Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 10 Jul 2002, 02:04 (Ref:330684)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Matthew Halliday

New Zealand driver Matthew Halliday is reported as being in a satisfactory condition after crashing heavilly in the first Infinity Pro series race at Kansas speedway.

Halliday a former Formula Holden and Indy Lights driver crashed at turn 2 of the event and was treated for concussion and a suspected broken wrist and right ankle.

ive personally seen matt race here in Australia in Formula Holden and think he is quite a talented driver who if given the right chance has a huge future in open wheel racing, he was also very impressive in last years indy lights championship.

I hope he can make a speedy recovery from this and get back to the track and start racing again
Old 13 Jul 2002, 21:50 (Ref:333394)   #2
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest 12/7:

Halliday Improving, Released From Intensive Care
By Kimberly Miller
indyproseries.com

Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series driver Matthew Halliday was released from the Intensive Care Unit at Kansas University Medical Center on July 12 and is listed in good condition, said Dr. Henry Bock, Indy Racing League director of medical services.

Halliday was listed in good condition July 9, but he began experiencing shortness of breath later that day. He was moved into the intensive care unit overnight and diagnosed with bruised lungs. His breathing improved, allowing him to return to a room.

Halliday, 23, was treated for a concussion, a broken left wrist and a fractured right ankle after a crash during the inaugural Infiniti Pro Series race July 7 at Kansas Speedway.

The accident occurred in Turn 2 on Lap 3 of the event. Halliday, a resident of Indianapolis and native of Auckland, New Zealand, made hard contact with the outside wall in his No. 37 Bowes Seal Fast/Hoosier Wholesale Automotive Dallara/Infiniti/Firestone machine.

Well wishes may be sent to Halliday at:

Matthew Halliday
c/o Indy Racing League
4565 W. 16th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222

Updates will be provided when available.

============

Any one have any pictures (or links to) of Matt's crash? I saw one in Autosport, and tiny ones on autosport.com, but it was hard to make much out in any of them. Unfortunate for the first race of this new series. Hope he gets well soon...
Old 14 Jul 2002, 02:26 (Ref:333467)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I dont have any pics but thanks for the update and the address jon
glad he seems to be doing fine.
Old 15 Jul 2002, 20:36 (Ref:334492)   #4
jrandrew00
Rookie

jrandrew00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He got out of the hospital today. Here is the link to the story.

link