Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jun 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2706605)   #76
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Please get to too Stoke Row by 10 30 . 11 at the latest thanks. Getting very worried about the weather.Fingers crossed.Anyone know what Henley on Thames is looking like this Sunday.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 12:02 (Ref:2706653)   #77
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain,
Planning on being at BBQ Sat with my missus. will she have anyone to talk to?
Colin is planning on bringing Oliroy Sunday so if you're saying 10.30 thats fine. Weather looks good for weekend see http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-...hames-UKXX1204
Old 8 Jun 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2706660)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
BBC showing pressure increasing for w/end and dry 19-20 deg. but hey, its early days yet- could all change twice before then

Iain, be down about 0930 if all goes OK! Cars all bufty in readiness....
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2706686)   #79
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic cheers. Been getting radio stations and news papers interested all this morning. Dont worry Richard we do have girls here in Stoke Row.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2706705)   #80
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good news Iain. About the media I mean not the girls. What time is BBQ and do we need bring anything?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2706712)   #81
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
7pm.Approx.We have burgers and sausages so its up to you if you want to bring some extra food. I'm buying some steaks for me.Yum Yum.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2706791)   #82
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it there'll be tea on Sunday?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2706822)   #83
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The girls from the school have just been up too sort out final arrangements.We have bacon butties from 8.30,then freshly filled rolls for lunch followed by wait for it.SCONES AND CREAM for tea. If that does not tempt you all to come then i don't know what would.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2706824)   #84
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTT,or Delta Truck Tea?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2706836)   #85
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Web site up and running. its www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2706871)   #86
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The girls from the school have just been up too sort out final arrangements.We have bacon butties from 8.30,then freshly filled rolls for lunch followed by wait for it.SCONES AND CREAM for tea. If that does not tempt you all to come then i don't know what would.

Bacon butties?? My mrs might come along too then!

James.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2708434)   #87
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Auction is going crazy. We have had more bids for the Barrichello race suit but i think the best item for sale is a baseball cap i have just been given saying."Mario Andretti once said if everything is under control you are not going fast enough". Might have to loose this item.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2708473)   #88
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Better than sun burn!
Old 11 Jun 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2709156)   #89
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll run a couple of raffles for T-shirts and brollies - cover both weather bases

Have just been to borrow a gazebo, but chap who lent it to me doesn't know if there's enough poles or even whether the cover is the right one Might be worth getting there early to see me battling with the tent

Make sure there's some bacon butties left for when I get there...
Old 11 Jun 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2709163)   #90
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm bringing a couple of instant awning things for cars but if it's dry you are welcome to borrow one!
Old 11 Jun 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2709221)   #91
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'll run a couple of raffles for T-shirts and brollies - cover both weather bases

Have just been to borrow a gazebo, but chap who lent it to me doesn't know if there's enough poles or even whether the cover is the right one .

Might a few looking for some work anyway!
Old 11 Jun 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2709238)   #92
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I hope things go OK for the weekend, and I´ll try and email some of the weather over that I am enjoying at the moment Iain
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2709635)   #93
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck with this meeting. Hope it is a great success, and a few pics after would be good.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2709722)   #94
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks John. I have just crept away to have a quiet cup of tea.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2711278)   #95
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Looks like we made over £3000.00. Mega photos and report to follow. I'm heading home for traditional beans on toast.. And a sherbert.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2711328)   #96
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well done Iain,really great show,well worth the trip. Good to meet up with so many old friends/10thers as well.Glad you had the winning bid on the cap by the way!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2711354)   #97
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic Iain, well done!

Lovely day out, a great British garden party with racing cars
Old 13 Jun 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2711464)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Iain, if you could have just sorted the M25 for me on the journey home it would have been a perfect day!

Great day, glad you made so much dosh. Think most of that was me buying cakes.................

Old 13 Jun 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2711488)   #99
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent result on the financial front, well done.

So sorry I never made it but I'd have lowered the tone anyway
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 14 Jun 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2711676)   #100
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Wondered why you seemed very popular with the girls on the tea stand Mike. . Thank You all for supporting the show. I woke up at 5am and started panicking like i do and then its stated raining but like last year everything fell into place the sun came out cars turned up and the day flew bye perfectly. Loads of mates stayed to help pack up and i was home by 7pm probably before Mike and Terry.Alan took loads of pics so I'm sure he will post them later. The "pit stop challenge" was so much fun but we had to disqualify Classic F3 team as Trotty left the wheel nut loose.I bottled it at £750.00 for Barrichello's overalls,but we made £1400.00 just from the auction alone.All in all a great day and set me up for Dijon this weekend.