Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Sep 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2767361)   #176
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the welcome HORNDAWG.

Any update about current track conditions?
Right now everyone is very slow on Live timing.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2767366)   #177
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is raining and only a few cars out on track.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2767370)   #178
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Thanks for the welcome HORNDAWG.

Any update about current track conditions?
Right now everyone is very slow on Live timing.

The first post of this thread has many links. The RLM/Hindy link (listen live) will get you a live audio stream from the track. At the moment it is in and out due to problems with the lines, but it is live at the moment with interviews etc.. from the track while it is raining.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2767374)   #179
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Damp track huh. Well, it's a good occasion to see if the Hybrid Porsche has as much an advantage on the wet as they pretend to...

Just read on EI's thursday report that both Drayson's Lola-Judd and Libra Radical-Nissan get bigger restrictors. (sorry if it has been said already I didn't see it) .

Also, could someone clarify the situation of the P2 cars, as it seems everyone is not on the same rulebook.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand Cytosport's Porsche has been allowed to run lighter (800kg) this year, while Highcroft's Acura ran most of the year under ACO 2010 LMP2 aero, but came at Petit with the large rear wing. It seems Oak's Pescarolo is the only P2 in full ACO spec... What about Dyson's coupe?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2767379)   #180
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Damp track huh. Well, it's a good occasion to see if the Hybrid Porsche has as much an advantage on the wet as they pretend to...
Seems to be shifting at the moment in dumas hands.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2767384)   #181
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Just read on EI's thursday report that both Drayson's Lola-Judd and Libra Radical-Nissan get bigger restrictors. (sorry if it has been said already I didn't see it) .

Also, could someone clarify the situation of the P2 cars, as it seems everyone is not on the same rulebook.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand Cytosport's Porsche has been allowed to run lighter (800kg) this year, while Highcroft's Acura ran most of the year under ACO 2010 LMP2 aero, but came at Petit with the large rear wing. It seems Oak's Pescarolo is the only P2 in full ACO spec... What about Dyson's coupe?
This is the season Finale of the ALMS with the ILMC piggybacked to it. So most of the cars, being they are ALMS cars run to an equalized set of ALMS rules. The Dyson car does not conform to ACO regs, firstly, but not solely, for the fuel it runs!

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2767388)   #182
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Oh yes, I remember the Dysons were running unclassified at the begining of the year because of their fuel. So it has been regularised by IMSA?

Anyway , I'm not criticizing the way IMSA runs ALMS, it's just that it's quite confusing to follow (even for a regular fan), and somehow it's a bit sad that this class isn't really displaying a fair level of competiton. Since P1 has it's share of unfairness too, it seems only GT2 can bring "comprehensive" competition these days. (and LMPC to some extent, but with amateurs being confronted to monsters like Bouchut, it's not going to get really tight IMO)

Thanks for the reminder of Radio Le Mans! For some reason I thought they were not covering free practice session. It's a good surprise to me, although my comprehension of spoken english tends to depend on Hindy's level of excitation lol.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2767393)   #183
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Oh yes, I remember the Dysons were running unclassified at the begining of the year because of their fuel. So it has been regularised by IMSA?

Anyway , I'm not criticizing the way IMSA runs ALMS, it's just that it's quite confusing to follow (even for a regular fan), and somehow it's a bit sad that this class isn't really displaying a fair level of competiton. Since P1 has it's share of unfairness too, it seems only GT2 can bring "comprehensive" competition these days. (and LMPC to some extent, but with amateurs being confronted to monsters like Bouchut, it's not going to get really tight IMO)

Thanks for the reminder of Radio Le Mans! For some reason I thought they were not covering free practice session. It's a good surprise to me, although my comprehension of spoken english tends to depend on Hindy's level of excitation lol.
Yes the fuel is now allowed in the ALMS (all year). Actually the ALMS rules have worked quite well in making the classes more level in the competition of the cars within. ALMS had no P-1 this year other than the shared ACO rounds, the ALMS ran a single equalized LMP class which included both P-1 & P-2. I think a little more observation of the ALMS should be had to make such statements. It has actually been very close in all classes all year, as evidenced by how many championships have to be decided in this final round of the season! Proof is in the pudding!!

