Christian Klien 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1262210)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver of the race: Australia

A little late, but back after popular demand. Scoring as last year for the overall winner (I don't know what that was, but I'll find the old thread ).

I have quickly chosen the potential drivers. If you have any that aren't on the list then please say so and I'll add them.

Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1262214)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Going for DC myself, he exceeded all expectations!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1262216)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheers Adam!

Hmm.....I'll go for Alonso, great charge through the field, although the others are equally deserving of the accolade (particularly DC)!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1262245)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giancarlo had a great race, and I don't want to take that a way from him, but he wasn't troubled.
Fernado, from way down on the grid, came through to nearly second. His race face was outstanding, he's certainly, the current fastest driver in F1.
DC had a very good race, I'm, and I'm sure most of us, are pleased he's having success, perhaps, a change in team was what he needed.
Red Bull, was certainly great with both drivers scoring for them on they're debut.
But Renault, for out right pace, consitency, stratergy, are the no1, team.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1262246)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm tempted to agree with Martin Brundle's choice of Alonso for this one, he was fast all weekend and made a great impression moving through the field, but I'm going to choose Rubens, as he did a similarly impressive job with a car which clearly isn't as good. Note that had we done this before Malaysia I'd've probably said Alonso, but Malaysia gave anotehr perspective on the cars' relative performances, and makes it look like Rubens did more with what he had. Honourable mentions to Fisichella, Coulthard and Massa though.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1262270)   #6
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All those drivers drove well IMHO, but DC's drive done it for me I like seeing someone do well after having so many people knock them.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 26 Mar 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1262337)   #7
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC did a very good job in that race and it was great to see Fisi win.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1262352)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Giancarlo is the sensible person's choice.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1262359)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisico

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1262401)   #10
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubens, Alonso and DC were the outstanding drivers for me. Fisi drove well, but did nothing special - because he didn't need to. I'll go for Alonso because he actually passed several cars on the track, as well as being very quick.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1262403)   #11
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dc.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1262405)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Has to be Alonso..
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1262409)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Giancarlo is the sensible person's choice.
Sensible person, or Fisi fan, or both?

Last edited by Knowlesy; 26 Mar 2005 at 17:38.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1262422)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race fell into Fisichella's lap, he would've had to be have been awful on raceday not to win it once he got off the line properly from pole. He did nothing to deserve the award, frankly. He finished behind Massa in Brazil last year, and gained pole as a 'reward' for that (rare in 2004) failure.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1262438)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso. His charge through the field was pure class. Fisichella deserves praise for the way he drove, but he was untroubled and would had to have had seriously stuffed up to lose the race.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1262441)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOW!! Adam...great speed with this...

What JV not on the list?

Fernando was the best in Aus.... probably wouldve finished only a second or two behinf Fisi if it hadnt be for JV...
Old 26 Mar 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1262506)   #17
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to agree with Alonso. A terrific charge through the field.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1262548)   #18
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go with Alonso too. Even in the race he lost a heck of a lot of time behind JV, but made some strong passing moves and was faster than everyone else when in clear air.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 08:39 (Ref:1262727)   #19
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for DC - top drive in a middling car, shocked his detractors and also his supporters, who are inclined to be a little more realistic now David isn't in a McLaren.

Still, maybe this is his year.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1262782)   #20
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me, great drive.