Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1457922)   #151
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
I shall be downloading it shortly, and will report back. The trailer suggests he will be discussing the LMES race.

(the show can be found via iTunes or http://www.podcast.net )
Couldn't find it on Podcast. Any suggestions?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1457968)   #152
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The latest show doesn't seem to be on the Podcast.net site, but the link is:
http://www.podcast.net/show/85444

It's on iTunes, as I am listening now...

(it's right at the start of the first hour)

Highlights:

Radical will run the Judd V8 and will have a Ricardo LMP1 spec gearbox as Rollcentre reckon that gearboxes are the weakest link of previous LMP2 efforts.

They have built an MDF tub and are dry fitting all the hardware to that, so when the real carbon fibre tub arrives everything will be ready to go.

The plan is to have a car at Sebring

As an aside:
Hindy has wagered money that no Porsche RS Spyders will race in Europe in 2006.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1458056)   #153
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hindy has wagered money that no Porsche RS Spyders will race in Europe in 2006.
Isn’t very surprising, is nothing else as Porsche announced so far, although I had little hope to see Penske at Le Mans.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1458232)   #154
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No surprise. They don't really need to go to Le Mans to show the car's potential to customers, which is what 2006 is all about.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1458235)   #155
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

The plan is to have a car at Sebring

I sure hope so!!!!

Maybe a Radical Distributor or two will field cars at some point during the 2006 ALMS Season!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1458332)   #156
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I sure hope so!!!!

Maybe a Radical Distributor or two will field cars at some point during the 2006 ALMS Season!!!
A rollcentre car in sebring or the radical car? had been talking to someone from rollcentre and he told they want to go there.
maybe we will see both, the judd and the aer powered car

hope they get it build just in time
Old 11 Nov 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1458385)   #157
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That would be a tall order for Radical to develop the Rollcentre cars with the Judd plus an AER-powered chassis and get them both tested and squared away for Sebring...

Especially since Sebring is such a tough track on equipment....

Focusing on one package with an established team (Rollcentre) makes more sense, so that they can get it right and make a good debut....

Rushing both to the Sebring grid could lead to the failure of both on a big world stage...and may not bode well for the future potential to sell cars...

An AER could debut at Houston or Mid-Ohio and have two more months of development and test time to square it away....it also would coincide with the possible debut of the AER that Tim Greaves will drive...possibly in the LMS season opener next May

Old 11 Nov 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1458458)   #158
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC Reported today that Radical had to "ramp up" it's operation to get "one Rollcentre car" ready for Sebring.

That's a Judd, and by the description of the process in the article, it appears that only one car is likely to be ready by then.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1458490)   #159
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
and that is the way that I read it....

Thus, my comments above....I just hope they get Rollcentre there with a car....I want to see it in action....

Old 14 Nov 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1460028)   #160
Gunman
Racer

United States
Mooresville, NC
Gunman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awsome, I'll be looking forward to seeing Martin and crew at the old airfield in March!!
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1497210)   #161
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Laurent has posted an in depth interview with Martin on Infoscourse.org. Very detailed, comprehensive and informative. He has been kind enough to post an English translation for our benefit. Thank you Laurent!

You can find the article here.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1497222)   #162
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you translated the article about Dome Thank you James...
Old 8 Jan 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1497236)   #163
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent
And you translated the article about Dome Thank you James...
I spotted a few mistakes in that one Laurent, so I was keeping quiet......
Old 8 Jan 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1497241)   #164
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Infocourse damn good site - must learn french though...
Old 8 Jan 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1497266)   #165
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the Martin Short interview and the Dome story. And like ss_collins already said I would like I could read French.

So RfH/Dome will use a Mugen engine instead of a Judd. Not a surprise but I think this was not confirmed yet.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1497417)   #166
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Laurent has posted an in depth interview with Martin on Infoscourse.org. Very detailed, comprehensive and informative. He has been kind enough to post an English translation for our benefit. Thank you Laurent!

You can find the article here.
Quote:
Car specification is for me very important, in that we put everything that we can into the car that is high quality. It would be easy to build a cheap car and sell cheap drives.....that is not for me. But it will make it harder for me to explain to customers that the drive is more expensive than a cheap deal because our gearbox cost 30000 Euros more than a normal LMP2 gearbox for example.
Wasn't one of Radical's goals to build a cheap car (or at least a cheaper car as the opposition)?
Old 8 Jan 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1497425)   #167
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Wasn't one of Radical's goals to build a cheap car (or at least a cheaper car as the opposition)?
Don't confuse Radical's aims with Martin Short's aims for his Rollcentre cars.

Yes, you can buy and race a Radical SR9 relatively cheaply with their standard bespoke engine/transmission package, just as Radical intended. But Martin has opted to 'beef up' the package to his own specification to ensure strength, endurance and reliability. He wants to be sure his cars can last 24 hours. But this comprehensive upgrade from the standard specification has clearly come at considerable extra cost.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1497459)   #168
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be first, first you have to finish!