Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Oct 2001, 19:11 (Ref:168015)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jean Alesi and Ferrari collaboration?

There is no doubt that Jean Alesi has had a long love affair with Maranello and recent rumors suggest that Ferrari (well its probably FIAT) may be interested in sports car racing in the near future. If they do, engineering expertise from Ferrari may be involved in the resurrection of the Maserati nameplate with the team centered around Jean Alesi. I know I would love to see this popular guy go and beat the best in the world at LeMans. Maserati is interested in re-entering the luxury car market in North America and this could also see the former star racing in the ALMS. I think it would a great boon for the series if Jean Alesi does come to America to race. He is known and popular and has excllent talent.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 22:23 (Ref:168125)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'd love to see Maserati back in Gt racing. The 3200GT looks great, maybe they'll use that? The GTS class would be their best shot I think.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 22:39 (Ref:168139)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree. The car would look sweet setup for GTS or GT.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 22:57 (Ref:168150)   #4
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not taking anything away from Alesi's talents, they are far freater than mine I'm sure. But how much sportscar racing has he done ? I know he was at LM for a few hours in 89, but apart from that I can find very little.

Having said that I do wish them the best of luck, it would be great to see Massa again in sports cars and Alesi driving them a thrill to behold.

SL
Old 2 Nov 2001, 11:55 (Ref:168705)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Not taking anything away from Alesi's talents, they are far freater than mine I'm sure. But how much sportscar racing has he done ? I know he was at LM for a few hours in 89, but apart from that I can find very little.
...and 1 IMSA GTO race in 1989 - the first appearance of the Ferrari F40 LM.
Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:20 (Ref:168734)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whether Alesi were to be involved or not (and yes, I like the idea), it would be wonderful to have a works Ferrari/Maserati presence back at Le Mans.

Old 3 Nov 2001, 20:32 (Ref:169378)   #7
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So assuming that Alesi does drive, what a waste of talent if he does not, how far do you think he will get in a 6hr race ? 12hr race ? Le Mans ? Will the red mist come at the start or has age and the desire to win LM overcome the right foot to the floor attitude.

Please don't get me wrong, I would love to see Alesi win LM with Jesus Pareja and Oscar Larrauri in a Brun entered Massa, Alesi doing the night shift power sliding the esses............Dreams....Revenge for 1990 !!!

Simon
Old 3 Nov 2001, 21:36 (Ref:169402)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it's revenge for 1990 you want, I think Walter Brun ought to take Alesi's place.
Old 3 Nov 2001, 23:08 (Ref:169445)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Talking of Ferrari and Le Mans are they entering a modified 360 next year?