Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Is Micheal Schumacher simply the best f-1 driver ever?
yes 26 33.77%
no 51 66.23%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Sep 2002, 18:20 (Ref:376715)   #151
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verrrrry interveshtink.... Thanks Tye!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 18:25 (Ref:376719)   #152
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Tad Czapski

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
Traction control is forbidden.In F1 Racing,,June,we published a picture of Schumacher's Ferrari,taken by Darren Heath at Imola,which showed a single glowing rear brake disc,a tell-tale sign of selective braking

Tye
Tye, i believe that this is the pic you are speaking of.

The text published with the pic reads

Has Darren Heath done it again? His picture shows Michael Schumacher at Imola, turning-in to the superfast right-hand kink between Piratella and Aquae Minerali during Friday morning practice. The drivers approach this kink in sixth gear, drop to fourth on the turn-in, then get hard on the power straight away. But look closely at Schumacher's right rear wheel: its brake disc is unmistakably glowing red.

Such is the height of Heath's vantage point that his picture (taken with a 200mm lens) clearly shows that none of the Ferrari's other three discs is aglow. Single-wheel "brake-steer" has now been banned,so what do you think the explanation is?
Attached Thumbnails
schumacher_imola_1998..jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2002, 18:35 (Ref:376727)   #153
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lens of Gold!

mr v,

That is the one!

Tye
Old 9 Sep 2002, 18:49 (Ref:376735)   #154
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Tad Czapski

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye

In yet another,F1 Racing exclusive,Darren Heath's lens has captured the key moment.The picture below shows Tad Czapski plugging his lap-top into Schumacher's Ferrari in Austria,seconds before the start.A Maranello insider has revealed to F1 Racing that Czapski's lap-top is used only on Schumacher's car,and that it controls the F300's engine-mapping.It all adds up,doesn't it?

We'll be keeping tabs on Tad from now on.

Tye
Alongside this pic, was a piece titled "When Ron spoke out"

From it At the Austrian GP, Dennis visited the Ferrari motorhome after qualifying to inform the teams sporting director, Jean Todt, of his intentions to protest the legality of the F300, unless his suspicions about driver aids are allayed.

The three GP's prior to Austria- Montreal, Magny-Cours and Silverstone- had all been won by Ferrari; at the race following Dennis's objection- Hockenheim- the red cars finished fifth and eighth. Interestingly, Czapski had been conspicuouc by his absence from the grid
Attached Thumbnails
czapski_austria_1998.jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2002, 19:52 (Ref:376801)   #155
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very interesting stuff !....ive never seen that peice before .
Old 9 Sep 2002, 23:02 (Ref:376992)   #156
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tye,

Tad Czapski is now at Renault. He moved there at the begining of 2001.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 23:29 (Ref:377006)   #157
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah he's the one who made all the good starts for Fisichella and Button last year...
Old 9 Sep 2002, 23:38 (Ref:377011)   #158
Champ69
Veteran

and gets paid a bucket load as he is very good at his job. Mclaren tried to get him to join their team, just as McLaren tried for many years to sign M.Schumacher.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 02:57 (Ref:377059)   #159
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Micheal Schumacher simply the best f-1 driver ever?

Well the poll says no.........................Woo-Hoo!!!
Old 10 Sep 2002, 06:17 (Ref:377087)   #160
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But he does get about 1/3 of the vote. That leaves 2/3's for Senna, Prost, Fangio Clark etc.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 06:21 (Ref:377088)   #161
Champ69
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
But he does get about 1/3 of the vote. That leaves 2/3's for Senna, Prost, Fangio Clark etc.
I pronounce you as having the call of the day.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 07:45 (Ref:377120)   #162
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh..... the faith that you guys have in F1 racing magazine is quite touching.

