Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Feb 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3370089)   #2676
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Maybe they are afraid that nobody would watch the protoypes and just watch the GT event, I know I would
Me too.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3370095)   #2677
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
The spilt races don't bother me much. Combining would only lead to more sand trap yellows.

4 hours total, each class gets more exposure, works for me. Just wish one was on sat, and the other on sun am so we could boogie Sunday and be hone at a reasonable hour..
The Long Beach and Laguna Seca "red" races will still have three classes in it if you think about it: DP, LMP2, and GTLM. More than Grand am. So hopefully folks won't find that to be an issue. Also I am very confident there will be less full course yellow time. So I am looking forward to these races very much. I just disagree with the shortness of the P/GTLM Laguna race. Still I think one of the biggest suprises in 2014 could be the sucess of the split class events. I think it could work out quite well. If it does, maybe there will be more of it on the schedule for the non-NAEC races.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3370115)   #2678
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The Long Beach and Laguna Seca "red" races will still have three classes in it if you think about it: DP, LMP2, and GTLM. More than Grand am. So hopefully folks won't find that to be an issue. Also I am very confident there will be less full course yellow time. So I am looking forward to these races very much. I just disagree with the shortness of the P/GTLM Laguna race. Still I think one of the biggest suprises in 2014 could be the sucess of the split class events. I think it could work out quite well. If it does, maybe there will be more of it on the schedule for the non-NAEC races.
May as well add the DW to it's own class in your counting, since it caused a yellow on its own at the end of Laguna last year.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3370145)   #2679
LagunaSnaka
Rookie

LagunaSnaka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TUSC is out to lunch on the format of the Laguna Seca round. In 2005, ALMS went to a long format race on Sat afternoon. By observation anyone could see attendance went up dramatically. Fans have been used to this format and enjoyed it for some almost a decade. No more than a handful of fans have ever showed up for a Sunday afternoon Grand-am race at laguna...not a knock on GA, just observation. Clearly the fan base likes the long Sat. races.
Anecdotally, I know of a number of fans that will not be making the trip from other parts of CA for the Laguna race this year. The "main" event ending around 5 on a Sunday is a limiting factor for anyone that needs to work the next day.
A better solution would have been to have PC run with lites or as a support race, etc and keep the long format on Sat.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3370152)   #2680
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I general, the best thing that TUSCC can do is runs most of their races on Saturdays, to avoid NASCAR Cup and the NFL and MLB games on Sunday.

Same thing can also help the WEC as far as competition with F1 and European stick and ball sports.

Both are facing competition on Sundays from one main form of motorsport in their markets, as well as the stick and ball crowd.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3370154)   #2681
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSnaka View Post
Anecdotally, I know of a number of fans that will not be making the trip from other parts of CA for the Laguna race this year. The "main" event ending around 5 on a Sunday is a limiting factor for anyone that needs to work the next day.
A better solution would have been to have PC run with lites or as a support race, etc and keep the long format on Sat.
My wife and I will not attending after about 10 straight years, because of that schedule.
We liked the race on Saturday, and then enjoy the Monterrey/Carmel area Sunday before driving home late afternoon.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3370160)   #2682
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/st...dp-at-sebring/
Starworks confirmed to run the new HPD DP engine (in the Riley), starting at Sebring
Old 19 Feb 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3370183)   #2683
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
My wife and I will not attending after about 10 straight years, because of that schedule.
We liked the race on Saturday, and then enjoy the Monterrey/Carmel area Sunday before driving home late afternoon.
sucks to hear that man but I don't blame you,I guess we won't be seeing our friends from the north up in the corkscrew camping either.its a shame.a few years ago I started going Thursday through Saturday as I liked walking through the paddock while setting up and then free practice Thursday was always fun.but now I'm just going Saturday and Sunday,I'm debating if I should still go Friday to walk the paddock and the track without feeling rushed.this sucks.

And I can guarantee both races will have around the same number of cautions give or take 1-2.Dps still like to hit each other or other cars, and gtlm's do cause cautions.i can recall a bright red one causing two last year.im only looking forward to around an hour of green flag racing each race,not keeping my hopes up.hell there MIGHT(maybe) be more green flag racing at long beach.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3370194)   #2684
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
sucks to hear that man but I don't blame you,I guess we won't be seeing our friends from the north up in the corkscrew camping either.its a shame.a few years ago I started going Thursday through Saturday as I liked walking through the paddock while setting up and then free practice Thursday was always fun.but now I'm just going Saturday and Sunday,I'm debating if I should still go Friday to walk the paddock and the track without feeling rushed.this sucks.

