Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2000, 20:21 (Ref:18574)   #1
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They haven't scored points for the last three races, and they're getting their butts kicked, single handedly, by Fisichella! Please BMW, do something! Whay wrong, is it the engine (please say no), the chassis, or the drivers?

-Can anyone make me feel better?
Old 21 Jun 2000, 21:08 (Ref:18584)   #2
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect that in the early part of the season, the Williams has flattered to decieve, They have certainly inherited a few points finishes at the expense of other teams reliability. Now it is their turn to have one or two problems whilst the others make hay.

I wouldn't write them off just yet, they will be back.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:44 (Ref:18621)   #3
Mr.S
Racer

I was afraid this would happen, oh well they will come back.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:56 (Ref:18631)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is widely thought that the thing which made the car so impressive early in the season was not he BMW powerplant at all, but the chassis. The other teams have simply caught up.

However, BMW are to shortly introduce a brand new motor which is said to be 'in a different league' - wait and see what happens when that comes out. A middling engine in an excellent chassis is a whole lot better than a poor engine in an excellent chassis, after all...
Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:57 (Ref:18632)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've also had their butts whipped by Minardi too...

Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:58 (Ref:18634)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And, don't forget, Benetton are getting their act together and have a lot more resources to draw on since the takeover by Renault.
Old 23 Jun 2000, 01:20 (Ref:18843)   #7
Mr.S
Racer

Fatbloke, do u know when this new engine is coming out?
Old 23 Jun 2000, 01:32 (Ref:18850)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was one BMW at Le Mans.

The guys on Radio Le Mans kept calling it a Williams.
Old 23 Jun 2000, 06:00 (Ref:18875)   #9
PISTON BROKE
Rookie

PISTON BROKE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Dont give up ! Frank and Patrick are RACERS and are just waiting to get the new package sorted out. Ralf + Jaun Pablo + Williams + BMW = Winners
Old 23 Jun 2000, 22:26 (Ref:19048)   #10
Mr.S
Racer

no, no, no, it goes like this:

(Ralf + Jaun Pablo + Williams + BMW)+ Winners=
Old 24 Jun 2000, 03:37 (Ref:19102)   #11
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well. Bear in mind that what williams did at the begining of the year was a big surprise. I quote declarations from Gerhard berger at the DW TV station last year "I hope that in our first year we can finish a lot of races and earn some points, in our second year I hope we can score regularily and perhaps win a race or two and I wish that in our 3rd year we can challenge for the championship". Well, they're not so far from their initial goal. They just need to work harder to get back in the points battle but I think that in the long term perspective they're doing fine.

BTW Liz....I think that they would call it williams because the chasis was designed by Williams (not the guy but the company) or at least that was the story last year.

And yes my friends....With "Juancho" (Juan) on the seat next year Williams can expect great things. I have nothing against Jenson. He's a great driver but I've been watching Juan and this kid is like something I've never seen before.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 22:36 (Ref:19464)   #12
PISTON BROKE
Rookie

PISTON BROKE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Doesn't Juan Pablo remind you of Ayrton Senna ? He drives the wheels off that Toyota/Reynard. Also, what about that guy Servia who also races CART. He is out of the same mould.
Cant wait to see the next CART race in Portland. All that passing & racing. I wonder if Bernie/Max ever watches it ?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 23:18 (Ref:19479)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have nothin' against the little feller, but The Montoya God will be amazing-of this I have no doubt.

I think Williams early season form owes as much to Jaguar's and Jordan's rather dismal seasons-BAR's promise is unfulfilled.
Frankly, other than Ferrari, no one looks very good this season.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 23:36 (Ref:19487)   #14
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're totaly right Piston Broke. The kid is just amazing. I have his qualifying lap at detroit on tape...I've never seen anything like it...it seemed as he was driving a WRC (World Rally Championship) car and not a champ car. He came out of a corner with the whole car (front and back) sliding and then recovering it just as the straight was starting. In almos all the other corners the back of the car slided. There was enev one where there's a slight decent with a bump during a corner where the car jumped off the track and it seemed that he was wall bound as the tyres touched the ground again just inches from the wall but he completely crossed the car and recovered it. Paul Tracy said last year "This kid brakes later than everybody into a corner and accelerates sooner than anyone and it would be dangerous for other to try and do what he does". However I just saw the race at portland. A shame...It seems that they didn't get the set up for the car but he still managed to get good laps but the engine died once again
Old 26 Jun 2000, 11:13 (Ref:19567)   #15
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No It aint the dirvers but their drivers do kinda suck. They went alright at the start they put alot of money into the programs and that but the other teams soon caught up

So They will have to work with BMW but by that time Toyota, Honda and Jaguar and Renualt and Jacques will be kicken their arses so it will be a long time till Williams come back.