Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Feb 2011, 02:35 (Ref:2824308)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An Inspiring Idea...

Inspired by a story Here....

What an awesome story!!

So it begs a few question... with a Lotto/Tattslotto/Oz Lotto/Powerball/Lotteries/Golden Casket win...

... where would your newfound motorsport budget be placed?

V8Supercar, Development Series, Carrera Cup, GT3 Challenge, ARC Rallying, Tarmac Rallying, Club days... ??

Too many choices methinks... but worth a think!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Feb 2011, 02:46 (Ref:2824310)   #2
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved reading that story this morning! Makes you jealous... With 70 million you could even make yourself someone special at F1 level although not for very long... How much is HRT going for atm?
I think I would be building a collection to rival Bowdens / Champions and have fun playing with a few cars myself... Guessing the wife might have some more practical projects though!
Cheers,
Simon
Old 2 Feb 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2824321)   #3
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would go and buy myself a historic race car (Group J,K,L or R) and enjoy my racing. The serious stuff like V8's, CC, FF etc, I would leave to those who can be bothered
Old 2 Feb 2011, 05:18 (Ref:2824327)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I would go and buy myself a historic race car (Group J,K,L or R) and enjoy my racing.
and a ute or Aussie Racing Car to have a bit of competitive fun on the side... just have to remember to change attitudes between class races if being run on the same weekend
Old 2 Feb 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2824393)   #5
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep it at grass roots level
Old 2 Feb 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2824408)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
id be doing the bathurst 12 hour with me and a bunch of mates. in what could be the most unlikely car.. whatever that turns out to be

utes on a national level might be a possibility (or ARC)

surely there is a new one make series coming soon
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2824444)   #7
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be looking at Historic Touring Cars again.

Buy an Xu-1 Torana, And travel around Australia and race at every track.

I would love to buy my first original Torana i built into a Historic Group N. Fun days

Thats what i would do.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2824447)   #8
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would run a 3 car sports sedan team... The best cars that money can buy...
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2824451)   #9
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the tool from Tassie

any chance Joolyas puppetmaster would not allow it.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2824470)   #10
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 410 Sprintcar for me matey and then put one of our good young kids from Darwin in it.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2824477)   #11
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Brabham F1 historic race car & a GTHO phase 3 to start
the collection.

I would probably waste the rest on fast cars, fast women
& booze (not in that order).
Old 2 Feb 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2824479)   #12
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I would go and buy myself a historic race car (Group J,K,L or R) and enjoy my racing. The serious stuff like V8's, CC, FF etc, I would leave to those who can be bothered
Or at the very least a decent Tarmac rally car.....

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....rana-rally-car

Old 2 Feb 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2824543)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
A Brabham F1 historic race car & a GTHO phase 3 to start
the collection.

I would probably waste the rest on fast cars, fast women
& booze (not in that order).

I would spend a fair sum on booze and women, the rest I would waste.

Possibly the Dakar.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2824552)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some sort of production car, one of those Lancers seems pretty nice. A GT car like the Aston Martin going around maybe? Either that or a Carerra Cup car.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Feb 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2824711)   #15
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys, think big, think David Thexton!

I'd buy my way into a car in every big catagory on every great race track around the world!
Bathurst, Daytona, Indy, LeMans, Nurburgring, Monaco, ect.
V8SC, DTM, NASCAR, Indycar, F1, LeMan prototypes, GT's, WTCC, WRC, Nitro Funny car, you name it.

Everyone might think I'm making a fool of myself but I WOULD NOT CARE!
How fun would it be.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2824743)   #16
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Build myself a private track like the former Coca-Cola Amatil CEO did in regional NSW, amass a collection of various race cars from around the world and occationally race in a national or state category.

Maybe spend a year and follow F1 around the world, then maybe some NASCAR, Indycar and ALMS in USA over a year and then come back and get a motorhome and follow the Supercars around.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2824854)   #17
Boulevard_Cruiser
Rookie

Boulevard_Cruiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take my fat cheque book to Dave Towe's garage and buy the lot!!!
Old 3 Feb 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2824855)   #18
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd buy HRT and turn it into a Ford Team, do a reverse Roland!
Old 3 Feb 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2824858)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'd set up my own team and have two bases: one here in Australia and one in Europe. I'd have my own V8 Brutes team with two cars, one for me and one for a much better driver with the emphasis on having some fun. Would also race a Aston DBSR9 in Aus GT and do the Bathurst 12hr with a pair pro drivers.

And in Europe I'd race in FIA GT3 or the new Blancpain endurance series with a pro driver to sharpen my skills and hopefully be good enough to step up to Le Mans and probably LMS in the GT class most probably with a Ferrari 458 GT2.

I'd put some money towards developing motorsport at grass roots level, thats very important and should never be neglected.
Old 3 Feb 2011, 02:20 (Ref:2824867)   #20
Spiller
Rookie

Australia
Geelong
Spiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'd set up my own team and have two bases: one here in Australia and one in Europe. I'd have my own V8 Brutes team with two cars, one for me and one for a much better driver with the emphasis on having some fun. Would also race a Aston DBSR9 in Aus GT and do the Bathurst 12hr with a pair pro drivers.

And in Europe I'd race in FIA GT3 or the new Blancpain endurance series with a pro driver to sharpen my skills and hopefully be good enough to step up to Le Mans and probably LMS in the GT class most probably with a Ferrari 458 GT2.

I'd put some money towards developing motorsport at grass roots level, thats very important and should never be neglected.
I'd be keeping away from the Ute's, but putting down a good sum to get National FTA TV deals for the other series' - Shannon's National's, AusGT, State Series and Speedway. - As you said grass roots development.

I'd build a fleet of Commodore Cup cars (one for me)- especially with the VE's being considered this year and buy a couple of national FFords with a view to a driver development program like Fujitsu have done using both series so the young blokes get a education real fast. A 410 sprintcar, an Aston GT3 and a Ex V8SC for use in Shannon's or Fujitsu series would be nice to have as play things as well, letting the young guys have a go when I felt they were ready / capable.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 02:48 (Ref:2829452)   #21
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would buy the land and build the race track at Kilcoy that was proposed by HRCCQ.

Then, I would buy every Group A Touring Car i could get my hands on and put my mates and some former greats behind the wheels and we'd have at least half a dozen cars at every round of the Group C Assn series.

I'd also buy an ex V8SC with a top history and do the Shannon's V8 Touring Car series. While I'm at it, I'd do the Porsche GT3 CC and Aus F3, but I guess I'd have to do FF before that. Oh dear, the list just goes on and on..............
Old 11 Feb 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2829454)   #22
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd build an Nc RX-2 and look for a Group C RX-3 or RX-7.

I think that would keep me more than occupied and amused.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 03:31 (Ref:2829458)   #23
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Build a banked oval circuit and attract Nascar and IndyCar as well as club days and test days.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 04:19 (Ref:2829467)   #24
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd move to Europe and start competing in karts, make a proper career out of it. With that sort of money I reckon I could be in GP2 in 5 years

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2829469)   #25
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
I'd build an Nc RX-2 and look for a Group C RX-3 or RX-7.

I think that would keep me more than occupied and amused.
Aside from my new motorsport career, I'd also buy a Cosmo 110S, R100, RX-2, RX-3, RX-4, RX-7 Series 5 (already got the other two generations covered ), 3-rotor Cosmo, RX-8, and get hold of one of the Moffat RX-7s.

And build a bloody big underground carpeted garage to store them.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.