Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 23 May 2001, 13:17 (Ref:95545)   #1
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy 500 and Sky

Does anyone know whether the Indy 500 will be shown on Sky Sports or not? I had heard rumours that they are not, which is pretty ****, seeing as Sky said that they were covering all IRL races this year live. The TV schedules only show Sky Sports as having Indy 500 highlights. Anyone know?
Old 23 May 2001, 17:27 (Ref:95598)   #2
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the digital TV guide Sun 4:30 "Motor Racing Live", which according to the info is the indy 500
Old 23 May 2001, 18:14 (Ref:95624)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good. me and my friend (not a fan or motorsports) watched the 500 last year, and we followed montoya and had a great time.

i'm gonna cheer for the target boys. ALLEZ, NICOLAS! i'll buy him a pint at rockingham if he wins. and that's a promise. and bruno? he can have an orange juice

Last edited by bella; 23 May 2001 at 18:16.
Old 23 May 2001, 23:00 (Ref:95743)   #4
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky's coverage was originally listed as being on Sky Sports 3 - they seem to have moved it to Sky Sports Extra (still 4.30 on Sunday), which might be causing the confusion as not all the listing mags include this channel.

I'm hoping that's a good move - there's nothing scheduled to be shown on "Extra" after the 500. Does that mean they can stick with the coverage if there's a rain delay? Last year they threw me by switching channels halfway through the race, so I came home from my weekend's racing to find I'd taped a load of golf!
Old 24 May 2001, 17:54 (Ref:96124)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've seen serveral adverts for the Indy 500 on Sky TV, so it must be on somewhere.
Old 26 May 2001, 19:44 (Ref:96976)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Is this true ? I bloody hope not Was looking forward to seeing the race, but I don't get SSE...
Old 26 May 2001, 22:01 (Ref:97020)   #7
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's definitely listed on Sky Sports Extra (I haven't checked for re-runs on other channels). Sky seem to be moving more and more of what's left of their motor sport coverage onto the "Extra" channel (I thought it came bundled with all their sports packages but I might be wrong). I often get asked why I have two satellite dishes up (one analogue, one digital), but it does mean that, with any luck, I'll have both Indy and various bits of the Nurburgring 24 hours meeting waiting on video when I get back from Rockingham.
Old 27 May 2001, 08:49 (Ref:97148)   #8
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everytime I check its moved
Old 27 May 2001, 09:57 (Ref:97172)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Great Thanks Sky for ruining my day...
Old 27 May 2001, 17:48 (Ref:97349)   #10
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig, next time they do this to you with this little warning, let me know you're on your way and I'll get the beers in.

Tim (flitting from VCR to 10-tenths during ad-breaks.)
Old 27 May 2001, 18:38 (Ref:97368)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
How much longer to go, Tim ? I reckon I can make your place in 45 minutes...

One thing to say about Sky/NTL - *******s!
Old 27 May 2001, 18:45 (Ref:97375)   #12
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get to watch it either I'm following live coverage at indy500.com though!
Old 27 May 2001, 21:38 (Ref:97458)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wow that takes the cake!

The interactive cable guide thingy (the one that's supposed to be up to the minute accurate...) informed me there was to be a 2 hour highlights program on Sky Sports 2 starting 10pm. So I carefully avoid anything which might give the game away all evening and tune expecting to see highlights. What do I get...?

Ten pin ****ing bowling!

Well done Sky. Think you just showed your true colours and total lack of respect for your subscribers.
Old 27 May 2001, 21:56 (Ref:97472)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Subscribers that pay £34 a bllody month and what for?