Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Dec 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2998229)   #1101
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Is Conquest an Indycar/Champ Car team in the past? I think I have heard the name before but my memory's a little fuzzy after the CART/IRL split.
Ran by Belgian Indylights ace Bachelart. Took the IRL side first, then when to CART. They seemed to follow whichever series was weakest. Conquest was never a rich team and knew it could be a bigger fish in whichever pond that was shrinking.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2998238)   #1102
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They seemed to follow whichever series was weakest. Conquest was never a rich team and knew it could be a bigger fish in whichever pond that was shrinking.
More than likely they chose the series that was offering them the best subsidy.

AMR is saying on their Twitter feed that there may be life remaining for the Lola-Aston. ALMS? ALMS privateer? Historics? Re-engined? Who knows.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2998239)   #1103
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re-engined with a fin and holes would be what I'm hoping for.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 00:58 (Ref:2998242)   #1104
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
AMR is saying on their Twitter feed that there may be life remaining for the Lola-Aston. ALMS? ALMS privateer? Historics? Re-engined? Who knows.
According to Midweek Motorsport (on twitter) at least 5 races for Fernandez with Lowes backing. I don´t see Adrian driving a GT car (just as Primat) so one last hurray for ´the old lady´ makes sense.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2998249)   #1105
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
According to Midweek Motorsport (on twitter) at least 5 races for Fernandez with Lowes backing.
That could be interesting. It will be a shame that they won't do all the races, but some is better than none I guess.

Where will AMR be getting the car from?
Old 11 Dec 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2998253)   #1106
AGD
Veteran

Dagys seems to be indicating on Twitter that Autocon are affiliated with the Lola-Aston package. So will Fernandez be running for Autocon or what? Or is that a different rumor?
Old 11 Dec 2011, 02:23 (Ref:2998256)   #1107
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is really becoming very exciting! If all these rumours fall through, we could have close to 8 prototypes next year! A far larger number then the past couple of years.

Quote:
Dagys seems to be indicating on Twitter that Autocon are affiliated with the Lola-Aston package. So will Fernandez be running for Autocon or what? Or is that a different rumor?
I'm assuming the Lola-Aston is much more expensive then what Autocon has run in the previous years. Where are they getting the funding???
Old 11 Dec 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2998260)   #1108
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I'm assuming the Lola-Aston is much more expensive then what Autocon has run in the previous years. Where are they getting the funding???
As far as Autocon goes, the 2012 Autocon will be different than the 2011 Autocon. The old Autocon was led by Michael Lewis, but he retired. I believe Burgess and McMurry are looking to continue on Autocon. I don't know how much money they are willing to spend though or how much they want to drive. I guess those are the big questions. As far as an Aston goes, I would assume that they would lease an Aston and maybe that would not cost that much. Perhaps they are taking some money from Fernandez to make things happen, but again, I'm not sure if Fernandez is affiliated with this rumor or what. These rumors definitely have some loose ends, but AMR's Tweet definitely does give fuel for the fire.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2998300)   #1109
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
According to Midweek Motorsport (on twitter) at least 5 races for Fernandez with Lowes backing. I don´t see Adrian driving a GT car (just as Primat) so one last hurray for ´the old lady´ makes sense.
I would love to see that happen, that old lady has life in her bones yet
Old 11 Dec 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2998315)   #1110
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be great to see the car continue. I think it's probably worth pointing out that AMR Teams isn't an official twitter account for Aston Martin Racing. That's not to say they don't know what they are talking about because I think they do.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2998373)   #1111
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think it's probably worth pointing out that AMR Teams isn't an official twitter account for Aston Martin Racing.
Really? I was under the impression it was, sounded like a twitter outlet for telling the world about their customer teams were doing. Didnt think otherwise.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2998393)   #1112
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Really? I was under the impression it was, sounded like a twitter outlet for telling the world about their customer teams were doing. Didnt think otherwise.
Don't think it's official. Could be wrong.

