Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Jun 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2714695)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 round 7-8 Valencia

next weekend these guys are back in action and once again a race is not live, this time it is the feature race that is not live next weekend, at least this time the reason are people running either fast or slow + this is a risk that football for the under 17 Women final could go into extra time and of course a double header of fast bikes!
Old 19 Jun 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2714793)   #2
skells22
Veteran

I am upset that the time for the 1st race is too late for me. that time if your are wondering is 11.00pm BST! skateboards permitting. Just to remind everyone that Ericsson has a grid drop coming up of 5 places whenever he qualfys
Old 20 Jun 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2714983)   #3
skells22
Veteran

at least next Sunday as per normal i see the race live on TV and at its normal time!
Old 25 Jun 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2717866)   #4
skells22
Veteran

Perez on pole.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2718245)   #5
skells22
Veteran

there were a few 1st lap crashes and that means of course the safety car had to be deployed
Old 26 Jun 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2718319)   #6
skells22
Veteran

can someone post a result up as i have news about pens from that 1st lap. the pens are for Arabazhiev and Kral but Kral DNF (i did see the crash with a little help from Youtube). Also fined was the team Coloni for not seeing a rear jack on Valerio car (again saw it on Youtube) so the rear of Sunday grid will read Arabazhiev & Kral due to those pens
Old 26 Jun 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2718338)   #7
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results of race 1 here, Seem to have been an interesting 1st lap.............
http://gp2series.com/Results,278.html
Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2718421)   #8
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2: the Kamikaze Pilots of the racing world....

Hope Kral is OK, that was a huge crash.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2718428)   #9
skells22
Veteran

yes, I saw it as well and cue the safety car.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2718432)   #10
skells22
Veteran

Kral update : He has a pain in his back but otherwise OK.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2718458)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
A lot of rather unecessary accidents this weekend it seems....

For F2 read GP2 in this area I think?

Perez had an absolute mare of a weekend, and he'll be lucky if he can recover his title challenge now.

From pole in Race 1 he gets tapped by Maldonado at T1 and slips to 4th and then gets spun round by Valsecchi later round that lap! Finishes 11th - No points.

Today he made an absolutely brilliant start (real Gilles Villeneuve stuff) and was 5th into T1 when Valerio steams into him across the kerbs out of control. Result no rear wing, loses a lap replacing it and nil points again!

Maldonado incidentally had a near pefect weekend with a dominant win on Saturday and a decent points haul today. He has a big lead in the points now.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2718820)   #12
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
GP2: the Kamikaze Pilots of the racing world....

Hope Kral is OK, that was a huge crash.
Hi Hope Kral is OK.Some of the worst driving I have seen in a long long time. These guys have to pull up their socks. Some great drivers are having all their hard work ruined. Talking of ruined, what happened to Bird at the start of the sprint race? Looks like he stalled the car? Bianchi had a nightmare too. I enjoy GP2 but some drivers really should not be on the grid at this level. I would not them drive my kids to school let alone drive an F1 car (well this is the feeder series afterall)
Old 27 Jun 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2718894)   #13
miniman
Rookie

miniman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-freak View Post
Hi Hope Kral is OK.Some of the worst driving I have seen in a long long time. These guys have to pull up their socks. Some great drivers are having all their hard work ruined. Talking of ruined, what happened to Bird at the start of the sprint race? Looks like he stalled the car? Bianchi had a nightmare too. I enjoy GP2 but some drivers really should not be on the grid at this level. I would not them drive my kids to school let alone drive an F1 car (well this is the feeder series afterall)
BIRD DID NOT STALL. HE HAD A CLUTCH FAILURE. THEN CAME FROM PIT LANE TO 10TH. NOT A BAD DRIVE AT ALL. DON'T BLAME DRIVERS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS
Old 27 Jun 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2718917)   #14
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the last phrase of Speed-freaks quote was about Bird, but more to some other drivers like Arabadzhiev and Kral on saturday and Valerio on Sunday. And awnsering with only capitals isn't going to help.

Back to the race, Perez seems to go for the most unlucky driver of the year award. He should be up there in the standings with Maldonado, but he's either pushed of the road by other cars or stuck with problems.

I'm glad Ericsson did well this weekend. I don't think he's the superstar a lot of people see in him, but he's a good races and deserved better than the 0 points he had before this weekend started.
Old 27 Jun 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2719003)   #15
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman View Post
BIRD DID NOT STALL. HE HAD A CLUTCH FAILURE. THEN CAME FROM PIT LANE TO 10TH. NOT A BAD DRIVE AT ALL. DON'T BLAME DRIVERS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS
No need to shout were not deaf. Now if you can read then you will know what "?" means. It means I was asking a question because I did not know the facts.....that is why I put it after my question about Bird. ie "do you understand English?" by putting the question mark in I am asking you if you understand English not stating that you don't. See...simple really.
ps Please don't bother to answer my question....I think we all know the answer. And thanks for clearing up what happened to Bird, I think he is a first class driver and I am pleased to know the problem was not his fault.I rather thought and hoped it was not.

Last edited by Speed-freak; 27 Jun 2010 at 23:45. Reason: must check spelling b4 posting
Old 27 Jun 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2719004)   #16
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
I don't think the last phrase of Speed-freaks quote was about Bird, but more to some other drivers like Arabadzhiev and Kral on saturday and Valerio on Sunday. And awnsering with only capitals isn't going to help.

Back to the race, Perez seems to go for the most unlucky driver of the year award. He should be up there in the standings with Maldonado, but he's either pushed of the road by other cars or stuck with problems.

I'm glad Ericsson did well this weekend. I don't think he's the superstar a lot of people see in him, but he's a good races and deserved better than the 0 points he had before this weekend started.
Thank you daisy, glad you understood my question. Your right about Perez, he and Bird seem to share bad luck between them.

Last edited by Speed-freak; 27 Jun 2010 at 23:43. Reason: opps can't spell.....
Old 28 Jun 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2719082)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm ashamed because, after the "24-hour cover" of the 2010 WC, the two GP2 races were broadcasted at 2AM and, to worsen the matters, Fox Sports didn't respect strictly that hour. So I missed Valencia sprint race - and didn't have the chance to save the event.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2719631)   #18
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Can't believe Perez luck. Brilliant pole and great start only to be punted by race winner Maldonado's late late braking hitting Perez exhaust and causing damage to his engine. Then he gets taken out by a pendejo. 2nd race makes a brilliant start only to be taken out by another pendejo. Amazing the poor quality of driving by these pendejos. Perez should be leading this championship. There has to be penalties for this sort of driving. This GP2 not formula ford. Roll on Silverstone where Perez will put it on pole by half a second. Just hope he stays clear of those pendejo drivers.