Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2967326)   #1
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Veggie Les Hunaudières image wanted

Two weeks ago I bought a new Honda Civic coupe (bear with me, this IS relevant), and unlike my previous bare-bones model, this one has digital screens for everything. It turns out I can load three images as wallpaper on the largest screen, which will swap them in and out at random intervals every time I turn the car on. But family pictures are so boring, and I can't pick anything that would get me in trouble with Homeland Security.

I'm looking for a photo, looking uptrack, of the pack coming over the humps on Les Hunaudières at dusk. When I'm at the forward flag station at poste 61, that view always makes me happy.

Other options are welcome, but Les Hunaudières is a must. PM me if you want to suggest URLs to look at.
Thanks in advance!
keke
Old 9 Oct 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2968154)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When you say Les Hunaudieres, Keke, do you mean the restaurant? Whereabouts on the straight is poste 61?
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2968585)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
He means what you call the Mulsanne Straight.
Poste 61 is after the second chicane, AFAIAA.
A circuit map with marshals posts marked is HERE
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2968650)   #4
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poste 61 is actually at the second chicane. 60bis is driver's left and we are driver's right. They get to blue flag but we get all the gravel traps!

BTW, in the interim I found a cool shot of Jo Siffert in a 917 at Spa in 1970 and that's the wallpaper I used for my test. But still looking for "my" image!
thanks in advance,
Keke
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2968784)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately not a spot that the average Le Mans spectator gets to shoot from, sadly.....