Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 30 Mar 2003, 19:25 (Ref:553059)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Major GPL Problems

I am having major GPL problems

Yesterday I tried to load onto the game my helmet design, with no luck. After I had done this I had a error saying - can not open weekend. So this evening I decided to re-install the whole game, so I unstalled it backed up my .ini file. Re-installed 4 or 5 times and the will not work, it installs OK, I have added the patchs OK and everytime I try to drive a track the thing just crashes, this is not good, I have given up for tonight and I will start again 2morroow

I AM NOT HAPPY
Old 30 Mar 2003, 19:55 (Ref:553078)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it happen on all tracks, just the add-on tracks, or just a few. Again all cars or just some cars ?

Just a guess, you might need to remove the game controller and then re-add it again. Especially if you have more than one controller on the system.

Simon
Old 30 Mar 2003, 20:00 (Ref:553084)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I only have the orginal ones on at the momment, in fact it was even telling me that I need the CD, which I shouldn't after a full installation
Old 31 Mar 2003, 07:11 (Ref:553466)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You shouldn't need the CD if you add the speedfix patch - that makes it NO-CD.

If you've installed "clean" it should work fine? Quite often crashes are caused by the cars?

I had a problem with one track - Spa - but I removed the Spa track folder and copied it from a back-up of about a month ago and that sorted my problem - a rogue corrupted file, I guess.

Without seeing your set-up Rob, its difficult to suggest anything else.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:40 (Ref:553730)   #5
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have massive problems with my GPL ie it hasnt even worked. It says my ActiveMovie is too advanced and I am missing glide2x.dll as well as redline.dll. Does anyone know what the clucks goin on? I have a sony laptop windows XP if that is any help. I was really looking forward to playing but all that happens is I get the black screen which says GPL and then it crashes...
Old 31 Mar 2003, 12:44 (Ref:553731)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know anything about the ActiveMovie thing at all. If you need a glide2x.dll, I;'m sure one of us could find it and let you have it. Redline.dll? never heard of it, I'm afraid. I'm using XP Pro and I've had no problems at all.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 15:57 (Ref:553921)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I am also having that problem with the *.dll files aswell, I am on XP home, I am going to have another look at it tonight.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 18:42 (Ref:554047)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Panic over, I am back up and running

The cars seem to stoping it from working, I add all the cars and it didn't work, removed them and it worked. I also add some of the tracks back on, all OK there apart from can't start the weekend at Remies. But it is looking good

I am still having that glide2x.dll and Redline.dll problems - anyone got any ideas?

I am on a Toshiba Satellite LapTop running WinXP Home.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 18:47 (Ref:554049)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well I've just looked in my gpl folder and I haven't got either of those files. What graphics card have you got? I thought you only needed glide stuff if you were running Voodoo? Redline (as I said before), I've never heard of.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 18:48 (Ref:554052)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have you tried running OpenGL instead?
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:03 (Ref:554082)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
OpenGL?
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:08 (Ref:554093)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, instead of Direct3D (which I assume you are using). Look up the threads on Wiherr's Open GL patch on RSC. You'll see what I mean.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:20 (Ref:554113)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The OpenGPL patch link in RSC is dead...Tried it the other day
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:28 (Ref:554122)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, if anyone wants it, I have it.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 21:20 (Ref:554231)   #15
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just checked my PC. I have the glide file but not the redline dll. Doing a 'Find' located the glide file in the system folder somewhere, up to now I have not been able to locate the actual file though.

Simon
Old 1 Apr 2003, 02:11 (Ref:554440)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am useless with computers and am going to end up messing up my laptop I can see it happening. Might have to take it into a shop and ask them to try for a few shiny pennies.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 11:08 (Ref:554742)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Make a txt file, and save it under exactly this name, symbol for symbol : "redline.dll" NOT redline.dll

Then put it wherever you found glide.dll and see what happens... If it doesn't work, i'd delete it straight away...
Old 2 Apr 2003, 07:25 (Ref:555576)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What will doing this achieve?
Old 2 Apr 2003, 07:55 (Ref:555593)   #19
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
How am i supposed to know? If you create the file that's missing and feed it to the program, how is it gonna jump up and say, hey, i haven't got it!
Thinking more about it, it probably ain't a good idea. But to clear something up, i'm not suggesting that you put a .txt file in there. If you put the name without the quote marks, you get redline.dll.txt, which is an ordinary .txt file. When you have the quotes, you get a .dll file
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:34 (Ref:555764)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It might be worth someone doing a search on RSC for "redline.dll" to see if anything comes up........
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:38 (Ref:555768)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. I can't find anything there......
Old 2 Apr 2003, 12:29 (Ref:555840)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
What i do is keep the zips which the addon's came in in a separate folder. Then if something goes really wrong, i can wipe my C:\Sierra\gpl folder completely clean, and start again, without having to redownload everything.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 14:02 (Ref:555958)   #23
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brother (spaced invader) recieved GPL for christmas, we were begining to get into it and were running up quite a rivalry with fastest laps, we even put upwith the game chucking us off for some reason ever now and again. Now it refuses to work point blank, we've even tried uninstalling it and reloading, nothing seems to work.
When i click on the icon it loads the opening screen and then just goes strait back to the desktop, any advice.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:27 (Ref:556067)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
What i do is keep the zips which the addon's came in in a separate folder. Then if something goes really wrong, i can wipe my C:\Sierra\gpl folder completely clean, and start again, without having to redownload everything.

I do the same, but I burn all my zips to disk.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:49 (Ref:556101)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
My brother (spaced invader) recieved GPL for christmas, we were begining to get into it and were running up quite a rivalry with fastest laps, we even put upwith the game chucking us off for some reason ever now and again. Now it refuses to work point blank, we've even tried uninstalling it and reloading, nothing seems to work.
When i click on the icon it loads the opening screen and then just goes strait back to the desktop, any advice.
Hmmm. I would have suggested a complete uninstall and then a clean install, but it sounds as though you've tried that already. I do wonder if your machine is up to mthe job (as you mention being chucked off from time to time). What spec is your pc and what OS do you use?