Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2863641)   #1
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winingest Teams

Autosport website has an interesting piece on the top ten win/start ratios that many of the regulars on here will have a view on:

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...ficient-teams/

Brawn come out on top but......

Red Bull have just moved into the top ten, but....

Old 15 Apr 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2863661)   #2
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My view is I'm not paying 89p to read it.

Is Alfa Romeo up there?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2863720)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Autosport's heading the is the top ten most win-efficient teams, which perhaps puts it better. It's not a question of how many wins a team has had overall but wins per start and, no, Alfa Romeo are not in the list but Maserati and Ferrari are.

Brawn are top because they only had the one season, in 2008, when they won both titles are then became something else. The ironic fact is that Mercedes are in there, too, and would be top of the charts were it not for their lack of success since they took over Brawn!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2863722)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
This might be the most pointless list ever compiled. Autosport are claiming it tells us which teams can "find and maintain success quickly", but when you consider that Brawn and Red Bull had many mediocre years as BAR/Honda and Stewart/Jaguar respectively before becoming successful, that rather renders the top 10 to be...what's the word? Oh yeah - garbage.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Apr 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2863725)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams used to have one of the best races to wins ratio of all the teams. Sadly nowadays they are a bit of a shadow of their former self. I do want them to make a comeback.

Shame I have to pay 89p to view this article.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2863729)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Shame I have to pay 89p to view this article.
Autosport is a business - they can't give everything away for nowt.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:07 (Ref:2864153)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport sucks, quite frankly.
They should be grateful some people actually want to read their articles.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2864275)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably best if we don't go down the Autosport is rubbish road. Lets stick to the topic the thread starter wanted to discuss. There are a couple of threads in Armchair about the merits, or lack of, for Autosport if you want. Or you can start a new one.

Thank you.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2864317)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For some reason I kept reading this title as

"Whingie-est teams"

I daresay that would be a more interesting thread.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2864345)   #10
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
For some reason I kept reading this title as

"Whingie-est teams"

I daresay that would be a more interesting thread.
Manchester United. Thread closed.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.