And I can guarantee both races will have around the same number of cautions give or take 1-2.Dps still like to hit each other or other cars, and gtlm's do cause cautions.i can recall a bright red one causing two last year.im only looking forward to around an hour of green flag racing each race,not keeping my hopes up.hell there MIGHT(maybe) be more green flag racing at long beach.
The Seattle boys are coming...
Old 20 Feb 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3370244)   #2685
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/16...first-pc-test/
16 years old and already had a PC test! So jealous
Old 20 Feb 2014, 03:25 (Ref:3370254)   #2686
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/16...first-pc-test/
16 years old and already had a PC test! So jealous

The man has connections obviously. Who is his father?
Old 20 Feb 2014, 03:34 (Ref:3370258)   #2687
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I'm going to wing it and say Chris McMurry's son (Autocon Racing).
Old 20 Feb 2014, 05:04 (Ref:3370266)   #2688
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat vs. Sun Racing at Laguna Seca

Although i would prefer most of the racing on Saturday, it seems the Sunday racing, especially late in the day has had an effect on a few folks and their decision on whether to attend or not. Again, I would rather have racing finish on Sunday am or Sat night, I can' t really complain too much. In the AMLS days of the last ten years, we would roll down on Thursday am, and leave on Sat night or Sun am. Two days off. I just don't see how switching the racing to Sunday is really that big of a deal. Come down on Friday instead of thursday and leave on Monday. Or come on Sat (which is similar to the old Fridays) and leave on Monday. Still one day off of work. Maybe I just don't understand, but if you have t miss weekdays, why does it matter if it is Friday or Monday?
Old 20 Feb 2014, 06:23 (Ref:3370279)   #2689
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
I'm going to wing it and say Chris McMurry's son (Autocon Racing).

Yep, Chris's son.

L.P.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3370437)   #2690
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it appears Tim Keene has parted ways with Ganassi:
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ga...ement-shakeup/

He had some very critical things to say after Daytona... I wonder if this played a part.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3370439)   #2691
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
So it appears Tim Keene has parted ways with Ganassi:
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ga...ement-shakeup/

He had some very critical things to say after Daytona... I wonder if this played a part.
I missed that, who was he critical of, the team, series, car??
Old 20 Feb 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3370441)   #2692
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I missed that, who was he critical of, the team, series, car??
Yes. It was in Kirby's blog, so take it for what it's worth: http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no418.html

A lot of people read that blog though...
Old 20 Feb 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3370471)   #2693
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes. It was in Kirby's blog, so take it for what it's worth: http://www.gordonkirby.com/categorie..._is_no418.html

A lot of people read that blog though...
But Rob Hill still has his job, right? Maybe this time it has more to do with both Ganassi cars sucking at Daytona?

Old 20 Feb 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3370483)   #2694
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Marshall Pruett article here on Ganassi and the new Ford engine. Of note:

Quote:
Provided the funding can be secured, Ganassi could continue running a two-car Riley-Ford effort at Sebring. A second car is entered, although no drivers have been nominated, but Hull says we might see some of the key players from the Rolex 24 in the No. 02 if plans go forward.

"We've entered the car, we're working on sponsorship, but it's not done yet," said Hull. "We're running Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas at this test, and then on Friday afternoon, Scott Dixon will come in and join them. If the deal comes through, Dixon would then be the lead driver on the 02.
The article also talks about why Tim Keene was fired.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3370491)   #2695
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Although i would prefer most of the racing on Saturday, it seems the Sunday racing, especially late in the day has had an effect on a few folks and their decision on whether to attend or not. Again, I would rather have racing finish on Sunday am or Sat night, I can' t really complain too much. In the AMLS days of the last ten years, we would roll down on Thursday am, and leave on Sat night or Sun am. Two days off. I just don't see how switching the racing to Sunday is really that big of a deal. Come down on Friday instead of thursday and leave on Monday. Or come on Sat (which is similar to the old Fridays) and leave on Monday. Still one day off of work. Maybe I just don't understand, but if you have t miss weekdays, why does it matter if it is Friday or Monday?
Agree. What we did the last three years. With that said I'll be able to do this year without taking any days off work. Roll in Friday night, pack up after the race and blaze. Which is good because most of my PTO is going for a trip to France during a certain time of year.

The race on Sunday is probably better for those that roll up for the day. Which is probably the majority of the people.

The camping is still 'full' at Laguna. I was unable to upgrade my sites. The real question is...will it be full in 2015.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3370698)   #2696
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Muscle Milk gets Nismo Athlete Mardenborough to complete their Sebring lineup
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ma...p-for-sebring/
Old 21 Feb 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3370735)   #2697
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
But Rob Hill still has his job, right? Maybe this time it has more to do with both Ganassi cars sucking at Daytona?
Well no one knows, but I would argue that Keene's situation is drastically different than Hill's.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3370779)   #2698
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Well no one knows, but I would argue that Keene's situation is drastically different than Hill's.
True... my post was to the www implications that Keene lost his job because of "NASCAR-like politics" against *****ing about the sactioning body. From Marshall Pruett's article, doesn't really sound like it.

Old 21 Feb 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3370822)   #2699
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
True... my post was to the www implications that Keene lost his job because of "NASCAR-like politics" against *****ing about the sactioning body. From Marshall Pruett's article, doesn't really sound like it.
Just to clarify, you implied that, not me... After reading Marshall's article, it sounds like making his unhappiness known to the public is exactly why he lost his job.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3370828)   #2700
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Just to clarify, you implied that, not me... After reading Marshall's article, it sounds like making his unhappiness known to the public is exactly why he lost his job.
Never implied that you did, see the "www"? There were posts at other sites that did.