Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2932575)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport 6 Hours Of Silverstone 9-11 September 2011

Provisional Timetable

Entry List

Thought it was time to start the pre-Silverstone news, views, rumours, who/where/when and race thread.

I'll update this first post with further links as and when.

Last edited by Bentley03; 15 Aug 2011 at 10:14.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2932589)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
teamDOT will be attending all 3 days. Ayse and I will (hopefully ) rendezvous a few miles from Silverstone on the Friday morning before making our way to the circuit in time to meet up with Tony prior to the start of 'Free Practice 1'.

Who else is going (which days etc.)?
Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2932617)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Certainly there for the Sunday, Saturday's a maybe. Probably will stay in Bucks again, so if there's enthusiasm for beer and curry I'm sure interest could be piqued.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2932634)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Certainly there for the Sunday, Saturday's a maybe. Probably will stay in Bucks again, so if there's enthusiasm for beer and curry I'm sure interest could be piqued.
Enthusiasm for beer and curry are a given!
Old 29 Jul 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2932764)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, not sure which days but Sunday is a certainty and Saturday is looking likely. If I can do the whole weekend like last year it would be an absolute dream, last year was fantastic and this year is looking good as well.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2933440)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be going down Saturday night and camping over on Sunday.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2933474)   #7
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the "Autosport" really needed in the thread title?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2933484)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it when the full official, if daft, names are used. E when you get the official programme. Although I was once at Silverstone and bought the offical programme!

I might go to this. It's years since I've been to a UK international sportscar race, but the standard is pretty high for most rounds now and I look like I'm free then
Old 30 Jul 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2933542)   #9
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Provisional Timetable

Thought it was time to start the pre-Silverstone news, views, rumours, who/where/when and race thread.

I'll update this first post with further links as and when.
One really does hope that the dates in the provisional schedule change, because otherwise there's a really big hole in the space time continuum...
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2933546)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for this one. With a bit of luck I won't be driving, so might even get to enjoy a rare pint with the racing if its nice and sunny!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2933547)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
One really does hope that the dates in the provisional schedule change, because otherwise there's a really big hole in the space time continuum...
They can work miracles with time travel but they can't equalise petrol and diesel!
Old 2 Aug 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2934837)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I will be there - hopefully arrive Saturday then camping overnight.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2934891)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Enthusiasm for beer and curry are a given!
That sounds like a wonderful combo !!!

Be nice to see AMR back with a car that works ..... not expecting too much from them , as the car is probably behind with respect to development ..... but a good strong reliable package with some serious drivers could possibily get a podium .

Have a great time there folks .
Old 2 Aug 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2934892)   #14
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning to go, having missed the 24 Hours again this year.

After the GT1 race I was already to commit my cash to Silverstone, but it costs more to buy a Sunday ticket in advance than it will on the day!

Surely it's in Silverstone's interest to get people to buy tickets in advance, but now I'll wait to see if it's a terrible day/a family wedding intervenes/the car breaks down!

Shooting yourselves in the foot there Silverstone!

M.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2934953)   #15
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosgt View Post
I'm planning to go, having missed the 24 Hours again this year.

After the GT1 race I was already to commit my cash to Silverstone, but it costs more to buy a Sunday ticket in advance than it will on the day!

Surely it's in Silverstone's interest to get people to buy tickets in advance, but now I'll wait to see if it's a terrible day/a family wedding intervenes/the car breaks down!

Shooting yourselves in the foot there Silverstone!

M.

Buying the weekend ticket in advance is very much worthwhile though, maybe they want to sell those rather than single day ones.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 13:56 (Ref:2934997)   #16
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
weekend tickets are marginally cheaper if you book through travel destinations (£25 & pick up at the gate rather than paying for postage)
Old 2 Aug 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2935158)   #17
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
late start on Friday then... Breakfast at Ikea in Milton Keynes starts at 10am... The other great dane and I will be well fed when we arrive...
Old 3 Aug 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2935253)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
late start on Friday then... Breakfast at Ikea in Milton Keynes starts at 10am... The other great dane and I will be well fed when we arrive...
I cant think of anywhere worse for breakfast
Old 3 Aug 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2935294)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I cant think of anywhere worse for breakfast
Does an Ikea breakfast come flat packed?
Old 3 Aug 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2935317)   #20
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Derby are playing away on the Saturday so it looks like I can do both days. Can't wait to go after missing Le Mans for the second consecutive year.

Should be great to hear the 458's V8 bouncing off the walls of the new pits building.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2935348)   #21
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does an Ikea breakfast come flat packed?
Yes, and with a set of instructions that, only just, don't make sense
Old 3 Aug 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2935400)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Yes, and with a set of instructions that, only just, don't make sense
... and there will probably be a sausage and a couple of beans missing from the plate
Old 3 Aug 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2935420)   #23
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Buying the weekend ticket in advance is very much worthwhile though, maybe they want to sell those rather than single day ones.
True, but not everyone can make both days for many reasons.

M
Old 3 Aug 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2935516)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I have checked with the wife and I have a pass out for all 3 days, best get a hotel booked. I am really looking forward to this one.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2935600)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It would seem rude NOT to go, seeing as it's a mere 30 minutes away. I'll likely have a house full with No1 son, and sidekick, from t'magazine staying... Plus no.2 son likely as well!