Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Feb 2002, 22:59 (Ref:217366)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Proposed Predictions Competiton 2002

Well, some where in the midst of answering the queries from Valve Bounce, Don K and Ralf's Girl, I merged the threads and they disappeared into the ether. I'm sorry gang that your posts were lost. but I'll get onto rectifying my mistake.

On to the topic at hand. As Gerard is saddly no longer posting in this forum, we have a volunteer to run the predictions compettion. I need to clear it with Craig, but I foresee no problems gettting his approval.

I'll keep you all posted as the big day nears.

Old 17 Feb 2002, 00:37 (Ref:217470)   #2
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you EERO, as I am very much looking forward to thrashing the competition this year. I have developed a very forward thinking strategy based on studying the weekly choices of last years top 3 finishers. I believe I have detected deep seated psychological patterns which I hope to exploit.

How's that for a load of pre-season garbage?

Old 17 Feb 2002, 00:41 (Ref:217471)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I want to thank you for your help EERO. I have to confess that the 10-tenths competition was what kept me awake during many races last year, and even gave me great excitement. I remember one race towards the end of the season when I lost out on 5 points because soemthing happened to one of the McLarens. I was mortified, not bacuse the car stopped, but because I lost out on 5 points in the comp.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 02:59 (Ref:217488)   #4
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any chance of a qualifying predictions comp aswell?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 05:44 (Ref:217517)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yeah..i think the prediction competition is a really great thingy on this forum, and that it makes F1 so much more interesting yet cost free.

Supports due, applaud for the effort...and i'm looking to enjoy the new championship...

However, i may fail to participate in certain races as the call of duty to serve the nation forbids my access to the computers too often. Is there anyway i can pre-post my predictions weeks in advance for use as backup if i fail to post my normal predictions...?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 12:59 (Ref:217701)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news, I look forward to competing in a full season after my late entry last season!!!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 14:55 (Ref:217766)   #7
Crank Case
Racer

Crank Case should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As Gerard is saddly no longer posting in this forum
What happened to Gerard?
I used to like his input he was like a piece of the furniture round here.

Last edited by Crank Case; 17 Feb 2002 at 14:56.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:29 (Ref:217779)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crank, I don't know. Maybe some one else does, but they haven't informed me. I liked him immensely. I thought his posts always exhited his great intelligence and gentle nature. He had a wealth of great stories and was man of much grace with an ironic sense of humour. C'est la vie, people come and go. Perhaps it is fortunate to be one who is missed.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:36 (Ref:217786)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
how does it work EERO? sorry to all those who know already, but i wasn't around last season, but it seems like a good bit of fun!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:52 (Ref:217801)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year we used to predict the top 6 in each race.

You got 2 points if you guessed the right place in the top 6, eg if you said TGF would win and he won you'd get 2 points.

You got 1 point if you guessed a driver who finished in the top 6 but didn't come in the position you guessed. eg If you guessed that Rubens would come 6th but he came, for example, 3rd then you'd get 1 point.

Understand?
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:56 (Ref:217804)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
thanks alot
Old 17 Feb 2002, 17:29 (Ref:217828)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is good fun and I too look forward to a strong year following my late arrival to last years comp!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 18:28 (Ref:217878)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Also, the rules stipulated that the Predictions opened on the Monday prior to the race and that each contestant had until 5:00 PM of their own Laocal Time to post a response. In addition. Once you posted your prediction, you had ONE opportunity to revise your choices.

I hope that we can get this off the ground.

Also I'd like to add a prediction for Pole. It might be a tie breaker.

Also gerard had posted a question ealy onn for a season's end prediction, I believe it was a lucky number, in the event of a tie.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 18:34 (Ref:217882)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a great second half comeback, thanks to Montoya !
Old 17 Feb 2002, 19:32 (Ref:217938)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I hope this can be organised again - I really enjoyed the predictions competition last year. I think I did quite well as well!

This year is my year.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:25 (Ref:218023)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

This year is my year.
just like dc?? hehehehe........i'm the biggest jinx going and i'm concerned that if i predict jpm every race, we'll see as many blow up's from the monster as we did last year!!

maybe i should predict tgf!!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 21:21 (Ref:218088)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gosh, if I remamber I had a good run last time. And then it all fell apart... Stupid.

ANYWAY, shall I assume the rules will remain the same??

BTW Eero, by doing this post you've essentially nominated yourself to be the brains behind the operation. Get yer calculater out!!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 01:42 (Ref:218255)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Tristan, we have a volunteer, its only a matter of Craig's approval. I don't have the time to run the thing. ;(
Old 18 Feb 2002, 05:06 (Ref:218292)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

Also I'd like to add a prediction for Pole. It might be a tie breaker.

Also Gerard had posted a question early on for a season's end prediction, I believe it was a lucky number, in the event of a tie.
Actually, the predictions of the year end comp was separate, and the points for end of year predictions were added to the race predictions total in the second comp. I won the one with the year end predictions, but lost the one without.
If I remember correctly, the predictions had to be in before quals commenced.
Quals is a separate comp and a good example of this is the one run at Atlas.
I prefer the race predictions comp because it kept you interested right throughout the race.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 08:00 (Ref:219349)   #20
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by Nicholas; 20 Feb 2002 at 08:03.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 08:01 (Ref:219350)   #21
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the best result for Spa last year. Even though it wasn't my ideal one!

Of course I would have won the whole lot outright but problems with my connection stopped me So now you've got to put up with me for fourteen more rounds
Old 20 Feb 2002, 12:34 (Ref:219420)   #22
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Also, the rules stipulated that the Predictions opened on the Monday prior to the race and that each contestant had until 5:00 PM of their own Laocal Time to post a response. In addition. Once you posted your prediction, you had ONE opportunity to revise your choices.
I'm delighted to see that this competition will be run again. However, I believe we had a longer period in which to post our entries last year. With this rule, someone who was traveling or whatever on the Monday could miss out. My recollection is that entries were open until "Friday evening" or some such. Start of qualifying would be OK.

Old 20 Feb 2002, 13:01 (Ref:219426)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to know we'll have the competition again.
I was doing fine last year, I hope I can improve this season.
BTW, EERO, can we have points for the best lap of the race too ???
Old 20 Feb 2002, 14:14 (Ref:219464)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Bon, happy 4000th, are you back with us???

We miss you around here.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 19:53 (Ref:219614)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
YES !!!

You can count on me to mess around !

Just bring the pit babes !!!!!