Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2963194)   #401
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
You're missing out on a great battle then...
Read latest post, just joking. I certainly didnt ignore the Audi v Peugeot battle at Le Mans, Silverstone, and Sebring this year and wont at Petit. Great battle, just think the petrol may be a little more exciting.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2963196)   #402
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By the way that must've been the smallest gap between #4 and #3 all season, maybe Magnussen got traffic or was just taking it slowly... as I've said in the long run it doesn't really matter where they ended up tonight, but getting outqualified by ESM entry is always a bit worrying
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2963199)   #403
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What? Audi and Peugeot are in sportscar racing? Since when have they made sportscars? Diesel supermarket or rep. mobiles maybe.

It looks close at the front...
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2963205)   #404
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Top 4 LMP1s covered by less than .6 of a second.

Looks to be like Silverstone--Audi and Peugeot equally matched, and it'll likely come down to who makes the least mistakes vs who is the absolute fastest, and even who is fastest is only relative it seems.

Especially when you have many safety-cars out during race making lose your advantage all the time
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2963206)   #405
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
By the way that must've been the smallest gap between #4 and #3 all season, maybe Magnussen got traffic or was just taking it slowly... as I've said in the long run it doesn't really matter where they ended up tonight, but getting outqualified by ESM entry is always a bit worrying
The #3 car has been more competitive than usual (at least relative to the #4) throughout the week. At least that is what I seem to recall. It's hard to keep track of 50+ cars over multiple sessions. Anyway, I'm sure Corvette will be strong tomorrow, but they will definitely have some competition. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who wins the tire championship. If AF Corse (or Luxury, etc.) wins and BMW finishes 2nd (or Jaguar, ha), would Dunlop still get first place points?

As for ESM, they tend to qualify and practice better than they race. I would not worry too much about that. It would be nice if they put Johannes and Guy Cosmo in one car and Sharp/Brown in the other, but oh well.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2963207)   #406
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Well, at least two of us will be pretending Audi and Peugeot dont exsist.
Ignore this useless and poorly written wannabe sarcastic post which I cant edit.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2963213)   #407
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FordCosworthPanoz, you should pay more attention to LMP1, it's quite good.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2963215)   #408
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The #3 car has been more competitive than usual (at least relative to the #4) throughout the week. At least that is what I seem to recall. It's hard to keep track of 50+ cars over multiple sessions. Anyway, I'm sure Corvette will be strong tomorrow, but they will definitely have some competition.
#3 will benefit massively of Garcia... somehow I feel he's actually the safest pair of hands on that car at the moment, even if he might lack the ultimate pace. I guess a top 5 finish would be good enough for them.

As usual #4 will be in the mix for win (whatever happens) but this year they've had some issues when the track starts to get cooler. Let's hope for the best.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2963219)   #409
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
FordCosworthPanoz, you should pay more attention to LMP1, it's quite good.
No, GTC Porsche spec racing is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 30 Sep 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2963241)   #410
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Fair point, well made
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2963242)   #411
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What? Audi and Peugeot are in sportscar racing? Since when have they made sportscars? Diesel supermarket or rep. mobiles maybe.

It looks close at the front...
You're joking right?
Audi make the TT, and Peugoet make the RCZ!...Or arn't GT cars 'sports cars' ?
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2963252)   #412
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I was joking, just to have a laugh with FCP. I have no problem with them in sportscar racing.

However, those two cars aren't sportscars! They are girly fashion cars. TT non-4wd TT apart from in the wet RCZ
If you're looking for a fun sportscar, save the cash and maximise the enjoyment with a MX5.
If you need more seats or if, for some reason, you have to have an Audi then buy the equivalent A4.
If you want to buy a Peugeot, seek help.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2963254)   #413
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
I was joking, just to have a laugh with FCP. I have no problem with them in sportscar racing.

However, those two cars aren't sportscars! They are girly fashion cars. TT non-4wd TT apart from in the wet RCZ
If you're looking for a fun sportscar, save the cash and maximise the enjoyment with a MX5.
If you need more seats or if, for some reason, you have to have an Audi then buy the equivalent A4.
My Land Rover Defender eats all those cars for breakfast.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 07:26 (Ref:2963339)   #414
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

you should/could have added here
If you want to buy a diesel, you are lost anyway....(I have been driving PSA diesels since 1985)
Old 1 Oct 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2963340)   #415
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
hey up guys, how long is it usually 'til they put the qualifying footage online internationally? Wouldn't mind catching the GT/P1 qualy before the race starts.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2963351)   #416
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About the race itself, 57 cars on a 4 km track ! Don't you think it will be a kind of lottery during the first hours ?
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2963356)   #417
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
About the race itself, 57 cars on a 4 km track ! Don't you think it will be a kind of lottery during the first hours ?
I think so. I would be amazed if all four works diesels make it through without incident. Will be survival of the fittest.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2963357)   #418
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think so. I would be amazed if all four works diesels make it through without incident. Will be survival of the fittest.
we will know soon enough, within 6 laps (8 minutes) the first backmarker will be consumed. Having the Oreca 908 around comes as a handy back-up for Peugeot.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2963367)   #419
jo1998sh
Rookie

United Kingdom
jo1998sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its time for the estimate of amount of full course cautions throughout the entire race

I say 8
Old 1 Oct 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2963369)   #420
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo1998sh View Post
I think its time for the estimate of amount of full course cautions throughout the entire race

I say 8
that also depends on the number of necessary commercial breaks...
Old 1 Oct 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2963373)   #421
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anybody in a position to be able to record and upload the ESPN footage? Going away for the weekend so won't be able to see the race but would prefer a better quality picture than the online one!
Old 1 Oct 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2963386)   #422
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

Good news for us Eurosport Player subscribers, it would appear that there's an additional streaming slot for the entire race again. So if the alms.com feed crashes, there's your alternative. Just put RLM audio on the background and you're good to go.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2963388)   #423
Deleted
Veteran

Mr. Gavin's take on current GT2 performance levels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Gavin
“I think we’ve got the maximum from our car and there’s nothing more to come. Jan gave it all he could but it shows that, at the end of a long season, we’re now up against it a bit with the rules and regulations and there needs to be a rebalance on who is where in terms of width of cars and restrictors and other bits and pieces. I think it will be addressed over the winter and everyone will be able to run the maximum width like the Ferrari has all year and who knows what they’ll do with the BMW?

This was the fastest we’ve ever been here, and we’re eighth which is pretty disappointing. I think that everyone at Corvette Racing has worked their socks off to get us there, and we’ve had all the testing we could possibly have. We’ve tried to allocate the time as smartly as we could with the right package including the right choice of tire, but we’re ultimately not fast enough.

I believe the ACO has got to look at that and decide what’s got to be re-balanced as, right now, we feel that we’re driving round with one arm tied behind our backs."
Old 1 Oct 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2963394)   #424
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should just sneak in some larger restrictors during their first pit stop and put the smaller ones back in during the last pit stop
Old 1 Oct 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2963396)   #425
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Mr. Gavin's take on current GT2 performance levels...
Can we expect similar comments from the Lotus people? Maybe the car is simply not good enough, or is that just unthinkable