Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1244040)   #1
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be

It could be DC's year!

He didn't say it this year, so I thought I would say it for him!

Good show from him, Klien and RBR!

Thank gosh this car has pace, I hope they can improve upon it throughout the year!

My wool is dyed Rosso Corsa, but I do love competition!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:26 (Ref:1244044)   #2
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brill result today and that should be celebrated but it's only one race so let's just wait and see ........the main thing is that the Red Bull has the pace
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:31 (Ref:1244049)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC did a great job today and that move at the first corner was the making of the result. FANtastic. I think he will have a nice season with no pressure and a great amount of experience to rely on (as well as a smooth style).
Old 6 Mar 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1244062)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am sorry to say that I dont think subscribe to the Red Bull Racing phenomenon... They certainly have a usable car at the minute..

... but once the cars get to Europe, and the development picks up a few paces, RBR will be left behind by the big spenders...

Good on DC for today though.. nice points when every commentator around had virtually written you off as a hasbeen
Old 6 Mar 2005, 06:11 (Ref:1244071)   #5
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasbeen,LOL
He was looooooooong before this year
Imagine how much better they could do with the a real race driver in the car
Old 6 Mar 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1244072)   #6
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Hasbeen,LOL
Harsh! I'll admit that I've written him off a few years ago, but he is a good driver.

I'm happy for him today. New team, excellent results.

I'm off to buy a few cans of Red Bull to show my support.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 06:33 (Ref:1244077)   #7
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Hasbeen,LOL
Is that the best you can do
Old 6 Mar 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1244087)   #8
RWC
Veteran

Who says i'm flaming fantasy?! (Maybe i shouldn't have included the laughing)

I'm serious about those comments
Of course it's all relative-a very decent quick driver can be made to look like a looser once stacked up against the worlds best,and that's exactly how dc looks over the years
Old 6 Mar 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1244117)   #9
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Hasbeen,LOL
Are you suggesting that the previous drivers of that car (when it was green) that never got better than 4th place, were also not real race drivers?

I thought it was a great drive by DC and if he's grabbed a podium, it would have well deserved.... and this is from somone who has previously made "this will be his year" jokes about DC.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1244127)   #10
RWC
Veteran

Oh for goodness sakes alfa! Think abit please

It's a completely different car
...and what good does that sort of comment do for dc's woefull past record anyway?

But i came back to this thread to add -
It sure is interesting and nice to see RB do so well.
I'm curious to see how well they keep up the development.The cosworth has improvements near ready to go for the next half a season it seems
It sure is amazing to see them do so well!

Last edited by RWC; 6 Mar 2005 at 08:16.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1244136)   #11
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Oh for goodness sakes alfa! Think abit please

It's a completely different car
...and what good does that sort of comment do for dc's woefull past record anyway?

But i came back to this thread to add -
It sure is interesting and nice to see RB do so well.
I'm curious to see how well they keep up the development.The cosworth has improvements near ready to go for the next half a season it seems
It sure is amazing to see them do so well!
Well they are all completely different cars, it's a new year, new parts from last year... The cosworth has had decent power in the past too (relative to the field) as has been seen in qualifying and a few years back couple of poduims for Irvine, but you don't normally don't pick up that much speed over the winter break on car alone. So good to see someone doing well with it don't you think?

Just wonder why the need to put down someone who's performing above the level that we'd expect.... like I said, I'm no great DC fan... he certainly didn't do well under the previous one lap qualifying system and sometimes made some silly mistakes in the race, but thought it would be good to give credit where credit's due.

As for the "Think abit", I'll let that pass due to your age.

Last edited by alfasud; 6 Mar 2005 at 08:22. Reason: forgot smiley, forget previous results etc, etc
Old 6 Mar 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1244139)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Great drive by DC and Klien,they were sandwiching the Williams most of the race,I bet Ford wish they had hung in for another year.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1244145)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see that Red Bull could carry the pace from winter into Melbourne.

DC performed above my expectation in this race, and congratulation for him for putting a finger into Mclaren's wound. I'm no DC fan, but i do say he deserve the points he got today.

However, unfortunately, the real test for Red Bull and DC has yet to come. The team is moving on the momentum of last year's car. But one question mark i have is the team's ability to keep development up with the likes of Williams/BAR, not to mention Ferrari/Mclaren. I have serious concerns, that while the RB1 is a decent and quick car, it may lag behind the best when others kick in their developement programms. RBR may struggle to match.

But still, it's good day for RBR and hopefully their form can carry over into Malaysia. Not being a fan of a driver/team shouldn't stop one from appreciating the results they achieve.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1244273)   #14
RWC
Veteran

Alfa -i am not putting down someone who is performing above what we'd expect of him...

What i originally said was-,imagine how they'd go with a real racer in the car
-which DC sure aint, being proven slower than the fast guys for years and years.

Why is it that DC defenders get soooo prickly when someone suggests that he is average?!

The car improvement argument is irrelevant-besides being wrong anyway,remeber BAR last year?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1244279)   #15
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The Jaguar was quick for a few races last year (and the year before) before the development money from the big teams kicked in. Last year Webber was running a legitimate 5th or 6th when it expired. This year the track position flattered them but, having said that, it was the best performance I have ever seen from both DC (well, for a long long time anyway) and Klien. Malaysia will see them back in about 12th or 13th, I reckon...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1244291)   #16
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Why is it that DC defenders get soooo prickly when someone suggests that he is average?!
[mod]Perhaps it's just your way with words , but maybe it's because you've become a stuck record, RWC. We got the same DC bashing from you every race last season, and straight away you're into your stride again. That's called trolling. And it has become very very boring.[/mod]

Of course DC is a real racer! Just because he didn't quite make the step up to World Champion during his years in a Williams and McLaren doesn't mean he's a no-good has been who doesn't deserve to be in F1. He's not, and never has been, the best driver out there, but he is certainly not, and never has been, the worst.

I don't believe the RBR is an entirely different car, or at least not any moreso than any other team's. They will have used last year's Jag in much the same way as others have used their 2004 car as a starting point for their 2005 car. And I don't believe the RBR has suddenly become a top 6 car. Which means that DC took advantage of his good luck weather-wise in qualifying and consolidated that with a superb race performance - precisely what RBR would want from a quality, experienced driver.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1244383)   #17
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Hasbeen,LOL
In regards to me saying you're "flaming" RWC.........it's obvious you are!!!!

"Real race driver" dosen't even deserve a discussion.

The laugh's you put in there have no other purpose except to try to wind people up.

It's obvious i'm a supporter of the guy,but i don't have blind faith in him,and most of his supporters are rational enough to admit his fault's.

As for "DC defenders getting soooo prickly" don't come along and say he isn't a "real race driver" and not expect sooooome come back.

Express your view just don't be mocking about it ...........

Last edited by Fantasy GP610; 6 Mar 2005 at 12:11.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1244435)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RBR have to go down as the surprise package! I'm well impressed, although they won't be ever present in the points and certainly won't always be helped out by the weather!

Well done to the "Jaguar" lads!

DC should have had a podium and his move on Webber was, err, debatable but he was still excellent in my book. A great recovery from his shocking first qualifying session!
Old 6 Mar 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1244438)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprising pace really.... Well done.... and i think DC surprised a few with his determination today...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1244465)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody doubts DC's determination. I think that's the one thing you can't doubt about him really.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1244477)   #21
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coulthard had his chance in 2001 and failed horribly. A good season this year would raise his credablity which Raikonnen destroyed at McLaren. His should aim for a few podiums and as a threat to the fron runners