Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Apr 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3056375)   #151
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Silly little boy, thats the kind of thing I would do online playing dirt! Not for real in a quarter of a mills worth of motor! Oh dear.

At least Gibbo did it properly!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3056417)   #152
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma View Post
that footage pretty much speaks for itself, and with other references to Fia on this thread then can I ask what they would make of it - a driver committing that act and not suffering any consequences from stewards etc?
You might want to talk to some irish drivers about standards when attending events in the UK.

The state of every car he races at the end of a round is unreal, at this stage he shouldn't even have a licence with the amount of endorsements he should have.

But who wants to be the guy who bans the uk's new golden boy and risk the monster sponsorship ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 10 Apr 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3056430)   #153
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I rather enjoyed the Rallycross live on Motors.

Some of the driving was awful though.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3056549)   #154
rx4eva
Rookie

rx4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe he got away with that I just seen the footage for the first time, that type of thing makes me think daddy is still picking up the bills and sponsors don't really matter, I think monster is being used as a tool to make him famous rather than successful which seems to matter more these days, hope my kids don't look at him as a role model if he continues on his current form. Yet hours later he performed very well in the finals in my opinion, I would love to see a young Uk talent like lysen or bakkerud work there way to the top and use talent as there way to the limelight, anyway fair play for getting the car out and driving well in the finals but I think I'll stick with my Scott trawlers hat rather than monster for now
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3056592)   #155
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pleased it was caught on camera, I had just turned my camera off not thinking there would be anything to film after the chequred flag! I would like to think retrospective action can be taken but I doubt it.

Agree totally with RX4eva ,Lysen and Bakkerud both set a great example both in and out of the car. It was a real shame Andrew Jordan didnt stick with rallycross because I would put him into the same catagory as them and would have promoted the sport and any sponsor in the right way.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3056597)   #156
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems Kenny was very wise to get rid really.

I think the sooner Liam heads off to the US to compete in CORR and stuff like that the better, I think he would make a good Monster Truck driver.

If I was a representative of Monster I would be none too pleased when you consider the other people theya re invovled with such as Ryan Villapoto, Cal Crutchlow, Jeremy Mcgrath, Ricky Carmichael, Scumacher, Rosberg. Doran hardly sits well in that company, despite being quick
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3056609)   #157
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, so we've established there are no excuses for what Liam did after the flag, but have a thought for what might have got the 'little monsters' cage rattled in the first place.

Is it fair to say the first wreck was caused by Lindefjell squeezing the pack at the start by insisting to move across to take the normal route and then ironically as the accident is beginning jinks left to take the joker instead.
Having not learn't from the first start he then does it again taking Liam off.

The drivers have the right to take which ever lane they choose at the start but common sense would tell me if I was on the outside at the start then the joker would be the best option with less traffic and certainly less chance of contact with five cars going onto the loose together.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3056630)   #158
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Ok, so we've established there are no excuses for what Liam did after the flag, but have a thought for what might have got the 'little monsters' cage rattled in the first place.
So because Lindefjell had done something wrong Liam was entitled to dish out some justice?

If it had happened during the race there is always going to be a possibility it was a racing incident (even if its obvious he was out for payback), but the fact it happened after the flag was waved I don't see how it can be viewed as anything other than intentional (unless, as I said earlier, something occured in the car we don't know about).

Looking at your side of the argument though, yeah, I guess you could argue that Lindefjell did make an aggressive cut across the lines of cars in both cases (he did have a better start though and was very nearly a car length ahead of Liam). Seeing he was coming across and he had almost a car length on him, Liam could have braked, but he held his line ("fear nothing..."and all that) and got spun out as a consequence.

It can't have bothered him that much though, as I see he piled into the first corner in exactly the same fashion in the "A" final....

...looks like everyone is braking except him? No need to brake when the car in front will do it for you.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3056638)   #159
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's always been badly behaved rallycross drivers whats all part of the fun as a spectator. Lost count of the amount of times Martin Schanche was involved in someting unsavoury but he will always be a living legend in my eyes.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3056644)   #160
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
There's always been badly behaved rallycross drivers whats all part of the fun as a spectator. Lost count of the amount of times Martin Schanche was involved in someting unsavoury but he will always be a living legend in my eyes.
This is a very good point. Some of the stuff Schanche did was pretty damn dirty and yet there are many rallycross fans out there who think he was one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3056662)   #161
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking at the replay with liam and linderfjell ,linderfjell did squeeze a bit off the line first time round but i think it started as them 2 went into joker lap with a nice punt from liam ,they all squeeze off the line in any race and it was very very wet so i would take that as a racing incident ,
but liam needs a good talking to ,he will do someone some damage soon and maybe hurt someone ,monster are mad to have him on board there are so many other drivers out there that deserve a backing like that and would give positive feedback not banger racing antics,i have seen this to many times down there now dirty tac ticks from so called lovers of rallycross who run lydden .
and to compare against likes of schanche not a chance ,schanche did have a few knocks we know ,but not the same to me ,liam drives like the car is cheap to replace and other cars will move for him ,if only he had to pay for one thing it may make him think ,even big boys with big money dont drive like cocks they no how hard it is was to earn there money in life ,
he should have got a ban for 2 races and points removed for that .
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3056676)   #162
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs 200 View Post
to compare against likes of schanche not a chance ,schanche did have a few knocks we know ,but not the same to me ,liam drives like the car is cheap to replace and other cars will move for him ,if only he had to pay for one thing it may make him think ,even big boys with big money dont drive like cocks they no how hard it is was to earn there money in life ,
he should have got a ban for 2 races and points removed for that .
Not comparing him to Schanche no way, just pointing out there has been quite a few aggressive drivers over the years, mainly from Scandanavia.

