Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Nov 2003, 20:40 (Ref:774181)   #1
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch

Anyone seen the entry list?

Where did all the mogifieds come from?
Old 5 Nov 2003, 22:12 (Ref:774265)   #2
BlooBook
Rookie

BlooBook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moggiefieds?? Here puss..puss.. been thinkin' too much about thee Puma I reckon....
Old 5 Nov 2003, 23:24 (Ref:774324)   #3
Grunt
Rookie

Grunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here for those that aint seen it

Grunt

Last edited by Grunt; 5 Nov 2003 at 23:25.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 09:15 (Ref:774571)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The modifieds have been a problem all year but finally they're coming out to play (although there must still be a lot of cars tucked away in garages around the country). A lot of those would also appear to be cars getting a run out ready for a full season next year, it should be an excellent weekend (not sure whether I'm going both days or just the Sunday - I'll work that out later).

Still no sign of Holfeld in the supercars (surely his engine must be fixed by now?). It's the RS200's final outing and I presume the same will apply to the 6R4's so it should be an excellent final blast for them "Sh!t or bust" with nothing to lose.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 14:56 (Ref:774876)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet a few new Ten-Tenthers at Brands then!
Old 6 Nov 2003, 15:03 (Ref:774883)   #6
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
including myself!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 09:38 (Ref:775770)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet a few new Ten-Tenthers at Brands then!
Are you marshalling or spectating? I don't suppose you know if all the Cart fencing is still up do you? I hope not, it'll be right in the way when I'm trying to take piccys.

(Just notice you're from Faversham - I have the dubious pleasure of working in Faversham - small world really isn't it?)
Old 7 Nov 2003, 11:47 (Ref:775845)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be marshalling and the catch fencing has almost gone, although there are still bits at some parts of the circuit.

Only moved to faversham 3 weeks ago today so it's all a little new
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:36 (Ref:775958)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Glad to hear the extra fencing has just about gone, I've not seen Rallycross at Brands before so hopefully it'll be a great event (just got to hope the weather is OK as well - last time I was at Brands in November it was freezing!)
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:37 (Ref:775959)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well the last rallycross there was absolutely brilliant and it looks like a good entry this time. Make sure you bring loads of warm clothes, it's always easier to take layers off.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 17:42 (Ref:776166)   #11
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might not be the end of the group B cars just yet. 2005 will be the year of change.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:42 (Ref:776299)   #12
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could be right Barrie. I have a few roles of film ready for next weekend though, just in in case it is the end.

To be honest, i think most drivers will accept the weight penalty and run without the turbo restrictors next year, which will leave us pretty much where we are now........just a few kgs heavier. Which should mean that the Group B cars will still be competitive......well at least Pat and Lawrence anyway.

If they do go the distance this year, we'll never see anything like them again. I'll miss the superb sound of the 6R4 and the sheer brute force and flame spitting of Pat's 800+ Bhp RS200.

Think i'll take up watching hillclimb/sprints as well as rallycross......you can still see them there. Ric Lee still races Gollops bi-Turbo 6R4 in those events.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:56 (Ref:776312)   #13
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevie A
You could be right Barrie. I have a few roles of film ready for next weekend though, just in in case it is the end.

To be honest, i think most drivers will accept the weight penalty and run without the turbo restrictors next year, which will leave us pretty much where we are now........just a few kgs heavier. Which should mean that the Group B cars will still be competitive......well at least Pat and Lawrence anyway.

If they do go the distance this year, we'll never see anything like them again. I'll miss the superb sound of the 6R4 and the sheer brute force and flame spitting of Pat's 800+ Bhp RS200.

Think i'll take up watching hillclimb/sprints as well as rallycross......you can still see them there. Ric Lee still races Gollops bi-Turbo 6R4 in those events.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:59 (Ref:776316)   #14
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gollop's bi TURBO who runs it and races it.Wondered where it had gone.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 21:22 (Ref:776333)   #15
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Queen, check out this website.

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/Projects_Page.html

A company called Powerstation. These guys did some work on the car to prep it up for hillclimbing. There's some videos and piccys of the car......not sure about the red paint job.......much better in Silkolene livery.

A guy called Ric Lee owns it (among a number of other cars)......Gollop had to sell it to fund his Peugeot 309/306 work. He races it in various competitions including the Midlands Hillclimb Champs and some sprint events organised by the Sevenoaks & District Motor Club.....which ironically race sometimes at Lydden!!

From things i've heard it still has 750+ bhp and kicks everything elses ass in its class. I have heard of an ex works 6R4 rally car that gives it a run for its money though on the tighter twistier sprint stages.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 21:52 (Ref:776347)   #16
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Thank's for that stevie would love to see it back in action.
Old 8 Nov 2003, 19:11 (Ref:777107)   #17
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross fans all over europe that have watched the Group B cars in action since 1986 will never forget the spectacle of these incredible machines. While rallying lost out rallycross benefited greatly from there ban from the WRC. My particular favourite was Olle Arnesson's Quattro S1. Alamaki's Peugeot 205 T16 being in my eyes the best rallycross car ever, with Schanche's RS200E and Gollop's bi-turbo 6R4 close second.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 19:53 (Ref:778099)   #18
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest info i believe H Holfied is now entered for this weekend.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:39 (Ref:778672)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by chauffeur
Latest info i believe H Holfied is now entered for this weekend.
Finally! Fixed the engine at last (although for how long?)
Old 10 Nov 2003, 12:39 (Ref:778745)   #20
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Yes it's finally fixed. He was out in it in Irland yesturday and finshed 3rd.