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2767397)   #184
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you weren't allowed to switch aero packages so once Highcroft went to the small rear wing and lemans body work they were stuck with it? Is this not true, or have the announcers just been wrong every time they brought it up every race?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2767398)   #185
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes the fuel is now allowed in the ALMS (all year). Actually the ALMS rules have worked quite well in making the classes more level in the competition of the cars within. ALMS had no P-1 this year other than the shared ACO rounds, the ALMS ran a single equalized LMP class which included both P-1 & P-2. I think a little more observation of the ALMS should be had to make such statements. It has actually been very close in all classes all year, as evidenced by how many championships have to be decided in this final round of the season! Proof is in the pudding!!

L.P.
Well, you know I happened to be quite an ALMS addict, as long as I could watch the races...

Since 2009 Motors TV is only giving us replays, sometimes two weeks after the race. As avoiding seing results for two weeks is impossible, it's always spoiled for me, so I gradully got bored of that situation and this year I'm totally out of the game indeed.

It's nice you have the patience of explaining those subtilities. I'm going to dig a bit more on IMSA's website to try and be up to date for the race.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2767419)   #186
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any photos of the Panoz Gt2 yet?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2767436)   #187
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Any photos of the Panoz Gt2 yet?
It wont be at the circuit till tomorrow.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2767503)   #188
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like the No.37 Intersport LMP1 has just gained a third driver for the weekend. Ben Devlin (via John Dagys twitter).
Old 30 Sep 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2767507)   #189
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
RLM/Hindy up for night practice.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2767511)   #190
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Well, you know I happened to be quite an ALMS addict, as long as I could watch the races...

Since 2009 Motors TV is only giving us replays, sometimes two weeks after the race. As avoiding seing results for two weeks is impossible, it's always spoiled for me, so I gradully got bored of that situation and this year I'm totally out of the game indeed.

It's nice you have the patience of explaining those subtilities. I'm going to dig a bit more on IMSA's website to try and be up to date for the race.
ALMS races are almost up hours have it has ran in the US, IF you know where to look.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2767514)   #191
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
Just like Lemans We all should know by now that winning these races comes down to a lot more than just speed, other wise intersport would be the top alms team
Peugoet have corrected the con-rod problems that cost them LeMans!
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2767517)   #192
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post

One thing that will help Audi and Peugeot is that unlike the wishy-washy weather of Silverstone, conditions will be about the same through Saturday.
'Wishy-washy weather of Silverstone' ?!....It was a dry and sunny race day!
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2767519)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
'Wishy-washy weather of Silverstone' ?!....It was a dry and sunny race day!
True but the first three sessions were run on a wet/drying track. I dont think they got a crack at a dry track until qualifying. Might have been why Minassian binned it right infront of us.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2767523)   #194
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Red Flag. #95 spun in front of the Drayson Lola and collected Pirro, who spun it to avoid spearing the #95.

L.P.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2767524)   #195
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Flag. Accident...
Old 30 Sep 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2767525)   #196
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Early bath this evening for Drayson Racing. Came over the brow of the hill and found an LMPC spun in its path. Pirro on board - doesn't look like he got his three night laps in because he was on his out lap when the crash happened. So back of the grid for them.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 00:13 (Ref:2767543)   #197
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Nice lap from Rocky in the Hybrid.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2767547)   #198
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Flag out looks like the #6 Porsche with Graf behind the wheel was in an incident.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2767549)   #199
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Red Flag out looks like the #6 Porsche with Graf behind the wheel was in an incident.
Reports are that it was the #23 Alex Job GTC 911
Old 1 Oct 2010, 00:24 (Ref:2767550)   #200
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
No it was the #23 with Lueders at the wheel.

L.P.