Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Oct 2002, 06:14 (Ref:406266)   #1
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pook

What is Pook doing to save CART?It seems that some team, driver,or sponsor is going IRL on an almost daily basis.Stock in MPH is trading at a fraction of what it was not so long ago.From what I hear,Ford may not even be a "done deal" as an engine supplier for '03.Even if Ford is on board,how can this series hope to survive with one engine ?
Old 17 Oct 2002, 06:21 (Ref:406269)   #2
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Pook

Quote:
Originally posted by GoFaster
Even if Ford is on board,how can this series hope to survive with one engine ?
without your negativity.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 06:36 (Ref:406270)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey, go back to the IRL board and sprout your negative BS. The only reason we haven't heard anything is because of the stupid gag-order by Honda and Toyota, who will eventually end up destorying your precious Invisible League.

Pook is doing everything behind the scenes, and once the gag-order is lifted with the leaving of Honda and Toyota, then we'll see which one is better - and it won't be the one stuck racing on ovals.

Long Live CART!!
Old 17 Oct 2002, 07:28 (Ref:406280)   #4
GoFaster
Racer

Oh ,I see how it is.Pook is all quiet about some secret master plan to save CART's sinking ship...he's gagging for sure,and it's on a turd called MPH on the stock exchange.You're damn right, I'll go back to the IRL board,I'll take HONDA ,TOYOTA and everyone else who has left CART for a winner. See ya at Indy!...IMHO
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:07 (Ref:406297)   #5
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, GoFigure, sorry, GoFaster, when I see posts like yours it just reenforces how important it was for Cart to clean out the ship. Greedy Teams, spiteful fans, shady manufacturers the lot. There are turds out there and thankfully they all float around in the IRL. Don't let the door belt you on the ass on the way out. GoFigure.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:21 (Ref:406307)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indianapolis? You mean the 'show' that TG has destroyed in the past 7 years, making it a laughing stock, with plummeting crowd and viewing figures, where the cars are so slow and pathetic that the boredom is immense, and where participants are so poor that TG has continuously had to pay them out just so he gets 33 cars on the grid.

You mean the Indy 500 that used to be the greatest one-day spectacle in racing that is now just a sham, with fixed races and results?

Oh, right....

Oh, and Gofaster, if you had been reading reports you would know that there HAS been a gag order placed on CART, by the evil manufacturers, just because they may be upset because CART's announcements will be far more important and grandiose than them leaving the series?

Now, as we've said, go back to your Invisible board and wonder where your series has disappeared to in 5 years when the greedy team owners and ruthless manufacturers turn your series into a laughing stock... hang on, it already is.... well, watch it disappear... well, it already IS invisible... well, let's just say, there will be no IRL!
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:35 (Ref:406315)   #7
GoFaster
Racer

Don't burn any bridges SNOUT.Looks as if some of the back marker IRL teams may be in CART for'03.That's a good thing though as they'll need them to make the field minimum.You go figure.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:43 (Ref:406320)   #8
GoFaster
Racer

F1manoz
What do you have"down under",a dingo race?Don't get to concerned about the "500" as most of the bucks to put it on come from America.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:47 (Ref:406321)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
A dingo race?

Right, you have now made it to the human category known as 'moron'.

No, in fact we have one of the greatest touring car series in the world (V8 Supercars, which continues to grow in strength in numbers and popularity every year) and we are visited by the Formula One World Championship, the World Rally Championship and CART World Series, the MotoGP series and the World Superbike Championship, the five most important international racing series in the world. Australia is very much on the motor-racing map thankyou very much. AND we've also produced our fair share of talent, not bad for a population of only 18-19 million.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:56 (Ref:406325)   #10
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Don't burn any bridges SNOUT.Looks as if some of the back marker IRL teams may be in CART for'03.That's a good thing though as they'll need them to make the field minimum.You go figure.

Jesus GoFistyourself, why would Cart want 2nd hand turds for ? They're IRL home grown so please, keep them in your tank.

What do you have"down under",a dingo race?Don't get to concerned about the "500" as most of the bucks to put it on come from America.

If I may F1manoz, let me answer....

GoFingeryourmommy , I forgot, you're from America, where they call the winners of their major sporting leagues "World Champions" even though teams only from the U.S. compete. The IRL is a good fit for your racing interests, lets hope you get the hint as to where it fits best. Mate.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 08:57 (Ref:406327)   #11
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys keep feeding these freaks who post on our side. Leave it alone and let the post drop to the bottom.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 09:01 (Ref:406330)   #12
GoFaster
Racer

I just went out to check my kangaroo's pouch and lo and behold,no native V8 technology..or any tech. Are we having fun yet?
Old 17 Oct 2002, 09:06 (Ref:406331)   #13
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Well said camcartfan, shall heed the advice.
Although I was having fun with Johnny NoStars.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 09:24 (Ref:406341)   #14
GoFaster
Racer

Johnny No Stars...Ready to debate?