Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 14 Aug 2003, 02:25 (Ref:687755)   #1
flatlander_48
Racer

flatlander_48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE TIMEOUT FOR CREATING MESSAGES IS WAY TOO SHORT!! I HAVE LOST 2 REPLIES TODAY BECAUSE I COULDN'T FINISH THEM IN TIME!! I TYPE WITH 3 FINGERS AT MOST AND THIS JUST WON'T WORK!! PLEASE CHANGE THIS!!
Old 14 Aug 2003, 02:37 (Ref:687763)   #2
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know where caps lock is, though.

Just type shorter replies. Or learn to type.
Old 14 Aug 2003, 02:37 (Ref:687764)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oops, easy on the "Caps Lock", there, pardner!

I'm not sure what you mean though, is there really a limit on the time to type a reply, or merely to edit what you've posted?
Old 14 Aug 2003, 04:10 (Ref:687794)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I
Old 14 Aug 2003, 04:10 (Ref:687795)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't kn
Old 14 Aug 2003, 04:10 (Ref:687796)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
ow!
Old 14 Aug 2003, 07:51 (Ref:687850)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
If you are typing up long replies and it's causing problems, then type them up in notepad first and paste them into the reply window when they're complete. That solves the problem.

It certainly makes more sense than expecting the entire forum to be modified to suit one person anyway.

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 14 Aug 2003 at 07:52.
Old 14 Aug 2003, 13:49 (Ref:688156)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sometimes type very long replies, and I've never encountered this problem.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the forum - maybe it's your connection that times out?
Old 14 Aug 2003, 14:08 (Ref:688174)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Could it be that virus?
Old 14 Aug 2003, 22:32 (Ref:688614)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
I sometimes type very long replies, and I've never encountered this problem.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the forum - maybe it's your connection that times out?
Thats it R, Some of mine can take an hour if I'm doing other things at the same time. My guess is a) you have the virus or b)your isp is the problem. Diabando was telling me she used to have a similar problem with her old one.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 00:42 (Ref:688677)   #11
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes - I can confirm this. If I type a long reply, my ISP thinks that I am *idle* (it thinks because there is no exchange of data, that I am no longer using the internet) and will disconnect me. There is a setting on your computer to fix this, but I am not sure how to do it (I rang up my ISP and they directed me over the phone to fix it).
Old 22 Sep 2003, 12:49 (Ref:726372)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I was under the impression that you only had 10 minutes to post a reply (i'm not talking about editing) although i'm sure i've taken longer than 10 minutes on occasion nd never got cut off.
Old 22 Sep 2003, 14:41 (Ref:726514)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time you've taken more than a month.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 07:18 (Ref:727324)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which virus are we talking about here?