Like I mentioned on an earlier post I possibly had one of the best views of what happened, 100% deliberate, infact he speeded up after the flag.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3056684)   #163
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few pics as promissed from yesterday, i was the one in the light blue wrc sweeden hat with hair sprouting from it

Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3056691)   #164
Wendy Wool
Rookie

Wendy Wool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Retaliation in motor sport is not allowed and therefore tough action should be taken.

Loss of all points from this meeting, an immediate ban for at least 2 events plus points on licence for 12 months would be appropriate.

Its tough but correct for any driver committing this type of offence, the fact it is Liam is irrelevant.

Somehow you would think that as host track, with a disastrous Sunday lack of heats putting on a good show would be a bright thing to do to make amends with the FIA who name has been flown on the flags.

Rule one don't make the FIA look stupid!

Maybe Liam does not value the ERC returning to Lydden?

That would be a shame but its a privilege not a right to hold the event.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3056718)   #165
Lyddan1
Rookie

England
Lyddan1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great meeting, the weather made for some brilliant action.

Loved interviewing all the drivers for both the circuit and live Motors TV commentry updates. All the drivers are friendly, great chat with Tanner and others.

Here are some of my brother's pics from the weekend:

More can be found at: http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3056722)   #166
dex92
Racer

dex92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Steve Hill shot is immense, looks more like sparks than flames.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3056768)   #167
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
ONly just seen footage of A Final seems Liam had a pop at Stecka too, but the Swede did the right thing by stock carring him into Paddock.

How on earth a guy can celebrate after such a disgraceful performance I dont know, I would have been booing!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3056769)   #168
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Schanche/Villeneuve comparison was a little premature it was before I saw the "afters" incident. We do however for those of us old enough to remember not to look in Rose tinted glasses about Schanche he could be out of order and downright dirty. Liam hasn't run on the track yet to stop a race!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3056789)   #169
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
My Schanche/Villeneuve comparison was a little premature it was before I saw the "afters" incident. We do however for those of us old enough to remember not to look in Rose tinted glasses about Schanche he could be out of order and downright dirty. Liam hasn't run on the track yet to stop a race!
He don't need to he uses red flags
we all know schanche did a few dodgy moves over the years but did he do things in his first few years ? i only saw him in the xtrac onwards .and would he if he had a sponsor like monster back then
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3056805)   #170
sashchris
Rookie

England
newton aycliffe
sashchris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foust = class
Doran = NO class
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3056815)   #171
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be honest Martin usually did things when he felt like he might have been wronged.

He was at the tope for so long, I can only think of a few awful moments. Obviously Finland 92 stands out, but he was taken out there. Sweden 88 when he rammed Alamaki was awful.

Some of his drives in Norway were on the edge and invovled contact, but very little deliberate ramming.

He was hard but would only I think get daft if someone did it to him, some of this Doran stuff is similar, but let's be honest what has the guy done apart from win a couple of ERC rounds. That is an achievement yes, but does it warrant this kind of you cant touch me ever attitude?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3056831)   #172
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not defending Liam because in-between moments of brilliance he does indeed drive far too aggressively but to give him the benefit of the doubt deliberately ramming someone after the chequered flag is rather low even for some of his questionable driving standards.

Considering this was an FIA event and they do not stand for the "bringing the sport into disrepute" type of thing I suspect it was investigated at the time, or alternatively if Lindefjell felt it was a deliberate accident he could have easily lodged a complaint to force the issue.

As it is, nothing else was heard of it so I can only guess that there is more to this than just what we can see from the video. Even if stupidity in not paying attention of Lindefjell whereabouts was a factor I would like to hope this was not an act of malice.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3056843)   #173
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
How on earth a guy can celebrate after such a disgraceful performance I dont know, I would have been booing!
Don't worry. Many were making sounds of disaprovel around the paddock bend area.
I suspect there's not as much love as he thinks there is...
Old 10 Apr 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3056855)   #174
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be honest Martin usually did things when he felt like he might have been wronged.

He was at the tope for so long, I can only think of a few awful moments. Obviously Finland 92 stands out, but he was taken out there. Sweden 88 when he rammed Alamaki was awful.

Some of his drives in Norway were on the edge and invovled contact, but very little deliberate ramming.

He was hard but would only I think get daft if someone did it to him, some of this Doran stuff is similar, but let's be honest what has the guy done apart from win a couple of ERC rounds. That is an achievement yes, but does it warrant this kind of you cant touch me ever attitude?
Brands Hatch 93ish when he rammed Eklund flat out into Druids springs to mind too......
Old 10 Apr 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3056866)   #175
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think Martins throttle stuck open mate, so not really the same thing, it was not at all intentional as it wrecked his car aswell!

As for Lindefjell, I would imagine vision may have been an issue and besides he got a pretty good result! But maybe after the event he might decide to do something? Walfridsson hopefully will not forget as Stecka is not at all dirty, and he very much meant to hit Doran into Paddock after the boy sideswiped him down the hill.