Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Jun 2002, 11:36 (Ref:306241)   #26
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit i watched the Southern Kents at the last meet and it did put a different light on things. Looking forward to it, but would rather be in racing and getting back to the top of my class championship. The damage is obviously wishbones, pushrod,nosebox and the added expenses of nosebox, battery, brake clutch res, bodywork oh and some chassis damage all reparable but going to cost a fair bit, which I aint got. My aim is too get out for the powertour but who knows!
yeah was wondering about the belting, but I think the tyres did a superb job of aborbing the impact considering how quickly the car was heading into them. Am im glad that ive come away with a fixable car and just a sore neck/back. still think i was pretty lucky. Would love to see footage of the shunt, or even just piccies.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 15:53 (Ref:306504)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think that belting might just push cars back onto the track at that location - which wouldn't be good just there.. but the car did rather dig in..

You did well to cover our flag marshals with all the cr@p from the tyres you dislodged, most amusing for some of us. But hope you get the car fixed and ready for action in a few weeks time.

the speed you came past on the grass... count yourself lucky.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 15:04 (Ref:307482)   #28
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matt's accident in images.

Mills spinning:
Attached Thumbnails
matr1.jpeg  
Old 7 Jun 2002, 15:05 (Ref:307483)   #29
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matt hits the tyres:
Attached Thumbnails
matr2.jpg  
Old 7 Jun 2002, 15:06 (Ref:307485)   #30
AndyF
Veteran

Post race handbags!
Attached Thumbnails
matr3.jpeg  
Old 7 Jun 2002, 15:12 (Ref:307499)   #31
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those tyres have got bigger!! - and somewhat heavier by the looks of things.. not been out there this year yet.

'Friad it looks like Matt suffered at the hands of people cutting corners last year.

Hope people enjoy tomorrow.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 15:14 (Ref:307501)   #32
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like the way Mr Mills leaves his lid on!! Matt you must of scared him bad. And Mr Strawford wont be happy at you taking out them plastic chicane markers! Did well to move the tyres that far I think. Hope tomorrow is cheaper. Good piccies Andyf. Were there any photographers at Camp?
Old 7 Jun 2002, 17:52 (Ref:307604)   #33
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was simply enquiring as to why he didnt think to leave a cars width which would have avoided neither of us finishing the race.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 18:13 (Ref:307623)   #34
mattray
Veteran

Its a shame about those tyres because without hitting them the damage would have been limited to a wishbone, trackrod and a couple of joints, BUT it turned out to be 11 joints, 3 wishbones, 1 steering rack, one nose cone, 1 pushrod, and one steering arm. Madness! all fixed now though just gotta clear up the cosmetic damage from Kevin's wheel mainly!
Old 7 Jun 2002, 18:43 (Ref:307654)   #35
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt,
So I was the observer at Bobbies on Monday, and I have to say I could not attribute blame to any party from where I stood.
So why was it me that had to see the MSA Steward after the meeting!
Seriously, it was a great race til that incident, and it's good to know that you will be back out on Saturday.
I will be there with an American Observer friend, who is on holiday and then we are marshalling at LeMans together next week, before returning to the States together for a summer season of marshalling Cart & ALMS.
I'm being a Gypsy again
Old 7 Jun 2002, 18:51 (Ref:307657)   #36
mattray
Veteran

I guess the incident looked differnet to differnet people and as your the only one that matters I guess its my hard luck it looked like it did to you. I guess I always had the choice of being next to him or not. but I felt it was an avoidable shunt by simply him not driving into me.

sounds like a fine time to be had in the states! I hear the methanol gets in your eyes if your close enough. Maybe see you Saturday
Old 7 Jun 2002, 22:05 (Ref:307794)   #37
AndyF
Veteran

I think it probably was a 'racing incident'. He didn't leave you a lot of room, but then, he was alongside so he was entitled to be there!! Anyhow, that's all in the past - good luck for this weekend Matt, will hopefully see a controvesy free race.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 22:17 (Ref:307801)   #38
AndyF
Veteran

Matt - some happier moments from your day!!!

Image 1:
Attached Thumbnails
matr5.jpeg  
Old 7 Jun 2002, 22:18 (Ref:307803)   #39
AndyF
Veteran

Image 2:
Attached Thumbnails
matr6.jpeg  
Old 8 Jun 2002, 22:23 (Ref:308367)   #40
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
A better day for Mr Rivett then!

But glad I wasn't there.. apparently very boring with all the testing.

Painting the bathroom was so much more fun!! Will only be at COmbe for the Saturday of Powertour as my entry for Gurston Down has been accepted, the weekend should be very good...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 12:37 (Ref:308578)   #41
Patrick
Rookie

Patrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good racing, boring testing.

Thanks Matt for giving me the address to this site. It looks very interesting. I see what exactly happened now with your smash. I was unsure about which set of tyres you actually hit and boy did you make those tyres fly!

The racing was good at Combe on Sat. Congratulations on that win again in the FF1600's. Was it just me though or was that F3 and GT testing a little boring? It wasn't quite what I was expecting, especially when only six GT cars turned up for the test!

Was anyone present expecting that plane to land on the circuit?!! I thought it was going to take my head of sat on the bank at Camp!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 08:28 (Ref:309273)   #42
mattray
Veteran

I am happier now, I have finished eaxams and I am back to winning so all is well. thanks for the Pictures AndyF.

The crowds for our race or all of the races to be honest were pretty low they must have all realised just how boring testing can be and gone home! So thats a shame.

and welcome Patrick!
Old 10 Jun 2002, 16:44 (Ref:309795)   #43
Patrick
Rookie

Patrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Matt. The crowd was a bit thin on the ground. Hopefully the crowd will be much bigger for the next meeting, well if last year is anything to go by anyway!

Looking forward to seeing the big boys of the British GT championship in action, they always provide a visual and audio spectacle! It will probably never happen but it would be nice to see some of the competitors from the British GT championship enter into the Castle Combe Special GT championship. It would be great to see the Jade's, Radical's, Bob Light's Stealth etc battle with the big boys.