Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1245045)   #1
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boost buttons?

Did I hear right when Renualt where talking to Alonso "you can over-boost two" or something to that effect? I need to rewatch it to check exactly but do must teams now have what is an effective 'push to pass' button to strech the engine to it's limit if needed to overtake and could it be a help on starts?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1245049)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will be a different engine map and/or an increased rev limit that the drivers can use once in a while. Too much is bad for reliability, but it can help a little in racing. It is not as effect as the CART push to pass for a couple of reasons. Firstly it is easier to do with a turbo engine and secondly that Cossie is a little detuned (because it is a single engine series) so it can afford a big boost without risking reliability.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 05:15 (Ref:1245219)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1
Did I hear right when Renualt where talking to Alonso "you can over-boost two"
"You can use the override twice" was what they said. I suspect its something to do with leaning off the engine for a short burst of additional power.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1245224)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Such things have been in use for sometime........
Old 7 Mar 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1245619)   #5
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard that. The new Team Radio is great for picking up interesting little snippets like that.