Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2802626)   #476
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that a recessed tow hook that I see under the nose?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2802627)   #477
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we just broke Planetlemans.com....
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2802630)   #478
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The fin.....
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2802631)   #479
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I think we just broke Planetlemans.com....
Haha .
Who says you need hacker programs to break a website...
Just release pictures of Audi's new Le Mans car, and it happens automatically
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2802633)   #480
EverOne
Racer

Spain
Madrid
EverOne has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We havr to wait loooong time to see the car debut, April 24, tooooo longggg!!
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2802634)   #481
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The fin.....
A million times better than the 90X.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2802636)   #482
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No R18's for sebring though
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2802637)   #483
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
No R18's for sebring though
But an R15++
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2802638)   #484
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The fin.....
Yep. As MMike says; "Big Honkin' Fin".
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2802641)   #485
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Somethings going on with the Audis fin conected to the air intake.

Lolas take on the fin.

Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2802643)   #486
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Isn't it just radio transmitters/receivers?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2802647)   #487
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uau!!!

That´s not look like Peugeot et all, he don´t look pretty but he look faster.

wide front tires and a short front.
The Fin is looking to have a F'duct!!!! but that is forbyden isn,t it????
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2802648)   #488
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I imagine Audi may be making the fin larger than the minimum set by the regulations, likely because they see some sort of benefit from making it larger.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2802650)   #489
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God those fins look so out of place! Prototypes were pretty before those monstrosities came along.

It looks mean, but the fin looks very odd. Hopefully they'll do something with the livery to make it look better, but I guess looks aren't their main worry, speed is.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2802655)   #490
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best res (1920x1280) pics I could find are there: http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-mot...type-unveiled/

I'm looking for the exhaust; have you seen it? Reward offered.
(I think I have; it's certainly nice and tidy)

It's very interesting! With the boxy shape and big tires it should NOT top the speed charts at Le Mans: interesting choices!

And what about the rear bodywork being anything but a longtail, ending 10 cm before the wing and max length?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2802656)   #491
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Best res (1920x1280) pics I could find are there: http://www.quattroworld.com/audi-mot...type-unveiled/

It's very interesting! With the boxy shape and big tires it should NOT top the speed charts at Le Mans: interesting choices!

And what about the rear bodywork being anything but a longtail, ending 10 cm before the wing and max length?
If you look at the back, it looks like a triangular shaped pipe is exiting exactly in the center of the car.. This might be the exhaust.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2802658)   #492
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Under the shark fin (at the rear in the middle): see http://www.quattroworld.com/wp-conte...01209-3632.jpg

I think that confirms that the exhaust and turbos are in the middle of the V.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2802659)   #493
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Isn't it just radio transmitters/receivers?
It looks like there is a thick piece connecting the fin to the air intake, as if air is going into it (weird as that sounds).

May just be the angle.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2802660)   #494
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It looks like there is a thick piece connecting the fin to the air intake, as if air is going into it (weird as that sounds).

May just be the angle.
Yes, but isn't this just some electronics (radio) placed there instead of in the cockpit?.
It is an advantage if there should be radio problems as a engineer quickly can look at it, without interfering with Driver change or refueling.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2802661)   #495
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I thought the R15+ was the most hideous thing Audi ever designed but I stand corrected...yikes!

Looks like the 908/X's ugly sister..
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2802664)   #496
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
@Acid09: thanks for that comment, we can also count on our diehard Audi basher...
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2802665)   #497
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
OK, so here's a question. The rear fenders, there is a large extension in front of it where the turbo intake would usually be, but instead it's just closed bodywork. What would be housed in there?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2802666)   #498
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I thought the R15+ was the most hideous thing Audi ever designed but I stand corrected...yikes!

Looks like the 908/X's ugly sister..
I expected you to hate on it, The only ugly part IMO is the dumb fin, something that will more than likely be just as much as an eyesore on the next pug.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2802667)   #499
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
OK, so here's a question. The rear fenders, there is a large extension in front of it where the turbo intake would usually be, but instead it's just closed bodywork. What would be housed in there?
Nothing of large weight as it would upset the balance.
Maybe it's simply aero? (redirecting the air over the rear wing)
Old 10 Dec 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2802670)   #500
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When viewed from above, they look very much like mirror images of the fronts.