Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jan 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2367832)   #1
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Other series 2009

I thought, it might be a good idea too create a catch-all-thread for all the series that are rarely discussed here, like ADAC-Procar, Belgian Touring Car Series BTCS or the lower divisions of Dutch Supercar.

Calenders:

BTCS:
10.-12.04. - Francorchampions - Spa
01.-03.05. - Trophée de Bourgogne - Dijon
15.-17.05. - Star Festival - Zolder
05.-07.06. - 12 Heures - Spa
09.-11.07. - 25 Uren VW Fun Cup - Spa
18.-20.09. - Francorchampange - Spa
09.-11.10. - FIA GT - Zolder
The bigger BTCS-cars can also be campaigned in the 24hrs at Zolder at the end of August.

Procar:
11. – 13. April - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
08. – 10. Mai - TT Circuit Assen/NL
21. – 23. Mai - Nürburgring 24h
05. – 07. Juni - Hockenheimring
03. – 05. Juli - EuroSpeedway Lausitz
04. – 06. Sept. - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
18. – 20. Sept. - Sachsenring
16. – 18. Okt. - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

Most Procar races will be part of a new "ADAC Masters" package consisting of GT Masters, Procar, Formula Masters and ATS Formula 3 Cup

DSC:
Kalender Dutch Supercar Challenge 2009
12-04: Francorchampions, Spa Francorchamps
03-05: Britcar, Donington
01-06: Pinksterraces, Zandvoort*
28-06: Euroraces, Spa Francorchamps
19-07: Zolder Super Prix, Zolder
09-08: Rizla Racing Day, Assen**
06-09: Trophy, Zandvoort*
20-09: A1GP, Zandvoort**
04-10: Spa Racing Festival, Spa Francorchamps
25-10: DSC Finaleraces, Assen

** Only GT-, Supersport I-divisie en Mosler Challenge
* Only Supersport II-, Sport- en Diesel-divisies

BTCS-News:
- After sitting out 2008 Streetmachine will be back with their Audi A4 in Division S1 and Armand Fumal will convert his Touring Cup/Solution F/Opel Astra-Silhouette Racer into an Audi A3 for division S2.
- Chad Racing from Great Britain have reached a deal with KIA Motors. The team will race two KIA pro'ceed in S1.
Old 8 Jan 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2367866)   #2
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depneding on your definition of touringcars, the btcs and dsc are only partly a touringcarserie; the top-classes are mainly competed with GT's and silhouettes (dare I say of the ugly kind)

Nevertheless thanks for these calendars, I hope to be able to visit a few of the Dutch and Belgian races.
Old 8 Jan 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2367902)   #3
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the thread! I'd like to read smth about BTCS as I like that S1 machinery. Great news - more different cars. Would be great if Jaguar appears at some races.
And Dutch supercar challenge is a very interesting thing!
Thanks a lot!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2368140)   #4
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VERY nice, I love those series.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2368185)   #5
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Here are the calenders of several Italian based series.

(Can these be merged into the opening post?)

Endurance Touring Car Series (ETCS)
04/05/2009 Monza
04/26/2009 Brno
05/17/2009 Vallelelunga
06/28/2009 Budapest
07/25/2009 Misano
09/13/2009 Mugello
10/11/2009 Imola

Superstars
IMOLA 18-19 April I S
ADRIA 9-10 May I
MAGIONE 6-7 June I
MISANO 18-19 July I
PORTIMAO Portogallo 1-2 August I S
VALLELUNGA 19-20 September I
MUGELLO 26-27 September I S
MONZA 17-18 October I S
KYALAMI Sud-Africa 5-6 December S

"I" indicating Italian Championship
"S" indicating International championship

Some Superstars-News:
Starting in 2009 "2-Door-Saloons" like the Audi A5 and the 2-door BMW M3 will be allowed to compete in Superstars.
The race weekends will no consist of two 25 minute +1 lap races.

And is it just me or is traveling to Kyalami for 50 minutes of racing pretty crazy?? Especially in a series with notoriously weak fields and with the Italian championship already decided....

CITE (Italian Touring Car Endurance Championship)
- no calender yet -

There's interest in campaigning one or more modified former Superstars Audi RS4 in this series. Like ETCS this series is dominated by the Monster-M3s of Duller and the like. It would be intresting if the Audi could keep them honest.
There is also a turbo-powered Factory Seat Leon in this series, that came second in the overall championship this year.
More infos about the series can be found here: http://www.acisportitalia.it/ACISpor...o%20Endurance&
Looks intriguing.

Last edited by Speed-King; 9 Jan 2009 at 12:01.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2368407)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Chad Racing will enter 2 Kia's (tubeframe silhouttes) in BTCS
Old 9 Jan 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2368410)   #7
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Chad Racing will enter 2 Kia's (tubeframe silhouttes) in BTCS
Yeah, I wrote that in the opening post. Very interesting, though. From what I understood it is a factory deal between KIA and Chad. First ever KIA-backed racing effort in Europe??
Old 9 Jan 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2368414)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is see Superstars has dropped the German round and now move to South-Africa. For a small series like Superstars it makes no sense to race at Kyalami. Or is there interest to start a Superstars series in that country?

