Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1311555)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barrichello's future

Gazetta (so take it with a pinch of salt) says Rubens Barrichello will leave Ferrari at the end of this year, despite being contracted until the end of 2006
Old 27 May 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1311600)   #2
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess so; maybe thats the reason for his continuous outburst(s). Even today, he has spoken sternly about the incident, and seems to be holding a grudge against MS.

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/story_19692.shtml
Old 27 May 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1311601)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they want to bring the eventual replacement for MS in 2006 so when/if Schu retires at the end of 06 they replacement will be fully settled in the team....

But then the Gazetta are reporting so.......
Old 27 May 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1311607)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens turns 33 this year if i remember correctly..

He has been in Formula one for over a decade..

Maybe he wants to move to a team where he will be number 1 before his time runs out ? (2 years max).
Old 27 May 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1311610)   #5
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
But, which team would want to take him, maybe Red Bull? He has never been considered as a threat or a champion, and never regarded in the league of Kimi, Alonso, Montoya (inspite of being an equally good driver???, atleast I trhink he is not that bad)
Old 27 May 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1311618)   #6
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1_carzy
But, which team would want to take him, maybe Red Bull? He has never been considered as a threat or a champion, and never regarded in the league of Kimi, Alonso, Montoya (inspite of being an equally good driver???, atleast I trhink he is not that bad)
Barrichello has 9 wins, 58 podiums.
Where would you find that amount of experience?
Old 27 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1311623)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull would not replace Coulthard with Barrichello.

And there wouldn't really be too many options for Rubens unless he was prepared to gamble on driving for Midland.
Old 27 May 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1311627)   #8
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don K
Barrichello has 9 wins, 58 podiums.
Where would you find that amount of experience?
Yes, thats true; but so did DC, and he had a difficult time to get a seat; and I am sure he is going to find it difficult to get one for 2006. There is no doubting Rubinho's capabilities, but which team would be ready to take him in, if he is let go by Ferrari?
Old 27 May 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1311634)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good for him - I thought Schumacher was totally out of order, because he knows that Rubens isn't going to defend super aggressively to him. It is pretty obvious that Ferrari cannot win the Championship now - so let them go at like proper racing drivers.

Rubens would be a good catch for any team - he could slide nicely into BAR if he's lucky, or Sauber would be another good option.
Old 27 May 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1311636)   #10
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams wanted him last year didn't they? but he wouldn't leave Ferrari. Maybe he should have moved then as the door is pretty well shut now I imagine.

Maybe BAR or Sauber if Massa ends up in a Red suit, as we all expect to eventually happen!
Old 27 May 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1311640)   #11
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
Oh yes, BAR. I completely forgot about them!

I remember there was some talk about Rubens moving to BAR, when he had a chat with Dave Richards last year! That could be possible; with the possibilty of Jenson leaving BAR. I guess, Honda may be keen on securing Rubinho; then what happens to Ant and Sato (will BAR let go of Sato??...a bit difficult, I guess).
Old 27 May 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1311654)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Rubens, talking about Michael on the BBC Sport site:

Quote:

In future I will consider him not as a team-mate but a driver like any other.
Seems the relationship is breaking down
Old 27 May 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1311655)   #13
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Red Bull would not replace Coulthard with Barrichello.
I don't see why not.
Old 27 May 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1311664)   #14
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some may find this a bit harsh but I believe RB made his own bed by towing the Ferrari line for so long. It is unlikely that he will ever be thought of any differently than that of Michael's lackey. It will take a monumental effort by Rubens to shake that tag. Having said that, he still has a few years left and I would like to see him part with Ferrari and show his stuff somewhere with no (team) restrictions. Where he will end up is anyone's guess but I think he will land on his feet if he leaves Ferrari. A driver of his experience is difficult to find.
From Ferrari's viewpoint, with MS in his twilight, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to keep RB where he could end his career out of Michael's shadow.
Old 27 May 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1311665)   #15
Glen
Veteran

Thanks goodness you didn't say what I thought you were going to say Kirk (I saw your name and anticipated that you might be suggesting a replacement for RB).
Old 27 May 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1311667)   #16
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good idea Glen, wish I'd thought of it. Never say never, the Villeneuve name will always be a part of Ferrari ... and I'm a traditionalist.
Old 27 May 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1311673)   #17
Glen
Veteran

I knew you wouldn't let me down!
Old 27 May 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1311719)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i could see him going the way of panis, and becoming a ferrari test driver. and considering how this season is going for him, i wonder if he will after so many years in MS shadow be able to emerge as a number 1 driver.
Old 27 May 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1311723)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've jsut done the 'type a long answer then accidentally close the wrong window because I'm in a hurry to watch Neighbours' thing, so I'll be brief. Rubens no longer seems capabel fo coming close to Michael, and someone like Kimi or Jenson could surely get clsoer in teh short term, and guys like Massa or Liuzzi have the potential to learn from Mciahel and become long-term championship conteders, it seems like the right time to replace him. Williams now have 3 drivers vying for 2 spots so I doubt tehy'd be interested in him, BAR would probably promote Ant to join Sato instead, but maybe a straight swap with Kimi is an outside chance? Otherwise he could go to Sauber-BMW or maybe Midland if they choose in invest heavily.
Old 27 May 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1311749)   #20
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull-Ferrari next year anyone? If Rubens is contracted until 2006...

Have to say I have found it strange that Rubens is becoming gradually more outspoken about what is going on around Ferrari - and he certainly hasn't had a good time of it so far this season. Perhaps it's in Ferrari's interests to start grooming someone for Schumacher's eventual stepping down.
Old 27 May 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1311751)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens comment of how he now views Michael, as a driver like any other, is simply astonishing really. It's funny when a team slides a little backwards that everyone seems to fall out...
Old 27 May 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1311761)   #22
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly, i'd state, and say it again... Rubens is under-rated for quite a long time in F1. He may not be outstandingly eye-catching like Kimi, Alonso.. and may not be in Michael-class. BUT as a complete driver, he is right up there. It's not by luck that many in the paddock rate him as a top 5 driver. He's quick, good at set up, smooth, good in the wets, and quite a racer who can overtake. If people think that nobody wants Rubens due to ability, they don't know how wrong they are.

As for the rumours. I'd be a bit surprised if it does happen. Rubens stayed in Ferrari all this while because he knows he had a great car under him, and moving anywhere else meant a poorer car. Right now, the situation may change... but i can't see any top team seats available at the moment. A bit of team bickering is quite normal, and i think it will smooth out over another couple of races. Rubens is a sensible chap...and i think that he's only upset that probably he thought Michael would hold station.
Old 27 May 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1311764)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
but maybe a straight swap with Kimi is an outside chance?

Ron Dennis would have to go absolutely stark raving mad to allow that to happen.

And despite the views of some on the forum, that's not going to happen!
Old 27 May 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1311765)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm...who's to say no except Kimi?

It depends on who has a better car, better pay, better resources.

And if ALL things equal. The Ferrari name will break the tie.
Old 27 May 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1311768)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

I don't see Kimi ever moving from McLaren.

But time will tell.

One thing's for certain - if he does leave, Rubens won't be replacing him.