Tye, glad that you mentioned the year of that article. Mind you, THE SECRET BEHIND Ferrari's speed? In 1998??? Sheese, Macs were 2 seconds per lap faster…. “It all adds up, doesn’t it?” Nope, it doesn’t. The engine mapping is supposed to minimize wheelspin, secondly what’s so strange about an engineer plugging the lap-top to a car? A photo shows a glowing braking disk, so what? Actually from a photographer point of view, the pic is quite remarkable, but other than an artistic value what were trying to “add up”? Sheese, guys.... come on.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 07:55 (Ref:377125)   #163
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...got to give them an A- Red... for the effort in digging these supposed to be conspiracy theory

Last edited by Jukebox; 10 Sep 2002 at 07:55.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 12:17 (Ref:377351)   #164
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Talking about conspiracies...

Crazy Bernie, what you will do to stop F1 to be so boring and a one-driver-team race ?

Some people that put money in your bag already started to complain...
Old 10 Sep 2002, 12:31 (Ref:377360)   #165
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Er.... some others don't

Bernie can't improve the performances of certain teams or drivers. He can try however to slow down Ferrari. For example he can try to persuade Bridgestone to cut their cooperation with Ferrari, however I suspect that Bridgestone won't be happy about that. And anyway it won't solve the problem. He can ban Ferrari or Michael Schumacher from 4-6 races per season (like they did in 1994), and perhaps that this will make some fans happy for watching an "entertainment" championship.... but... we are not talking about circus are we?

Anyway, why Bernie has to do something? That's motorsport, and they're supposed to build fast car and get best drivers to race them fast on a track. If I'm not very much mistaking, Bernie doesn't have anymore a team in Formula 1, does he?
Old 10 Sep 2002, 13:28 (Ref:377401)   #166
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, Red mate. You know he can do something ! Or do you believe that he doesn't have the power to pull some strings ?
I'm not talking about bans or cut cooperations, but he and FIA can change the rules to make it better than it is now. I mean, not the entire F1 fans cheers for Ferrari, so something must be done ! Let me tell you Red, I don't think Ferrari or TGF are blame for the current situation, they are the ones who took advantage of the way F1 is run now.

And I told you before... this is a circus !!
Old 10 Sep 2002, 13:40 (Ref:377409)   #167
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
We've been through this Bononi, many-many times. Indeed he CAN impose regulations changes; trouble is that the wealthy teams will handle the situation well, without any guarantee that the situation changes, while the lesser teams (or not-so-commited-teams-like BAR for example) will go bust. Bernie can pull some strings of course; but those strings that he pulls must guarantee the success! There's no more time and resources for exotic experiments. It has to work and to guarantee that, 100%, doubtless... well, that's something that Bernie can't.

Anyway. (I said that before). Formula 1 is a formula. That is, given a set of rules, build a car and win. What makes you think that another set of rules will improve the circus? And anyway, there actually ARE other formulae. Just ask Liz and she'll advice you to follow rally!
Old 10 Sep 2002, 13:59 (Ref:377419)   #168
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Red, first of all : I'm glad that we can have a discussion without expecting that the other side will start to scream that I'm attacking his beloved idol !

What makes me think that another set of rules should improve the circus, is the same that many others, many times has expressed here. Most of all, it has been done before, it can be done now. When Senna went to Williams, and F1 faced what could be "The one formula", things has changed.

I know it can be done again.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 14:04 (Ref:377424)   #169
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a tiny P.S. to an otherwise boring subject: Colin McRae who is the Rally driver who offered to meet TGF head to head in any car of his choosing (and whom TGF has blown off as he believes every form of racing is "too dangerous" [translation: every form in which he is not guaranteed by his contract to win]), will be racing at Rockingham this weekend in an ASCAR. On an oval. Both of which TGF says are "too dangerous".

McRae will also, I believe, be racing a World Superbike. This is also something TGF has decried as "too dangerous."

Should McRae come up with the offer to race in rickshaws (his, I assume would be pulled by Nicky Grist) I can guarantee what TGF's answer would be.

Watch Rally. Where real men don't snivel, "Too dangerous!"
Old 10 Sep 2002, 14:20 (Ref:377434)   #170
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Liz, after that statement I'm confident that in the circus me and Bononi are talking about McRae would be perfectly fit for a role not fully covered yet.

