Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1034008)   #1
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Test Day Canned-Brands 7/8th Aug

I have just been told by MSV that the test day scheduled at BH for the friday before the BARC Championship meeting 7/8th August has been canned due to lack of interest.

These days are always well attended although many leave booking till closer to the event so the reason given is clearly not true.

Is this another example of JP "looking after" the interests of national motorsport.

I suspect the real reason is some sort of corporate circuit hire to make a few extra bucks.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1034016)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe it will mean you book your test days earlier to avoid future disappointment?

JP and MSV are there to run a business and so if the circuit can be hired out for more money than a poorly attended test day, it makes business sense to do so. Sorry to sound harsh but thats the corporate world I'm afraid.

Welcome to Ten-Tenths where you will definately not have to book your time so much in advance
Old 12 Jul 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1034024)   #3
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In most cases the circuits will not accept bookings any earlier than one month, BH included. Also, as businessmen, they will keep records of test day attendances which will clearly show that most competitor test days tend to be oversubscribed, if not overall, certainly in the saloon sections.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1034058)   #4
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does seem a little odd.

Mind you, I live locally and tend to pop up in a spectatorish capacity for a couple of hours on many of the general tests. I have been to several this year with very low turnouts.

The morning sessions of the June 11 test only drew about 7 or 8 in the sports/saloons session and about 20ish in the combined single seaters session. These numbers exclude the Uniroyal Dubois thingys which I believe might`ve had a dedicated exclusive session in the afternoon.

Would`ve thought that the BARC event would`ve attracted more testers though as the categories on the meeting probably only race at Brands once this year. Perhaps its the fact that it`s a 2-dayer this year with double-headers all round (I think) and either entry fees are higher as a result or competitors are happier about the amount of track time they`re getting on the actual meeting proper........
Old 12 Jul 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1034443)   #5
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Stephen; sorry to barge in on the thread; your interview in the racing mags was impressive and I hope it gains more interest in marshalling. Hope you ducked if anywhere near Trullis mishap on Sunday.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1035946)   #6
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time I tested at Brands I paid for half a day (£125 I think).

I don't know whether it was bad driving, bad luck or what but I got 8 laps in total due to the time it took to recover each beached car and restart the sessions.

Now I don't think that represents very good value. I really like Brands but I probably won't go testing there again.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1036798)   #7
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time Ilooked at testing at Brands, it was a stupid price for very little track time.

If I ever get time to test, it's a Silverstone. A full day is a full day, not two 55 minute sessions.

As they've canned the test for that meeting, that puts grave doubts on me getting Harry out ready to run for the first time in FS at that meeting.

Rob.
Old 17 Jul 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1038994)   #8
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testing time has been aranged for the Friday evening now. It is for Formula Renault and National SuperSports Cars only. It is 1hr from 1830-1930. There is half hour window for getting trucks across at 1350-1420. Price is £135.00 and need to get a good no. teams and drivers to make it viable so any you FR or NSA drivers get booking NOW. The test could run upto 15min late depending on the race school before. Garages are free of charge.

Henry
Old 19 Jul 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1040762)   #9
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. As far as I am aware the circuit curfew (weekends AND week days) is 6:30. I`ve never known ANYTHING to go on after 6:30.......
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1040975)   #10
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was what i thought but i have the letter in front of me and it is 1830-1930. We once nearly had a race canceled there because we where very close to the 6.00pm curfew. Something must have changed.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1040996)   #11
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Week days you can run silenced vehicles up to 8 pm, daylight permitting. Weekends the curfew is 6.30 pm. Usually testing finishes by 5.30 on week days and "track days" run in the evening.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 09:17 (Ref:1041027)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
testing - Bruntingthorpe - or previously, Brooklands