Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1320514)   #76
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Michael made that courageous move at monaco to pass RB could it have been a contract issue? What I mean could RB have a contract that states that if he is in front of his team mate in the points table at a certain stage in the championship then he becomes the number one.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1320537)   #77
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Doubt that very much, after all, Rubens was ahead of Michael in the WDC after Australia.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1320543)   #78
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Doubt that very much, after all, Rubens was ahead of Michael in the WDC after Australia.

That's what I mean. If RB was in front of Michael in the points table at a certain stage of the season then he would be the number one driver in the team. When Michael made that move at monaco not only did he pass RB on the track but he also past him on the points table. Rb then cracked and spoke out about his team mate something which he has never done
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1320551)   #79
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If that was the case, as Rubens was still 7 points ahead of Michael at Bahrain, how come Ferrari left Rubens on the sidelines upto Qualifying 1? (He qualified 20th iirc).

Surely, if you assumption is correct regarding his contract, and as he was leading Michael in the WDC, Ferrari would have allocated their working gearbox to him?

Just a thought.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1320567)   #80
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Who was the last driver to have his first ever Grand Prix in a Ferrari?
In the official records, the last driver who had his first ever GP in a Ferrari was Arturo Merzario in the 1972 British GP, but the last ever time when a driver made his Formula One race debut in a Ferrari was when Giancarlo Martini raced the 312/T2 loaned to Giancarlo Minardi's Everest structure for two non-championship races of 1976, the Race of Champions at Brands and the International Trophy at Silverstone.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1322859)   #81
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think that both Rubens and Michael have a contract, just like every other driver in Formula One, that states they have to obey team orders.

There is nothing more required.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1323016)   #82
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Cooperation is always key...
Old 8 Jun 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1323026)   #83
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
If that was the case, as Rubens was still 7 points ahead of Michael at Bahrain, how come Ferrari left Rubens on the sidelines upto Qualifying 1? (He qualified 20th iirc).

Surely, if you assumption is correct regarding his contract, and as he was leading Michael in the WDC, Ferrari would have allocated their working gearbox to him?

Just a thought.
With respect, I think you're missing the point slightly. The contention (with which I don't necessarily agree) is that the contract may say that if Rubens is ahead in the points by a certain point in the season, he becomes the 'number one' driver, and that that point was rapidly approaching after Monaco.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1323033)   #84
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yep!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I think that both Rubens and Michael have a contract, just like every other driver in Formula One, that states they have to obey team orders.

And the team orders are very clear and concise: "Rubens, move over!!"
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1323036)   #85
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
With respect, I think you're missing the point slightly. The contention (with which I don't necessarily agree) is that the contract may say that if Rubens is ahead in the points by a certain point in the season, he becomes the 'number one' driver, and that that point was rapidly approaching after Monaco.
I suspect it is you who misses the point! There is no need for the contracts to speak of number one drivers whatsoever - merely a conventional clause about both drivers working for the team, not themselves. If the team (the employer!) come on the radio AT ANY TIME and ask the driver to do something, the contract requires the driver to do it. Why would it need to be any more complicated than that?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1323066)   #86
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I suspect most contracts are rather more complex than that!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1323071)   #87
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I strongly doubt that any driver's contract has clauses which describe the number of points you need to be ahead before you are the "number one" driver. I doubt that the notion of "number one" driver gets into the wording at all.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1323079)   #88
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
I think in most teams it's subtle use of favouring one driver with certain things, psychological games and that sort of thing. Having said that we do hear all the time about Schumacher's contracts having certain clauses in them.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1323092)   #89
Glen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
Having said that we do hear all the time about Schumacher's contracts having certain clauses in them.
Hear about from whom? Absolutely nobody that knows. Only from people that assume. They know Jack.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1323122)   #90
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Hear about from whom? Absolutely nobody that knows. Only from people that assume. They know Jack.
Well, I know Rubens moves over!!
Let's not get too heated about this point, because the contracts may or may not specify what Rubens has to do, but the end result is the same. However, Rubens was well paid for his subservience to his excellency. N'est-ce pas??
Old 8 Jun 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1323171)   #91
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
What if the tables where turned and you had the closing stages of a GP do you think RB would have the permission to have a go at passing Michael. Would he have to ask for permission or would he just go for it?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1323174)   #92
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Well does Jack know?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 13:41 (Ref:1323198)   #93
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Red Bull would not replace Coulthard with Barrichello.
Maybe Ferrari will ?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1323292)   #94
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Coulthard was offered a testing role at Ferrari, incidentally - he turned it down to drive for RBR.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1323318)   #95
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pole2pole
What if the tables where turned and you had the closing stages of a GP do you think RB would have the permission to have a go at passing Michael. Would he have to ask for permission or would he just go for it?
Depends how long his new and improved i'm racing for myself attitude continues.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1323574)   #96
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to see Rubens at BAR - I think that could work well.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1323655)   #97
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like what Glen said, we hear about "certain clauses in Schumacher's contract" by people who don't like MS/Ferrari and make assumptions. Repeat it 1000 times, or 3 times a day if you like, and what you have is people start taking it as "fact".

Truth is, nobody saw THAT contract before.... and nobody believes when Ferrari said before that the clause that binds drivers is probably the same as what other teams employ.. that drivers are contracted to listen to what the team manager says.

Rubens is a top notch driver, whom i think would be an asset to any team. I have no doubts that he is and would be better than DC, whom is a good driver in his own rights.

People tend to over exaggerate the relationship within Ferrari and between RB & MS. There's nothing more to it, and i think RB & MS share one of the most effective, if not closer, relationship among any teammates on the grid now.

But still, i'm curious to know how those who dislike Ferrari, and don't bother following what goes on with Ferrari, get to know so much about the contract...while the fans are not entitled to such previlges.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1323659)   #98
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Red Bull would not replace Coulthard with Barrichello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorstone
Maybe Ferrari will ?
Ferrari will be looking forwards, not backwards
Old 9 Jun 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1323759)   #99
Glen
Veteran

He didn't move over in Monaco - merely declined to take Schumacher out. I think the situation IS different now - now that there isn't a clear lead in the points race, and especially after that Monaco last lap shennanigans - gloves are off, and (just to repeat myself yett again!) I do not believe the "contracts" make a bit of difference. If Ferrari decide they don't like the driver's attitiude, they'll get rid of him whatever.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1324185)   #100
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
He didn't move over in Monaco - merely declined to take Schumacher out. I think the situation IS different now - now that there isn't a clear lead in the points race, and especially after that Monaco last lap shennanigans - gloves are off, and (just to repeat myself yett again!) I do not believe the "contracts" make a bit of difference. If Ferrari decide they don't like the driver's attitiude, they'll get rid of him whatever.
Like they sacked prost prior to the 91 oz gp! apparently he made comments about ferraris management. he was out quick time!