Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:46 (Ref:462042)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Race of Champions at Brands

Here is a painting I did recently for Danny Sullivan as a Christmas gift from his wife. It is the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch in April 1983 when Danny in his Tyrrell 011 finished second to reigning World Champion Keke Rosberg in his Williams FW08. Arnoux's Ferrari follows.
The corporate suites can be seen under construction at this time but great memories of F1 at Brands. The superb battle between Keke and Danny made up for a rather poor entry with few top line drivers present. Keke's rear tyres were blistering badly as I have shown.
This is the second painting I have done for Danny. The previous Goodwood one was posted last year
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...livan+Painting

I hope you like them, any comments welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
dannyrc.jpg  
Old 2 Jan 2003, 14:21 (Ref:462077)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there that day and it was a fantastic race. I notice you've caught Keke's rooted tyres perfectly. When I get back to the UK I'll look out the pics I took from the exit of Driuds.

That Tyrrell was a lovely car as well.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 18:13 (Ref:462195)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome painting... I only wish they still did those non-points F1 races!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 18:48 (Ref:462214)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely terrific, Andrew! I had no idea that you were a painter.

How wonderful it must be not only to share your talent, but to produce something of great personal meaning for your client. Congratulations on a wonderful execution and a stunning commission.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 18:56 (Ref:462218)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just visited your website. Don't I feel like the perfect moron...

Lovely work. I am very impressed-its great having you at Ten tenths!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 20:33 (Ref:462273)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks folks! I appreciate your comments.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 12:39 (Ref:463493)   #7
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrew - super painting. Danny came to stay with my wife and I when we lived in Bognor Regis. The last resort - at that time home to Bell, Purley and Watson, don't you know?. Danny was testing FF at Goodwood and I worked there too.
God, he was good looking. A really charming guy. The next time I met him, he was on the front row at Road America in CART and I was 4th, doing Pro sports 2000. It was all to do with his looks, of course ... !!!

Last edited by gfm; 4 Jan 2003 at 12:40.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 19:44 (Ref:463760)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know ive got a soft spot for paintings of Brands Hatch !.......looks awesome Andrew !.