Quote:
Aston Martin Racing Teams : News and updates on Aston Martin Racing's Factory and Customer Teams. Follow the works team here @AMR_Official
http://www.AMR-Teams.co.uk
Website doesn't seem to be official. I still think they have the inside line and good relationships with teams.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2998396)   #1113
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
AMR's official Twitter feed is http://twitter.com/#!/AMR_Official but that seems to be mainly 'works team' news

No idea whether the 'AMR Teams' site and twitter has any official backing?
Old 11 Dec 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2998513)   #1114
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Maybe they have new P1 tires for OAK and Dyson.
One or two... :-)

Ben
Old 12 Dec 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2998919)   #1115
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John Dagys said on twitter they will be out with a story about a new LMP2 effort later today
Old 12 Dec 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2998958)   #1116
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Looks like Black Swan is officially stepping up - with the Pro-Am ruleset being a primary driver.

Still in question as to whether it's a Lola or Oak-Pescarolo chassis they go for (personally hoping for the latter).

Original Speed story is here.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2998959)   #1117
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Looks like Black Swan is officially stepping up - with the Pro-Am ruleset being a primary driver.
Two reasons to celebrate - another LMP2 (perhaps with the Roush Ford, but my guess is they'll go with one of the conventional 3 engines) and no GTE-Am class! That's starting to look like a good decision by the ALMS. Black Swan in ALMS GTE-Am or ALMS P2? Yeah, I'd much rather see them in P2.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2998984)   #1118
AGD
Veteran

So apparently the Fernandez AMR rumor is in regard to a Vantage GT car. The Autocon rumor is still regarding the Lola-Aston.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:27 (Ref:2998986)   #1119
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting note on the engine choice, they said they're looking at a bunch of engine options, including a "Roush-Yates" Ecoboost V6. Seeing as the Ford Mustang won't be getting it anytime soon, it would be interesting to see how it would fare in a sports prototype.

The chassis choice will be either Lola or Oak-Pescarolo.

While that's going on, there's also other LMP2 rumors in the article (continued). Seeing as the story is still holding, looks like we will be seeing Level 5 in the ALMS next year (even moreso now that there's confirmation that they won't be alone next year)
Old 13 Dec 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2998996)   #1120
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Interesting note on the engine choice, they said they're looking at a bunch of engine options, including a "Roush-Yates" Ecoboost V6. Seeing as the Ford Mustang won't be getting it anytime soon, it would be interesting to see how it would fare in a sports prototype.

The chassis choice will be either Lola or Oak-Pescarolo.

While that's going on, there's also other LMP2 rumors in the article (continued). Seeing as the story is still holding, looks like we will be seeing Level 5 in the ALMS next year (even moreso now that there's confirmation that they won't be alone next year)
And Conquest was mentioned as the Oak (US based) distributor.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 04:29 (Ref:2999024)   #1121
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falken's 2012 program remains unchanged,no 2nd entry at this point.

#17 Sellers-Henlzer 2012 Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ire-in-alms-gt
Old 13 Dec 2011, 05:50 (Ref:2999040)   #1122
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we can confirm 4 full time Porsches for next year once again. Falken, Miller and Flying Lizards (2).
Old 13 Dec 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2999082)   #1123
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Falken's 2012 program remains unchanged,no 2nd entry at this point.

#17 Sellers-Henlzer 2012 Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ire-in-alms-gt
Thats good news, I heard that Sellers was returning but not his co-driver and even better that its Wolf Henzler. I just hope if Risi doesnt return that ESM steps up because it wouldnt be the same without a Ferrari in the fray.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2999107)   #1124
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So apparently the Fernandez AMR rumor is in regard to a Vantage GT car. The Autocon rumor is still regarding the Lola-Aston.
I'd really like to see one of the Vantages over here. A little Aston vs Corvette rivalry would be a good addition, although I do worry that the Vantage will need some work before competing with Corvettes again.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2999116)   #1125
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
So a pretty healthy for GTE shaping up then:

BMW 2x - confirmed
Porsche 4x - confirmed (3, FL + Falken), expected (1, Miller)

Corvette 2x - expected
Ferrari 2x - expected (ESM)
Aston Martin 1x - expected (selected races)

Ferrari 2x - possible (Risi, Krohn selected races)
Lotus 2x - possible
Jaguar 2x - possible
Audi 1x - possible (end of season)

Ford 1x - unlikely (Robertson)

Looks like there will 12 to 15 cars on average. The quantity is there, so is the quality - nothing new here is there?