this battle, but I feel like they have their reasons. I don't agree with them, but I'd like to have seen it more fair for other competitors to be given a chance to pit. But that's cruel luck sometimes.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 15:52 (Ref:4212406)   #445
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post

I get that they probably have to do this, but in some way it makes them look sooo bad.
So you're accepting that they have to.... It's a fact of life that sometimes we have to do things we know we shouldn't..... In fact, much of life is actually based on this premise.....
Old 8 Jun 2024, 19:01 (Ref:4212430)   #446
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
This is not a sporting decision. The decision made by the organisers was a decision made FOR the fans and for the good of the sport, what Ferrari are doing is probably dictated by lawyers and perhaps even by sponsors, are the other teams that lost out doing it? No, only them. They accept it as it was a fabulous gesture made by people wanting to give the fans what they paid for. And also I might add made with the heart not some ruthless grand an hour layer hovering over their shoulder.

They lose huge amounts of face for me, after making a great effort to SEEM appealing and genuine on their return, they rock back to being the Ferrari that everyone grew to hate in F1

I see why they are doing it, but only because they are USED to the cutthroat and despicably pathetic world of F1, a world I walked away from a long time ago, this is not the behavior of a team interested in sport, growing it or most importantly giving the fans what they want and deserve. This is the measure of a ruthless group, interested ONLY in their own gain, not in growing the sport, appealing to all the fans and perhaps most importantly of all doing the right thing. It is selfish, ignorant and arrogant, they think they ARE endurance racing after only being here a couple of years,

Sorry you have a long way to go to be anywhere near as relevant in this field as Toyota, Porsche, Audi Peugeot and many others at least in prototype terms.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 01:19 (Ref:4212462)   #447
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post

Correct. Also only one of those things was outside of the written rules.

Anyway, hate that Ferrari are bringing their political F1 BS over here
Old 9 Jun 2024, 01:21 (Ref:4212463)   #448
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That’s really nothing to do with it.

This can just be seen in isolation of them being a mardy bum.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 05:31 (Ref:4212483)   #449
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
They have every right to pursue this, and they should be rejected every time; the right decision was taken for most overall benefit (teams and fans).

But let's not pretend that Ferrari are uniquely odious. Any other team on-course for a victory would be doing the same - the points they would have gained if the race was not resumed would have made a big difference to the championship result.

(And before anyone mentions Imola, that was entirely Ferrari's fault, but it is not relevant to this protest).
Old 9 Jun 2024, 07:01 (Ref:4212490)   #450
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
My point remains, does anyone really care about winning the WEC title as MUCH as winning LM, that is all that matters to the drivers, teams, media and fans in many ways.

Yes it look and sounds great, but when you look at the big picture of what happened at Spa a decision was made for fans, and now this team are trying to undo that decision and also probably put in place a rule that prevents this type of decision ever being made again.

Look at the bigger picture folks, this is a very poor read of the room by Ferrari and is one of the most selfish things I have seen for years in racing, I know that IS the sport to these people, but look at the bigger picture, surely.

What happens next time, Porsche are leading, the race is stopped for hours, and the team work their knackers off to fix the track, then make the utterly fabulous decision to restart the race but this time Ferrari benefits.

Is that so hard to take? Read the room, see the bigger picture you selfish ignorant idiots. Or is this just a ruse to back down at the last bloody minute and make themselves look magnanimous!!