Uh... Bononi, did I ever scream that you attacked anyone's idol?

Anyway. Of course many others feel that the things can be improved; I don't say that this formula is perfect and further improvements of perfection are not possible. But how? And please, let's not start another "slicks-turbo-cartregulations-10,9,8,7,6,5-point system-etc" debate It is rather obvious that we are not fully qualified... I mean we're completely unable to judge any possible implication or side effects of a proposed rule change. We're just happy to believe when a "respected" formula 1 pundit cries "remove 70% of wings". That's not the case; as you already mentioned, Bernie probably IS worried by the current state of affairs, as his revenues perhaps don't reach an optimum level. If it really was that simple, I believe that he would've done something long time ago; I don't thing that he really wants to destroy a nice cash-flow just for the sake of it.

PS: Bononi, I'm not sure that I want to see a repeat of "in 1994 things has changed"....:confused:.. I mean I AM sure. I don't want that...
Old 10 Sep 2002, 15:08 (Ref:377467)   #171
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Uh... Bononi, did I ever scream that you attacked anyone's idol?
Surely not ! Unless you call yourself Legend !!!

Old 14 Sep 2002, 08:40 (Ref:380048)   #172
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Champ69
Tye,

Tad Czapski is now at Renault. He moved there at the begining of 2001.
Champ 69,

I know he is at Renault,he went over along with Chris Hill from Arrows.

When the FIA introduced the use of traction and launch control at Spain that year, he was no longer needed at Ferrari.

Tye
Old 14 Sep 2002, 08:53 (Ref:380051)   #173
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Czapski

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Ahh..... the faith that you guys have in F1 racing magazine is quite touching.

Tye, glad that you mentioned the year of that article. Mind you, THE SECRET BEHIND Ferrari's speed? In 1998??? Sheese, Macs were 2 seconds per lap faster…. “It all adds up, doesn’t it?” Nope, it doesn’t. The engine mapping is supposed to minimize wheelspin, secondly what’s so strange about an engineer plugging the lap-top to a car? A photo shows a glowing braking disk, so what? Actually from a photographer point of view, the pic is quite remarkable, but other than an artistic value what were trying to “add up”? Sheese, guys.... come on.
The article in that issue of F1 Racing is fact,sorry,that is life.

Of course I'd mention the year of the article.If I hadn't posted a source you'd be all over me, as would any Schumacher fan.

The McLarens being two seconds a lap faster has nothing to do with Tad Czapski.If it does,please explain?

I want you to explain why to me Czapski is plugging his lap-top into Schumacher's car, and not his team mates?

When Schumacher was at Benetton in '94 and '95 he refused his team mate Johnnny Herbert access to his telemetry,and would go to great lengths to make sure he didn't.And in case you didn't know,Czapski was with Benetton at that time.

Tye

Last edited by Tye; 14 Sep 2002 at 08:54.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 09:14 (Ref:380056)   #174
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Re: Czapski

Quote:
Originally posted by Tye
The McLarens being two seconds a lap faster has nothing to do with Tad Czapski.If it does,please explain?

Tye, buddy. F1 racing magazine is a magazine. That is, their purpose of life, their sole reason of existence is NOT to solve Formula 1 mysteries, but to sell paper. And sell that paper for a good price! And as long as you do pay for that paper (and I strongly refuse) they will continue that way. Because that way is easier and works.

Of course I'd be all over you all guns blazing if you didn't mention the source and time of the article! You did however, and instead of that I found ridiculous that article in it's entirety! "The secret of Ferrari speed"!? In 1998!? According to F1-mag Ferrari shouldn't even qualify within 107% of McLaren's countless poles that year! Don't you see that way? (oh, by the way, it indeed had nothing to do with Czapsky)

Anyway, cheers Tye, I won't join you in a debate caused by a F1 racing magazine article!

Red

Last edited by Red; 14 Sep 2002 at 09:17.