Maybe Superstars should join International GT Open as a support series. IMO it's a great touring car series but only needs more cars on the grid. There are already great cars available. I am glad they have 2 races at each event this season.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2368416)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Yeah, I wrote that in the opening post. Very interesting, though. From what I understood it is a factory deal between KIA and Chad. First ever KIA-backed racing effort in Europe??
I missed that.

This year Chad used Peugeots in BTCS. I assume the Kia uses the tubeframe of the Peugeot with a Kia body. Which Kia model will they use?
Old 9 Jan 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2368570)   #10
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm, nice to see KIA's too. I think there have been a KIA factory supported efoort (or at least supported by KIA dealers). But that's in the French Trophee Andros. But not this year as I can remember, a reason for going to BTCS then?

Any news on that wonderful 3-rotor Mazda RX-8? I love that car as I'm a true rotary nerd
Old 10 Jan 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2368875)   #11
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nope, in Poland we have 2 Kia cups - Picanto and Pro_Cee'd, and they're the main force of our motorsport More (in Polish of course) here:

http://www.picanto-lotos-cup.pl/index.html
http://www.ceed-cup.pl/
Old 11 Jan 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2369193)   #12
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There're some questions for the experts on the theme.
1 Is that Peugeot406 coupe to start in 2009 (i think i saw it in BTCS-2008)?
2 Are there any videos from BTCS except ones that are at the official site?
3 Is that Czech series with ex-DTM cars still alive?
Thanks!
Old 11 Jan 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2369264)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

1. If I remember correctly there were 3 Peugeots in BTCS this year, two for Chad, and one part-timer from a team I don't know. Now Chad will campaign two KIAs next year, which might or might not be based on the Peugeot-chassis. If they are not, someone else might run them, but somehow I can't see that.

2. I don't think so. Pitstoptv.be might be your best bet, but right now they don't have videos of BTCS.

3. Yup, it's still around, last news I read about it weren't that pretty, though: http://www.e-sport.cz/rs/2008100050-...t-o-jedno-auto
Old 11 Jan 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2369402)   #14
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some Superstars-News:
Starting in 2009 "2-Door-Saloons" like the Audi A5 and the 2-door BMW M3 will be allowed to compete in Superstars.
The race weekends will no consist of two 25 minute +1 lap races.
I think, it was made due to Audi marketing purposes - they need to promore their new A5.
And I don't know what's the difference between 2-door and 4-door M3
Quote:
And is it just me or is traveling to Kyalami for 50 minutes of racing pretty crazy?? Especially in a series with notoriously weak fields and with the Italian championship already decided....
May be, they want to travel alongside with SBK? Exhibition race. As for me it is stupid thought to race in RSA. They have their own V8 Supercars there.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2369412)   #15
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are mixed car and bike meetings permitted at that level? It's very much frowned up or possibly totally banned in the UK.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2369417)   #16
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Are mixed car and bike meetings permitted at that level? It's very much frowned up or possibly totally banned in the UK.
Hmm, I know that it's done in America with Grand Am and Moto-ST and maybe also AMA Pro, now that all of these series are under NASCAR-ownership...
Old 11 Jan 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2369492)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
I don't think there's anything specifically banning them, the Christmas Plum Pudding meeting at Mallory has been a mixed bike/car event for years.

For a championship meeting it's more likely to be a logistical problem. Bike and car marshals/officials have different operating practices, then there's removing/installing the bales/padding over the armco.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 11:36 (Ref:2372592)   #18
johanhesselink
Rookie

johanhesselink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New series? I've found dtcc.eu?
Old 16 Jan 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2372607)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhesselink
New series? I've found dtcc.eu?
Wasn't that a one-off revival of the old DTCC that happened last year at Zandvoort?
Old 16 Jan 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2372628)   #20
johanhesselink
Rookie

johanhesselink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it just got online
Old 16 Jan 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2372650)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The DTCC was a one-off race this season. If was not a success (only a few cars turned up). I didn't read anything about a new touring car series in Holland. And with the new GT4 series it seems very unlikely. Maybe it's a website of a DTCC fan?
Old 23 Jan 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2377549)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

BTCS:
http://www.btcseries.be/fr/actualite...cing-team.html

A Subaru for the big touringcar division T3-T4.
The top of the non-Silhouette field should look pretty good with cars from BMW, Volvo, Seat and now Subaru.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2382817)   #23
Speed-King
Veteran

First drawings of the new Silhouette-class2 Audi were published on the BTCS-website:

Side and back looks good, but I hate that single-frame grill design...
Old 30 Jan 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2382833)   #24
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, we'll see if that changes when they start doing aero testing.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2382913)   #25
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Side and back looks good, but I hate that single-frame grill design...
I did as well in the beginning, but seeing it for the last year I'm starting to grow accustomed to it. It certainly looks a lot better/worse depending on car colours though.