Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3079767)   #1
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Know Any Good Le Mans Phone Apps?

If I may be shameless once again.

My friend as created a Le Mans 2012 Android App.

It currently has pictures of each entry and driver details.

It'll be updated as the entry list evolves (although it sounds like we're nearly there) and the info/comments will be completed after Test Day.

If you've got an Android device (tablet/phone etc) then it's free to download from the market.
Old 27 May 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3079768)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does that work on an iPhone?
Old 27 May 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3079837)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's Android only sadly.
Old 27 May 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3079838)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the tip, have it installed now.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3079909)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
It's Android only sadly.
Tell him to make it work on iPhone
Old 27 May 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3080062)   #6
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If I may be shameless once again.

My friend as created a Le Mans 2012 Android App.

It currently has pictures of each entry and driver details.

It'll be updated as the entry list evolves (although it sounds like we're nearly there) and the info/comments will be completed after Test Day.

If you've got an Android device (tablet/phone etc) then it's free to download from the market.
Looks like a good App for those heading over to LM, to go along with Andy Blackmore's spotter guide.

About the Level 5 car, normally Barbosa would have gotten the 3rd spot but unfortunately the LM test day clashes with Barbosa's main commitment in 2012, which is Grand Am, the race in Detroit. So in comes Diaz.

Really like the JMW livery. Shame Rob Bell isn't in there but he did move over the McLaren this year.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3080070)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Know Any Good Le Mans Phone Apps?

Truckosaurus' app post (see above) has set me to thinking if there's anything else of any use that we could use on our mobiles at Le Mans?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 27 May 2012 at 19:52.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3080082)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If one have internet, there is the Mango Lite app, which gives you IRC Chat, so one can join the Ten-Tenths Chat
Old 27 May 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3080151)   #9
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TRwMjAzODY1Il0.

Still building up but has some interesting stuff.

For the chatroom, I use AndChat.
Old 28 May 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3080295)   #10
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Andy Blackmore's spotter guide.
I'm planning on saving the Spotter's Guide as a .pdf onto my phone.
Old 28 May 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3080727)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

Looks interesting....

I must admit I was thinking more of info type apps - I'm not much of a 'chatterer' myself.....

Now that is good thinking........ Thanks foir the idea!
Old 28 May 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3080819)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

I can't find this on iTunes, even though the developers website seems to think it should be there.......
Old 28 May 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3080836)   #13
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
I think it isn't there also. His website only seems to point to Android store. Couldn't find any reference to Apple.

But you do have an official ACO one it appears, but it needs internet: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leman...441201611?mt=8
Old 29 May 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3081113)   #14
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you've got good wi-fi, download the Eurosport app and subscribe for the month for a few pounds.

Remember to unsubscribe, or you may be forced to watch womens' volleyball etc. in July.

Also remember to turn the volume down at dinner parties, weddings, funerals and the like.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3081393)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still have the ACO's own app on my iPhone from last year - although I didn't use it very much.
Old 29 May 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3081506)   #16
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Truckosaurus, that's a good one !

Now, I was wondering, here in Holland I use several speedcamera detector apps. Will there be any of these kind of apps available in France? Maybe some of our french members are in the know? Preferably for android phone.

Oh, and all in the interest of safety ofcourse...

Old 30 May 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3081624)   #17
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I believe the French authorities take a dim view on speedtrap identification devices, even as part of a normal satnav.
Old 30 May 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3081641)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But what about something that just 'pings' on your mobile which you keep in your pocket?
Old 30 May 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3081964)   #19
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I believe the French authorities take a dim view on speedtrap identification devices, even as part of a normal satnav.
I know, however, apps like these are simply undetectable and deleted at the push of a button, so no problems there. Don't forget these apps are no active radarscanners. They're basically nothing more then a kind of bulletinboard on your phone of a large group of people keeping each other informed where the speedcontrols are located.
Old 30 May 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3081977)   #20
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they do detect your detector, it is placed under your front wheel and you are invited to edge the car forward - ouch!
Old 30 May 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3082164)   #21
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
If they do detect your detector, it is placed under your front wheel and you are invited to edge the car forward - ouch!
They won't, so irrelevant .

Still there must be some source where one can find the location of the french speedcamera's ? Be it for a smartphone app or an internetlink? I just can't imagine the french gendarmes having managed to keep them all secret, anytime.
Not here in Holland, that's for sure...
Old 31 May 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3082307)   #22
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
They won't, so irrelevant .

Still there must be some source where one can find the location of the french speedcamera's ? Be it for a smartphone app or an internetlink? I just can't imagine the french gendarmes having managed to keep them all secret, anytime.
Not here in Holland, that's for sure...

When the last lot of so-called road safety legislation was passed, (1,000 new cameras, carry a breathalyser in your car) it was agreed that the location of fixed cameras should no longer be advertised and they disappeared from Michelin's on-line maps.

However, they have now reappeared! Go to: www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/traffic then navigate to a map of the area you're interested in. You can show fixed speed cameras by ticking the box marked Speed Cameras to the bottom right of the map. You can even print out the maps.

Radar detection devices are banned in France - you're not even allowed to have one in your car, tucked away, switched off in your boot. Having them in the database on your SatNav seems to be a grey area. I've switched them off on mine and rely on noting down the information gleaned from the Michelin website.

Unfortunately, none of this helps when they're pointing a mobile camera at you from a bridge over the autoroute. The only sure solution to that one is to stick to the speed limit.
Old 31 May 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3082316)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Personally i find this debate over speed cameras a bot foolish.
If you worry about them so much, don't speed. I know there might be a slight issue with the MPH to KPH, but that should be it.
After all i doubt no one can argue that they are so good drivers that the speed limits doesn't apply to them.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3082636)   #24
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Personally i find this debate over speed cameras a bot foolish.
If you worry about them so much, don't speed. I know there might be a slight issue with the MPH to KPH, but that should be it.
After all i doubt no one can argue that they are so good drivers that the speed limits doesn't apply to them.
Interesting remark. I drive a performance car so ofcourse I speed(sometimes). Every performance car owner who says he allways sticks to the speedlimit is a downright liar. On top of that, it's common knowledge that the killers on highways are not speed but inattention and poor situational awereness.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3082638)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
@Le Vieux,

Thanks !