Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 22 Dec 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1488754)   #1
ehasler
Rookie

ehasler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival photos

I was surprised to see no photos from the Goodwood Revival, so here are a few of mine - I'd be interested to see what you think of them - good or bad

http://www.edwardhaslerphotography.c...wr2005_012.jpg

http://www.edwardhaslerphotography.c...wr2005_040.jpg

http://www.edwardhaslerphotography.c...wr2005_083.jpg

http://www.edwardhaslerphotography.c...wr2005_135.jpg

A few more here:

http://www.edwardhaslerphotography.c...odRevival2005/

Sorry they're a bit late - I've been battling with the PC from Hell!

P.S. One bit of advice - if you are backing up your digital files to a 2nd hard drive, or optical media (CD/DVD), make sure you check your backups are valid!

I was lucky - I found out that one of my backup drives was corrupt just 1 day before my PC died so did a full backup to another drive which meant I didn't lose any data... phew!
Old 22 Dec 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1488884)   #2
BuzzedHornet
Rookie

BuzzedHornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great shots. Goodwood has been a dream for many years for me. At least I can live it a bit through great photos like these.

Is picture 021 a Mclaren M6? I would love to see a larger format version of that shot.

Rob
Old 22 Dec 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1488908)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[IMG]HWM[/IMG] Lancia 2.5, Cooper Jap.

I would be happy to post a few Revival pics, if I knew how. I'm trying but it may not work.

gormless
Old 22 Dec 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1488911)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK! That didn't work it seems so if BuzzedHornet lets me have an address I will happily send him a CD of Revival and See Red pics.
No charge of course.
Old 23 Dec 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1489191)   #5
ehasler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
OK! That didn't work it seems.
This thread explains how to upload or link your photos - if you still get stuck, I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64573
Old 23 Dec 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1489192)   #6
ehasler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Is picture 021 a Mclaren M6?
It's a Mclaren of some sort, but I don't have the program to hand so can't tell you exactly what model I'm afraid. I'll try to get a larger version posted a bit later
Old 23 Dec 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1489240)   #7
stuart05
Racer

England
Southampton
stuart05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some excellent photos there!
The McLaren is an M1. I could be wrong, but I think its the same one that Richard Dodkins crashed very heavily exiting St Marys in 2004.
MG Metro #35 - Proud Class A Series Winner CSCC Tin Tops 2006
Old 13 Jan 2006, 23:22 (Ref:1500898)   #8
pistonenvy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chichester, UK
pistonenvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice.

I wouldn't worry about being a bit late, I've only just got mine sorted from 2004.
They are here if you are interested.

http://www.gear-tooth.com/motorsport/gr2004/gr2004.html
Old 14 Jan 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1501040)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Mclaren appears to carry the no.25, in which case it is the M1 B entered by Lionel Dodkins and driven by Nick Whale in the Whitsun Trophy (my programme says!).

Great pics, guys, of one of my favourite annual meetings.

I'd like to post the odd picture of Goodwood racing, but as an amateur, without a licence from the circuit, taking pics for my own pleasure, I don't think I have permission to publish pictures on a public forum, do I? I believe that's true of all circuits isn't it, or is it OK, if I do not make financial gain from it?
Old 14 Jan 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1501136)   #10
pistonenvy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chichester, UK
pistonenvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,

I spoke to a Goodwood staff marshal at Goodwood who said that using photos from the Revival or Festival of Speed for financial gain was ok, but those from private track days were not. Check up on that though before you drop yorself in it !!
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1503327)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, pistonenvy, but I'm not, at this stage, concerned with financial gain, just the ability to occasionally post the images, here, for example. I was under the impression that most circuits have 'ownership' of any photos of the actual motor racing at their particular circuit, unless they have issued the photographer with a licence that enables the latter to publish in public (whether it be for financial gain or not).
Old 22 Jan 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1506373)   #12
Formula 5000
Rookie

Formula 5000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ehasler and pistonenvy Guys those photos are fantastic. Thankyou.
People like us on the othe side of the world can only dream of what Goodwood would be like.

Looks like we sent Black Jack along though.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1506492)   #13
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Thanks, pistonenvy, but I'm not, at this stage, concerned with financial gain, just the ability to occasionally post the images, here, for example. I was under the impression that most circuits have 'ownership' of any photos of the actual motor racing at their particular circuit, unless they have issued the photographer with a licence that enables the latter to publish in public (whether it be for financial gain or not).
That had me worried on first reading,as I have recently posted my photos on this and another forum,but on reflection so have many others.I don't think we have anything to worry about. Circuits are only interested in those making a profit at their expense? Does remind me of the only occasion to my knowledge that one of my photos was published in a printed magazine.Some I took at Snetterton in 1974 appeared in a Top Gear magazine I happened to pick up in doctors waiting room about 20 years later! Should I claim for royalties?!
Old 23 Jan 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1507109)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks, Rob, and to Andrew Kitson for reassuring me. I was rather pleased with this one. I have increased contrast and light by 20%.

Old 23 Jan 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1507296)   #15
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
That had me worried on first reading,as I have recently posted my photos on this and another forum,but on reflection so have many others.I don't think we have anything to worry about. Circuits are only interested in those making a profit at their expense? Does remind me of the only occasion to my knowledge that one of my photos was published in a printed magazine.Some I took at Snetterton in 1974 appeared in a Top Gear magazine I happened to pick up in doctors waiting room about 20 years later! Should I claim for royalties?!
I would. How did they get hold of it in the first place?