Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2560799)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tasman to Close!! - Murf to PCR Ford!!

According to Mr Fogarty in today's AA, Tasman Motorsport in its current form, is set to close at the end of this season.

The story suggests that the lead driver and part owner, Mr Murphy, shall take one of the two current Tasman RECs, and link up with Mr Cruickshank's PCR equipe for next season, in an ex-888 Falcon

To Ford...

The second licence is apparently on the market, with TDR the likely purchaser for that slot.

The linkage makes sense, considering a backer of PCR is also an owner in Tasman, such that the connection can be seen as logical and solid...

Quite what that does to the Tasman workshops, the equipment, the crew and all the infrastructure investment of the last few years will be interesting to see... it looks like a major major waste of money now

Or indeed Greg Murphy Racing, who owns the VE that was run at the weekend for Mr Walter & Mr Douglas....

What the implication for Britek might be is also interesting... if Tasman takes their REC to PCR, the need for the lease of the Britek REC shall disappear... leaving Mr Bright with 2 REC's and without the funding to run them both!

Presuming any of this is actually happening....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Oct 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2560819)   #2
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sort of turns your Dreamtime to Fantasy . . .
Old 13 Oct 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2560821)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It actually makes a joke of the Skaife/Murphy Bathurst pairing and what was allegedly trying to be achieved there.

Will Sprint Gas join Murf @ PCR?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2560829)   #4
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmmm this is very interesting as Murph has slways stated in NZ he'll be a holden man...... So its a case of is it sci-fi or fiction?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2560882)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Given that SBR is strongly rumoured to be running a 3rd car, as a customer car, that you would think it would make much more sense for Mr Murphy to end up there, with REC and sponsorship in hand, to run alongside the regular pilots....

But the PCR opportunity seems to exist...
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:44 (Ref:2560886)   #6
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will this effect the DJR 4 car rumors that are circulating?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2560887)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember a deal was attempted in the past for Greg to drive for SBR, which is how Pirtek ended up involved going back along time now.

Neville Crichton was going to be part of it, for memory
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2560890)   #8
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Murph is still considered a top driver, shouldn't he go to a top team like FPR, WP or SBR? You would have thought he would have had enough of driving for small teams, and I'd hope these big teams would be interested in him. At the very least a name driver will keep the merch stock moving.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2560940)   #9
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Bargwanna? That poor bloke is cursed...every team he joins ends up closing its doors. Larkham M/Sport, WPS, SGR....
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Oct 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2560952)   #10
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR dont quote me on this but..... what ive heard is that it could possibly be a 4 car relationship with the 3 teams currently invovled ie: tasman (greg murphy racing) britek and wsr and the possibility of playing both sides of the fence ie: holden/ford isnt out of the cards which would essentially maintain there relationship with 888 race engineering and the development of the cars

thought here would be more appropriate
Old 14 Oct 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2560989)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
noooooooooooooooooooooo i want Murph in a Holden. CRAP!!!!!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2560990)   #12
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
noooooooooooooooooooooo i want Murph in a Holden. CRAP!!!!!
You can keep him

I myself would find it hard to ever cheer for him in a Ford
Old 14 Oct 2009, 03:59 (Ref:2560993)   #13
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good old auto fiction pokes its head up again,i think April fools has come early!

i doubt it would ever happen
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2560994)   #14
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
According to Mr Fogarty in today's AA, Tasman Motorsport in its current form, is set to close at the end of this season.

The story suggests that the lead driver and part owner, Mr Murphy, shall take one of the two current Tasman RECs, and link up with Mr Cruickshank's PCR equipe for next season, in an ex-888 Falcon

To Ford...

The second licence is apparently on the market, with TDR the likely purchaser for that slot.

The linkage makes sense, considering a backer of PCR is also an owner in Tasman, such that the connection can be seen as logical and solid...

Quite what that does to the Tasman workshops, the equipment, the crew and all the infrastructure investment of the last few years will be interesting to see... it looks like a major major waste of money now

Or indeed Greg Murphy Racing, who owns the VE that was run at the weekend for Mr Walter & Mr Douglas....

What the implication for Britek might be is also interesting... if Tasman takes their REC to PCR, the need for the lease of the Britek REC shall disappear... leaving Mr Bright with 2 REC's and without the funding to run them both!

Presuming any of this is actually happening....
What are these jurno's on? Too much Red Bull and Vodka?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:09 (Ref:2560995)   #15
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
You can keep him

I myself would find it hard to ever cheer for him in a Ford
Been waiting for this post...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2560997)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I can't see this happening, but stranger things have happened right? But hey that's Auto Fiction for you........
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2560998)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i know i'm clutching at straws here but could the link up happen but in the reverse with PCR to Holden?

* Miles said a little while ago he didn't want any capital expenditure in a link-up that ment staying Holden.

* also said was they were going to keep their engine shop open now switching that to build Ford DOHC's would involve CP, wouldn't it.

* PCR live at SBR now Tasman have the workshop.

* 888 came to Holden PCR could keep that link going with Commodores for themselves and Tasman.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:26 (Ref:2560999)   #18
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping it's wrong.

I'd love for Murph to stay with Holden. Perhaps Dumbrell could vacate his seat at WP?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2561003)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
or maybe PMM could become the nursing hom of V8's with Murph into #67?????

if i was Holden and WP i'd give Dumbrell the arse for Murph anyday of the week.

also isn't McConky possibly retiring so maybe Murph in the WOW car.

god i hope this dosn't happen.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 04:50 (Ref:2561005)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Things to remember here include:

- Tasman has a REC it needs to use
- Tasman has a sponsor pool it can use

Any thought of taking a pure drive somewhere is complicated by these 2 things...
Old 14 Oct 2009, 05:22 (Ref:2561013)   #21
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Things to remember here include:

- Tasman has a REC it needs to use
- Tasman has a sponsor pool it can use

Any thought of taking a pure drive somewhere is complicated by these 2 things...
Didn't one of the teams get slapped with a $150,000 fine for not appearing in one of the rounds as per the REC? That's one hefty fine for not showing up to an event.

What's the overall cost to a 2-car team to switch to the rival make?
Old 14 Oct 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2561052)   #22
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Given that SBR is strongly rumoured to be running a 3rd car, as a customer car, that you would think it would make much more sense for Mr Murphy to end up there

Yeah and then they could bring Ambrose back for a guest drive in the enduros and team him and Murphy together
Old 14 Oct 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2561062)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not?

It was a racing incident after all.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2561110)   #24
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Murph in a Ford......there is a God after all......
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2561118)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
Didn't one of the teams get slapped with a $150,000 fine for not appearing in one of the rounds as per the REC? That's one hefty fine for not showing up to an event.

What's the overall cost to a 2-car team to switch to the rival make?
Depends what the cost of getting rid of all the junk you are now superseding with the new gear. Sell a car for $200k and buy one for $350k and you kinda get the tear up...

Problem is selling it in a full market... BJR only recently got rid of the last of their Ford equipment, and they have been with Holden for 2 seasons.... with a similar performance level with that gear to the Tasman stuff....