Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Apr 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2443140)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race - Lowe's Motor Speedway, May 16th

http://www.nascar.com/promos/allstar

Which driver gets your vote?

I voted for Ambrose.
Old 17 Apr 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2443375)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Montoya. Nobody else is worth voting in frankly.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2443465)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Truex got my vote.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2443613)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No bias in this thread from us two then Dutton.
Old 18 Apr 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2443691)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Ambrose - 5 times
Old 18 Apr 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2443699)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I voted several times for Ambrose and Montoya. It's not clear to me how many times you can vote. Or is only your first vote counted?
Old 18 Apr 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2444039)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
No bias in this thread from us two then Dutton.
No, no! It wasn't at all based purely on Truex being comfortably my favourite driver in NASCAR. Absolutely not at all related!

I can't believe you would accuse me of bias in my driver voting for such a pure sporting contest as the NASCAR All-star event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I voted several times for Ambrose and Montoya. It's not clear to me how many times you can vote. Or is only your first vote counted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Yeah, I voted about 10 times before getting bored....I'll give it a run of a few more sometime for the sake of it.

I'm just hoping there is some complete and utter headcase in Texas somewhere spending 18 hours a day voting for Truex.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 04:26 (Ref:2447522)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2450374)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keslowski following his win at 'Dega!!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2450466)   #10
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keslowski is already in with that win.
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2450942)   #11
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Logano!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2451108)   #12
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I'd go with that.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2451141)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Lolgano?
Old 28 Apr 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2451195)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
http://www.nascar.com/promos/allstar

Which driver gets your vote?

I voted for Ambrose.
wow kevin harvick looks really tough in his pic.
i got to vote for bill elliott, but i think either e. sadler or ambrose will get the vote if they don't race in.
robby gordon and dexter bean lead my list of not getting in on votes.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2451699)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My vote goes to Derrick Cope of course. Who is that Dexter Bean cat? That's one of the worst racing names I've ever heard.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2451711)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My vote goes to Derrick Cope of course. Who is that Dexter Bean cat? That's one of the worst racing names I've ever heard.

thought for sure you'd vote for geoff bodine...
or is it geoffrey today?
Old 13 May 2009, 16:25 (Ref:2461800)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Sprint today announced the names of the top 10 drivers leading the Sprint Fan Vote, a voting competition driven by fans awarding one NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team a position in the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race on Saturday, May 16. The race will be televised live on SPEED, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

The top 10 drivers in the Sprint Fan Vote as of May 12 (in alphabetical order) are AJ Allmendinger, Bill Elliott, Joey Logano, Jamie McMurray, Juan Pablo Montoya, David Ragan, David Reutimann, Elliott Sadler, Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip.

The top eight in the standings are separated by less than 20,000 votes and the top two are separated by less than 4,000 votes. Votes placed on Sprint phones count double, which could cut the margin in half.
Source: Speed

No Ambrose
I voted an extra few times for Montoya.
Old 13 May 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2461926)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
still think elliott sadler will get.
stinks about ambrose...give him another year.
glad to see the Awesome one in there!
Old 15 May 2009, 00:45 (Ref:2462700)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i guess we know what is going on but...
here's who's in...
here's who is racin to get in...

i gotta think the "showdown", as it has been dubed, will go to either Reutimann, JPM, Truex Jr., or McMurray. John Paul seems to be quick at the mile and a half tri-ovals but the 00 has had a strong season thus far.

Practice at noon and 130 est and qualifying is at 5 (and 6?) Friday....bout the only qualifying season i'd watch all year besides the 150s at Daytona.

anybody wanna post the "new" format so i don't have to go looking for it?
Old 15 May 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2463134)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
RCR team #31 won the crew challenge last night

Showdown Drivers Practice times:
AJ, Truex, Mears, Nemechek and Sadler were the top 5

All Star Drivers Practice times:
Johnson, Kyle, Martin, Burton and Gordon were the top 5

Qualifying about to start:
Live Leaderboard (i think)
Old 15 May 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2463166)   #21
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Why is quali not forth coming? Is it raining there?
Old 15 May 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2463191)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
were a few sprinkles that delayed it by a few minutes...
LINEUP
Johnson on the pole...now there is a surprise
Kurt B rounds out the front row...Kenseth, JR and Mark Martin round out the top 5.
Tony S. forgot that he needed 4 tires and left after only 2
Old 16 May 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2463287)   #23
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
:L Ha! Poor old Smoke, I bet if they were doughnuts he wouldn't have left two!
Old 16 May 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2463443)   #24
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
He's raced in ARCA some. He tried to qualify for a race earlier this season and wrecked it pushing too hard on his qualifying lap. Him and that team were one of the teams that said they would attempt to qualify for some races once it became clear in the offseason that there might've been a shortage of cars.

Here's a vid of the qual wreck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrrr35nrI_E
Old 16 May 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2463470)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
FORMAT
dont forget to vote, one more time!

rain in the forecast...if it does rain, let's hope NASCAR sees it this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
:L Ha! Poor old Smoke, I bet if they were doughnuts he wouldn't have left two!
glazed or creamed filled?
tony, that is...